Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Options

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    snoo61 wrote: »
    aeb6551 wrote: »
    @snoo61 so sorry about your dog. Losing a pet is really hard. You are part of a huge community that understands that our pets are really our furry family members.

Thank you, it really is hard.

{{{{{{{{{ <3 SNOO <3 }}}}}}}}}}}}}
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSE2RyaxXoyMerVSSqKfayi799ddIivggAypqm3GFDomqXXvLza
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Today, in the interest of cleaning out the freezer, I'm turning 9 quarts of tomato juice into 7 quarts of spaghetti sauce.

How fabulous. I made spaghetti the other day and the kids brought home a couple of jars of sauce. One of the jars was ragu. I NEVER EVER use Ragu sauce, ever and guess what? It was some of the BEST spaghetti I ever made. Just goes to show ya, NEVER say NEVER and take y/ourself outta the "box" of never and watch what GREAT things/changes can happen!

I can only imagine how fabulous your homemade sauce is going to be. YAY you Snoo!!!!
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    59 lbs
    LOST

This is what my badge shows after updating my weight ( one week ONLY weighing). Actually, it's 58.6lbs down (from my highest 219.8) I love that my badge shows 59lbs (even though it technically is not--my update shows:
    lost 2.2 lbs since last weighing in! Newlifestyle4me's lost 58.6 lbs so far.

Utterly amazing, so so GLAD to see that LET IT GO, is the absolute right and righteous way to think and live. Just about 1 week ago, I posted about the YUCK of being "obsessed and dominated" by the scale and NOT seeing ANY movement DOWN for a couple/few weeks of getting on the scale multiple times per day, yadayadayada/etc. I REFUSED to get on that scale after my post for one week only (my weigh-in day/Friday's) and BOOM! Not only movement, but HUGE 2.2lbs down this week. Is it water? fat? blood? whatevah, it's down and I LOVE that my badge says 59lbs down. I've NEVER been this far down in all of my obese/overweight/heading towards normal BMI @ my goal is 154lbs (from there, I'll make a new goal of 140-145lbs or so), so I'm merely just 7 more pounds away.....from goal 154lbs---WOW and BOOM!

I'M CLOSE TO BEING IN THE 150'S BABY (today I'm 161.2lbs), BOOM, WOW AND OH YEAH, OOOOOH YEAH-- o:) THE ONE FIFTY'S o:) is near and dear--YAY!

Letting GO of things hindering/bothering/stagnating/depressing/holding us back/going along to get along, etc. REFUSING to be a "slave" to anything (including the scale) is EVERYTHANG, just EVERYTHANG...--Big ole Boom in just LET IT GO!

Congratulations! Your enthusiasm must have something to do with it too. Thank God its contagious!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    I've been in a funk this week, our dog died Monday and he wasn't doing well all weekend. Today was the day to make myself do something besides what I have to. I washed the outside of the dryer (it looked horrible next to the new washer). Not much, but I feel better.

My deepest sympathies to you. That is so awful. I am sending you a hug.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @IHaveMyActTogether Thanks for the vlogging video! I just watched it and remember why I feel better when wear monochromatic colors or a higher neck top.... It looks pulled together. I loved the other tips which I don’t always do. I need a big watch now!
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    Today I stayed busy cleaning up the dog's areas. I'm thinking I'll donate his bowls to the shelter. I have 10 more dog rugs/beds finished so it won't be long until I go. Its been a productive cry day.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your dog.
  • snoo61
    Options
    @RubyRed427 and @elsie6hickman thank you for your warm thoughts. He was with us for 12 years, there are reminders everywhere. He was loved.
  • IHaveMyActTogether
    IHaveMyActTogether Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    @IHaveMyActTogether Thanks for the vlogging video! I just watched it and remember why I feel better when wear monochromatic colors or a higher neck top.... It looks pulled together. I loved the other tips which I don’t always do. I need a big watch now!

