The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Well, next week is finals, then a term paper that I can hopefully knock out in a week (yeah, right), then hopefully a bit of a breather before Fall classes start.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Do you have plans for your breather, or just veg-ing?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Well, I keep trying to daydream that I'll be able to actually slow down a little, but the reality is that I have projects around the house that have been on the back burner for way too long, so probably not.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Back to work. It was nice having two days off. Some day I'll actually have time off on a regular basis. A guy can always dream. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    Options
    @sufferlandrian how was your Saturday ride?
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    It was fun! Made it in 7.5 hours. Not my best time but the last 20 miles it was 104 - 106 degrees. That's just over 41 degrees for you Celsius people. :smile: The smoke wasn't as bad as last year. The search and rescue folks always do a great job of putting on the ride. I was really happy that miles 83-84 were downhill. :wink:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Did like 12 hrs of work on this final, got 78%. *Katzenkinder*
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    That's a lot of work for a 78%. Is it a hard instructor?
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    That's a lot of work for a 78%. Is it a hard instructor?

It was a hard class that I didn't put enough effort onto through the semester. 😑
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Well then a 78% isn’t too bad. 😜
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Coulda been worse, but I'm gonna hafta start working harder, looks like.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    The smoke is starting to clear! Yeah! The wind shifted directions so we have smoke from smaller forest fires. We’ve gone from unhealthy to unhealthy for sensitive groups. 😊
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    I'm glad it's getting better!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Wind shifted again. We'll see what the morning brings. Winds are ripping pretty good down the lake so I hope that pushes a lot of the smoke out of the valley
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Long weekend followed by lung choking smoke. Not my best week ever. Have some part time help coming this weekend. I'll take whatever I can get.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Sorry pals, crazy busy here between smoke, fires, roots/blues music festival security duties. Hubby also has his security licence and was called up for duty overnighters. Seems like all we did was run in and out of the house at random hours dumping our stuff off, catching snatches of sleep, doing laundry, and running off to shifts again. Last night was tonight and maybe a bit of rest for me but a couple more overnighters for DH this week. Glad the ride and test went well for you both! Cheers!
    Trying to figure out where the heck we are going to take our vacation early next month. We need to escape smoke. The whole province is under a state of emergency.
  • anthony0779
    anthony0779 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Benicia Ca. Union Pacific Railroad night crew.....YOZ31R The Dirty Thirty....!!!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I knew you guys were getting a bunch of fires. Over 600 the last time I checked. We are getting smoke from BC all the way here in Montana.

Welcome Anthony! I'm guessing your not an engineer since you're on MFP. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    You guys be careful out there!

So, the days are starting to get shorter here. Soon enough I'll have to dig out all my warm fuzzy clothes and forget what the sun looks like for a couple of months. Did that sound disproportionately morose?

Also, hi Anthony! Welcome
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    We are expecting snow on Monday. Yes. You heard me right. Hopefully it will help stop some of the wild fires.