Options
2»

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    mkculs wrote: »
    Since no one has said it yet, I will: 1100 is too few calories for any women. The minimum is 1200 and sustained dieting under that is very unhealthy. At your weight, losing even 1.5 lbs/week is unrealistic b/c you don't have much to lose. You should adjust your expectations to losing about .5 lbs a week, and eat a healthier number of calories daily. Working out may make you feel good, but ultimately it is what you do and do not put in your mouth that matters for weight loss most of all. If you haven't read the "sticky" posts at the top of the getting started forum, and this one, start there. Good luck. It will make a difference but you are in the very slow-and steady-loss zone to achieve your goal.

This. You've lost 14 lbs in 2 months, which is actually pretty fast at this point. With 24 lb left to lose, it is going to come off slower, and it should. Set yourself up for success by having a little more patience. I know it's frustrating because you want to be the yesterday. But these are lifelong changes you are working to implement. Too many people think off the goal weight as the final point. Maintenance is the long game. I'm also 5'2" and can lose on 1700. If you're active, then eat a bit more.

Maxematics wrote: »
    mkculs wrote: »
    Since no one has said it yet, I will: 1100 is too few calories for any women. The minimum is 1200 and sustained dieting under that is very unhealthy. At your weight, losing even 1.5 lbs/week is unrealistic b/c you don't have much to lose. You should adjust your expectations to losing about .5 lbs a week, and eat a healthier number of calories daily. Working out may make you feel good, but ultimately it is what you do and do not put in your mouth that matters for weight loss most of all. If you haven't read the "sticky" posts at the top of the getting started forum, and this one, start there. Good luck. It will make a difference but you are in the very slow-and steady-loss zone to achieve your goal.

Wow you really think that's a low number of calories? I'm having a hard time just eating 1100. I guess I need to try harder on eating more( only good stuff of course) thank you!

Even though 1100 is indeed too low I think based on what you've written that you're unintentionally eating a bit more than you think.

Based on her rate of loss, I'm not convinced of this. I think she's pretty close.

I know patience is key. I keep telling myself its not even been 3 months yet. I guess if I hit a year and no more changes I can start complaining lol. Ok more getting frustrated im just going to keep doing what I was doing eating right and working out. Slow and steady wins the race😳

It really does. In 2 more months, you'll be further along than now, then 2 months after that, further along. Think of where you'd be if you got frustrated and just gave up? Heck at some points, for me when life and stress get in the way, not gaining is good.
  • neeciejean3
    neeciejean3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    What hard work are you doing? You lose weight by eating less. That's actually "not-doing".

You can lose up to 1% of your weight per week on average, if you do everything right all the time. (Nobody does that. And the "up to" is based on weight; the higher weight, the faster possible rate.) What's your height and weight and calorie target? If you're not losing weight, you're not eating in a calorie deficit.

Why do you work out like a mad woman? But you like it? Are you unhappy?

You don't lose faster by mixing things up, you lose faster by eating less, but not so little that you starve, because then you'll just eat, and regain.

If you need to lose weight, eating enough is not a real problem. The problem will always be to not eat too much.

No im not unhappy at all I just love going to the gym makes me feel good. Over all I have lost 14lbs and I started the second week in June its just at a stand still right now. When I say mix things up I mean my diet maybe cutting my carbs a bit more. I don't eat pasta or potatoes or rice. The only bread I eat once in a while are multigrain wraps. My calorie goal is 1100 in 5feet 2 in and weigh 159 my goal is 135.