Thanks RubyRed. I really enjoy Amy's style too. It mixes the classic with the subtly sexy. It won't win awards for originality, but it's a style that looks very polished and feminine, which I like.
  • RubyRed427
    edited August 2018
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »

Thanks RubyRed. I really enjoy Amy's style too. It mixes the classic with the subtly sexy. It won't win awards for originality, but it's a style that looks very polished and feminine, which I like.

The girl in the video is cute, sincere and sensible. I like her look/style too!
  • snoo61
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @RubyRed427 and @elsie6hickman thank you for your warm thoughts. He was with us for 12 years, there are reminders everywhere. He was loved.

I choose to take the"woo" as support, many people don't know Its not a good thing. I didn't for the first 6 months on MFP. Thank you for your support. :)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited August 2018
    Options

I choose to take the"woo" as support, many people don't know Its not a good thing. I didn't for the first 6 months on MFP. Thank you for your support. :)

{{{{{{{{ <3 SNOO <3 }}}}}}}}} Thanks for posting this--a LOT of people don't know/realize this. WHEN (not if...but when) we get to the place where neither praise/support/likes/applause, etc. NOR criticism, hatred, mean-spiritedness, dislikes, boos(or woos), yuck neither "move/effect/affect" us in ANY meaningful way, when we are neither impressed/pleased with "likes" nor depressed or shocked/saddened/moved by woos/boos--we'll get to the place of such power, such control and such YUM, that it aint even funny. This is one of my "goals" in this weight-loss journey/LET it go adventure and life in general. I myself am not 100% there YET, but this LET IT GO lifestyle is teaching me more and more to not give two shakes of a lambs tail about folk's praise/acceptance/support nor their rejection/criticism or naysaying--I'm LEARNING and DESIRING to be looking/considering BOTH (cheers & jeers) to be counted as ALL joy ALL the time/forever and MAKING myself take/embrace BOTH (cheers and jeers) as an opportunity to humble myself and again, be FOCUSED on/in JOY in everything, the "good, the bad and the ugly". period--because I can--I LOVE THAT!

Always remember that 9 times outta 10, the same people who praise/support you (on the internet/forums) if you were experiencing an emergency of some sort, those VERY same folk who "support" you online wouldn't give you their last dime, nor visit you in the hospital nor attend your funeral and the same goes for those who woo/boo/don't support you too. As we are learning to LET IT GO, we must (or at least should) not give a flip (invest one ounce of emotion/give our hearts to it (cheers nor jeers) at all, again, counting BOTH as the same about "likes nor woos"--just to help us be even more resolved/tough mindedness more and more in the business of LET IT GO & DON'T LOOK BACK TOO. That's how I think anyhoo. It's hard, but NOT impossible. Thinking like this helps us in the tough area of learning and living in patience and humility too. it really does.

Also Snoo, just to let you know I'm mainly talking to myself/thinking outloud and letting you listen, if you will.

That said...{{{{{{ Hugs again }}}}}}}} and here's something to chew on about being "wooed--rather a positive or negative or anything in-between "woo":
    73eb8360c9878531de307259078aa0f7--crossword-quotes-inspirational.jpg

608586.png

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSY3G0OrvTS11eHcy-HSU3RPnnewB5VhuIxhuTH9cVN_IN_jW9SIA

0d9d8884eb33bf5dadacced79f02fc4e--quotes-about-motivation-motivation-success.jpg

praise-or-criticism.jpg

dont-let-peoples-compliments-get-to-your-head-and-dont-let-their-criticism-get-your-heart-worship-quote.jpg
  • snoo61
    Options

{{{{{{{{ <3 SNOO <3 }}}}}}}}} Thanks for posting this--a LOT of people don't know/realize this.

Also Snoo, just to let you know I'm mainly talking to myself/thinking outloud and letting you listen, if you will.

[/center]

I posted this because when I found out that woo meant disagree/dislike I felt bad for having used it. Just letting people know what it is.

I'm happy to listen to your thoughts, you make some interesting connections.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!