No. I went to bed.
  • the9thdoctor89
    the9thdoctor89 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Awww. That's amazing.
  • babysaffy
    babysaffy Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I hope you feel better soon! Don't pressure yourself and try not to over think it. :*
  • the9thdoctor89
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    When my dd's appetite is poor I have her drink whole milk with carnation breakfast essentials powder mixed in. Sometimes it is easier to drink than to eat. At a certain point it is more important to have something in your body than worry about what you have. Sometimes if you can eat small amounts more frequently you can stimulate your appetite.

If this is an ongoing problem I think you should see a doctor.

Can't handle shakes, at all. And should see a doctor, but can't.
  • Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    hroderick wrote: »
    Sounds like an eating disorder is brewing. Sorry. I think you need professional help

This is what I'm afraid of. But, I don't know where that would have come from.

Anyone can develop an eating disorder for any reason. Some people start off wanting to lose weight and it ends up going too far. Some people lose their appetite and then get into a pattern of not eating. Maybe write down a list of foods you like, that you feel you could eat, and from them you could formulate a meal. And see your doctor. There might be underlying issues that you haven't taken into account or even recognised, and talking to someone might help.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't a long term solution, but would chugging a meal replacement drink help just to get food out of the way? There are ways to prepare your own meal replacement shake
    https://www.completefoods.co/diy/recipes?sort=favoritesCount

Suggesting meals is pointless because we don't know your preferences, and if you yourself don't know what would sound appealing, how would we? I could personally go for a lentil stuffed eggplant right now.

Are you stressed? Depressed? Anxious? Listlessness? Can you smell foods alright? Are you sick and don't know it? Are you on any medications? Sometimes it's psychological or physical, not necessarily an eating disorder, but there may be issues to work on. I would see a doctor to rule out physical causes, and then schedule for a more thorough psychological assessment.

What you're experiencing is called "anorexia", not to be confused with the eating disorder. It simply means loss of appetite for whatever reason.

I don't do shakes or smoothies of any kind. It's a texture thing. I have no sense of smell, and my sense of taste is seriously impeded. So, texture is big for me. Not sick. And, yes recently my life has kinda gone to the crap hole. Stressed, depressed, and anxious are definitely words I would use. Also, no insurance. So, the doctor is not in the budget unfortunately.

Well, this won't help you then, but might help someone else - banana, peanut butter, chocolate protein powder smoothie. For the liquid I use half coffee and half chocolate Teeccino (coffee substitute.) Carb, fat, protein, and can be lots of calories depending on how much peanut butter one adds.

I also get that you are not sick, so again this is more for someone else, but when I'm sick all I want is spicy Asian soup.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    KFC

I don't eat meat.

Are you vegan? More info would be helpful at this point.

Not vegan. Just vegetarian. And, "junk" is junk food, and anything gross like yogurt, whipped cream, jello, mousse, etc.

Get your favorite vegetarian takeout meal?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't a long term solution, but would chugging a meal replacement drink help just to get food out of the way? There are ways to prepare your own meal replacement shake

Suggesting meals is pointless because we don't know your preferences, and if you yourself don't know what would sound appealing, how would we? I could personally go for a lentil stuffed eggplant right now.

Are you stressed? Depressed? Anxious? Listlessness? Can you smell foods alright? Are you sick and don't know it? Are you on any medications? Sometimes it's psychological or physical, not necessarily an eating disorder, but there may be issues to work on. I would see a doctor to rule out physical causes, and then schedule for a more thorough psychological assessment.

What you're experiencing is called "anorexia", not to be confused with the eating disorder. It simply means loss of appetite for whatever reason.

I don't do shakes or smoothies of any kind. It's a texture thing. I have no sense of smell, and my sense of taste is seriously impeded. So, texture is big for me. Not sick. And, yes recently my life has kinda gone to the crap hole. Stressed, depressed, and anxious are definitely words I would use. Also, no insurance. So, the doctor is not in the budget unfortunately.

I get you on the texture thing my daughter is the same way certain textures of food she just cant do or she gags or throws it up if she forces it down. are there any free clinics in your area? or maybe something with a sliding fee for those without insurance and who cant afford it? there has to be something. you need to also see someone for the depression and anxiety also. depending on where you live there may be free resources for those things. being depressed can kill an appetite(my daughter has anxiety too). you have to find something though that you can tolerate and eat. too little calories or not eating at all will land you in the hospital at some point soon if this keeps up. you dont want that. find a hobby that you like to do that will hopefully get you out of your funk which may help some. get some fresh air that helps me with appetite on days I have little to none.
  • the9thdoctor89
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    KFC

I don't eat meat.

Are you vegan? More info would be helpful at this point.

Not vegan. Just vegetarian. And, "junk" is junk food, and anything gross like yogurt, whipped cream, jello, mousse, etc.

Get your favorite vegetarian takeout meal?

There's nothing good in my area. It's either salad or side dishes. 😒
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    When my dd's appetite is poor I have her drink whole milk with carnation breakfast essentials powder mixed in. Sometimes it is easier to drink than to eat. At a certain point it is more important to have something in your body than worry about what you have. Sometimes if you can eat small amounts more frequently you can stimulate your appetite.

If this is an ongoing problem I think you should see a doctor.

Can't handle shakes, at all. And should see a doctor, but can't.

It does not change the thickness or texture of the milk when the breakfast essential powder is added in the proper amount and actually dissolved. It does add calories and nutrients.
    Drink plain whole milk or juice if you absolutely can't mix anything in.

My doctor offers payment plans and finiancial assistance to those who need it. If you need to see a doctor there is probably an option in your area that will work with you. Call around and ask.

• the9thdoctor89
    Options

I get you on the texture thing my daughter is the same way certain textures of food she just cant do or she gags or throws it up if she forces it down. are there any free clinics in your area? or maybe something with a sliding fee for those without insurance and who cant afford it? there has to be something. you need to also see someone for the depression and anxiety also. depending on where you live there may be free resources for those things. being depressed can kill an appetite(my daughter has anxiety too). you have to find something though that you can tolerate and eat. too little calories or not eating at all will land you in the hospital at some point soon if this keeps up. you dont want that. find a hobby that you like to do that will hopefully get you out of your funk which may help some. get some fresh air that helps me with appetite on days I have little to none.

Glad someone understands the texture thing.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Find four or five foods that you are comfortable eating. Eat those.
  • the9thdoctor89
    edited August 2018
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Find four or five foods that you are comfortable eating. Eat those.

I mean that's good advice for the future.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You need to spend the money for a doctor. Did not be cheap with your life. Honestly. This is concerning.
  • the9thdoctor89
    Options
    You need to spend the money for a doctor. Did not be cheap with your life. Honestly. This is concerning.

Can't afford the doctor.