Slow slow and even slower

Options
I'm looking better and feeling better but the numbers are not showing all my hard work and its driving me nuts. I started to mix things up a bit doing even lower carbs. I never meet my calorie goal it just feels like I need to eat so much food I can't do it. I work out like a mad women. Sorry for the rant just frustrated. And don't get me wrong I'm loving every minute of this the gym is my beat friend these days makes me feel so good. Ok really all done now lol
Have a great day everyone!!!😳

Replies

• neeciejean3
    neeciejean3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, neecie! Remember that progress comes in many forms besides scale loss. You can lose inches - or lift more weight - or improve your endurance - all while that scale number never moves. Focus on the positives and be patient. You will reach your goal!

Thank you for the positive words!
  • neeciejean3
    Options
    kmv1431 wrote: »
    I know it's frustrating to hit a plateau, but you're doing great! 14 pounds lost in 2 months is really good! You could try lower carbs, or mixing up your exercise routine, but don't be discouraged. You've got this!

Thank you for the kind words!
  • neeciejean3
    Options
    Maxematics wrote: »
    mkculs wrote: »
    Since no one has said it yet, I will: 1100 is too few calories for any women. The minimum is 1200 and sustained dieting under that is very unhealthy. At your weight, losing even 1.5 lbs/week is unrealistic b/c you don't have much to lose. You should adjust your expectations to losing about .5 lbs a week, and eat a healthier number of calories daily. Working out may make you feel good, but ultimately it is what you do and do not put in your mouth that matters for weight loss most of all. If you haven't read the "sticky" posts at the top of the getting started forum, and this one, start there. Good luck. It will make a difference but you are in the very slow-and steady-loss zone to achieve your goal.

Wow you really think that's a low number of calories? I'm having a hard time just eating 1100. I guess I need to try harder on eating more( only good stuff of course) thank you!

Even though 1100 is indeed too low I think based on what you've written that you're unintentionally eating a bit more than you think. [/qu
    I log everything I eat I don't cheat whats the point in that its not going to get me any where except more frustrated.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Since no one has said it yet, I will: 1100 is too few calories for any women. The minimum is 1200 and sustained dieting under that is very unhealthy. At your weight, losing even 1.5 lbs/week is unrealistic b/c you don't have much to lose. You should adjust your expectations to losing about .5 lbs a week, and eat a healthier number of calories daily. Working out may make you feel good, but ultimately it is what you do and do not put in your mouth that matters for weight loss most of all. If you haven't read the "sticky" posts at the top of the getting started forum, and this one, start there. Good luck. It will make a difference but you are in the very slow-and steady-loss zone to achieve your goal.

This. You've lost 14 lbs in 2 months, which is actually pretty fast at this point. With 24 lb left to lose, it is going to come off slower, and it should. Set yourself up for success by having a little more patience. I know it's frustrating because you want to be the yesterday. But these are lifelong changes you are working to implement. Too many people think off the goal weight as the final point. Maintenance is the long game. I'm also 5'2" and can lose on 1700. If you're active, then eat a bit more.

Wow you really think that's a low number of calories? I'm having a hard time just eating 1100. I guess I need to try harder on eating more( only good stuff of course) thank you!

Even though 1100 is indeed too low I think based on what you've written that you're unintentionally eating a bit more than you think.

Based on her rate of loss, I'm not convinced of this. I think she's pretty close.
  • neeciejean3
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

This. You've lost 14 lbs in 2 months, which is actually pretty fast at this point. With 24 lb left to lose, it is going to come off slower, and it should. Set yourself up for success by having a little more patience. I know it's frustrating because you want to be the yesterday. But these are lifelong changes you are working to implement. Too many people think off the goal weight as the final point. Maintenance is the long game. I'm also 5'2" and can lose on 1700. If you're active, then eat a bit more.

Even though 1100 is indeed too low I think based on what you've written that you're unintentionally eating a bit more than you think.

Based on her rate of loss, I'm not convinced of this. I think she's pretty close.

I know patience is key. I keep telling myself its not even been 3 months yet. I guess if I hit a year and no more changes I can start complaining lol. Ok more getting frustrated im just going to keep doing what I was doing eating right and working out. Slow and steady wins the race😳
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    The less you have to lose, the longer it takes. At my heaviest (350+lbs), losing 10lbs was quick and easy. Now that I'm at 168, I'm aiming for 160 by New Year's. Just be patient and don't quit; you will get there