Considering your stats, I'm guessing you want to lose maybe another 30 lbs or so? You should be aiming to lose @ 1 lb per week. You have actually been losing weight rather quickly, I'd say the only thing you need to change up is some impatiently unrealistic expectations. Even if you do everything perfect, it's normal to not lose weight every week, due to water weight fluctuations, digestion variables, etc. These threads might be helpful for you as well:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1

Good luck :drinker:

Ya I was aiming for 2 lbs a week and at first I was now its more like .2 or .3 I guess I should be happy with that at least its going down and not up. 24lbs to get to my goal.
  • neeciejean3
    Options
    Hang in there, neecie! Remember that progress comes in many forms besides scale loss. You can lose inches - or lift more weight - or improve your endurance - all while that scale number never moves. Focus on the positives and be patient. You will reach your goal!
    [/quote
    You are right thanks! Being patient is key that's what I really need to work on!😳
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, neecie! Remember that progress comes in many forms besides scale loss. You can lose inches - or lift more weight - or improve your endurance - all while that scale number never moves. Focus on the positives and be patient. You will reach your goal!
    You are right thanks! Being patient is key that's what I really need to work on!😳

I've been working on weight loss/better eating habits for about 18 months now. I still get impatient too. I have been maintaining a 40 lb. loss for about 8 months. Working now on the last 20. I feel good, though and I am lifting more, so there is progress in other areas.

Keep checking in here. The people here are great for support and keeping one on track when the progress is slow.

• neeciejean3
    Options

I've been working on weight loss/better eating habits for about 18 months now. I still get impatient too. I have been maintaining a 40 lb. loss for about 8 months. Working now on the last 20. I feel good, though and I am lifting more, so there is progress in other areas.

Keep checking in here. The people here are great for support and keeping one on track when the progress is slow.

Congrats on the weight loss that's great!!!! Glad your feeling good and seeing progress😀
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    What hard work are you doing? You lose weight by eating less. That's actually "not-doing".

You can lose up to 1% of your weight per week on average, if you do everything right all the time. (Nobody does that. And the "up to" is based on weight; the higher weight, the faster possible rate.) What's your height and weight and calorie target? If you're not losing weight, you're not eating in a calorie deficit.

Why do you work out like a mad woman? But you like it? Are you unhappy?

You don't lose faster by mixing things up, you lose faster by eating less, but not so little that you starve, because then you'll just eat, and regain.

If you need to lose weight, eating enough is not a real problem. The problem will always be to not eat too much.

No im not unhappy at all I just love going to the gym makes me feel good. Over all I have lost 14lbs and I started the second week in June its just at a stand still right now. When I say mix things up I mean my diet maybe cutting my carbs a bit more. I don't eat pasta or potatoes or rice. The only bread I eat once in a while are multigrain wraps. My calorie goal is 1100 in 5feet 2 in and weigh 159 my goal is 135.

Another thing to watch out for is excess sodium (if not doing keto), and with fast food, restaurant meals, processed snack foods (too much hidden sodium and fat). Even exercising too hard can stall or slow weight loss (increases hormone cortisol).

That chart sent early on the thread covers this topic well.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I wss just thinking....say when you get to 135, which is your goal. You have cut back you carbs and have eaten 1100 calories to get there. Now you are in your sweet spot....now what?
    What is the plan to stay in the sweet spot....few carbs....sacrifice...1100 calories?
    Hate to see your efforts just being the game for now and then all carb hell breaks out once you are there. Can you do what you are doing to stay there?
    By the way 14lbs is great for your losses since june and plateau's are normal!
  • neeciejean3
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    I wss just thinking....say when you get to 135, which is your goal. You have cut back you carbs and have eaten 1100 calories to get there. Now you are in your sweet spot....now what?
    What is the plan to stay in the sweet spot....few carbs....sacrifice...1100 calories?
    Hate to see your efforts just being the game for now and then all carb hell breaks out once you are there. Can you do what you are doing to stay there?

I don't want this to be a diet I want it be a life style change. And from doing all my reading and reading everyone's posts from here and other weight loss sites im on I see that it takes a while and I need to be much more patient with myself and the process.😊 im going to start having a better attitude!!!!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »

I don't want this to be a diet I want it be a life style change. And from doing all my reading and reading everyone's posts from here and other weight loss sites im on I see that it takes a while and I need to be much more patient with myself and the process.😊 im going to start having a better attitude!!!!

Congrats on being open-minded to good advice, and best of luck going forward!