JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Replies

• crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Hi, first time in the thread, I think it’s a wonderful idea! I lost 50lbs a few years back, which resulted in a (happy) pregnancy, which resulted in 50lbs back on! Baby is 18mo now and I’m feeling the urge to shrink again. Since I found this at 3pm my goal for the day is to just have dinner, no snacks, and get to 10k steps (small yes, but I need this to last)
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Hi, first time in the thread, I think it’s a wonderful idea! I lost 50lbs a few years back, which resulted in a (happy) pregnancy, which resulted in 50lbs back on! Baby is 18mo now and I’m feeling the urge to shrink again. Since I found this at 3pm my goal for the day is to just have dinner, no snacks, and get to 10k steps (small yes, but I need this to last)
    @crazyjerseygirl ...
    YIPPIEEEEE!!! So glad you're here with us. Here's a welcome flower🌷... Lol, hope you're not allergic.☺. Here... "small steps are giant VICTORIES! And I say to you, "YOU GO GIRL!!"
    WELCOME! WELCOME! WELCOME!👏👏👏🚶💪
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member

Congrats on the original loss, if you did it once you can do it again. Small goals are better than no goals :)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,064 Member

I always start small! Even when I mess up I just go back to basics and build up again!
  • Snowflake1968
    @bex953172 - I bought paint today to paint my bathroom and thought of you. Did you get all of your painting completed? I don't like painting, but it needs to be done I guess.
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Checking in. 1. It is obvious that any socializing and/or party sort of thing is a major foe of my progress. Four days later and I am still way up in calories. 2. I can not keep up with school field trips. Over 90 degrees and I counted walking for an hour around the zoo as exercise.
    Ok, tomorrow
    1. Don't be late for surgery.
    2. I am not to eat after midnight and have only a sip of water with my one pill.
    3. I have no other goals except survive.
    4. Be back Friday.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,064 Member
    @bex953172 - I bought paint today to paint my bathroom and thought of you. Did you get all of your painting completed? I don't like painting, but it needs to be done I guess.

Not quite all. We got all the main walls done upstairs and downstairs and we've painted all the doors and frames upstairs but not downstairs. We need another tin of paint but will be a couple of weeks until we can buy another tin.

However you remember how I said we bought more expensive paint?
    Well it's awesome. One of the walls looked proper grubby (already I know) from where one of them (most likely marley) had messy hands, and it just wiped off so easily. And didn't take any of the paint with it!
    Money well spent lol!
  • Snowflake1968
    Checking in. 1. It is obvious that any socializing and/or party sort of thing is a major foe of my progress. Four days later and I am still way up in calories. 2. I can not keep up with school field trips. Over 90 degrees and I counted walking for an hour around the zoo as exercise.
    Ok, tomorrow
    2. I am not to eat after midnight and have only a sip of water with my one pill.
    4. Be back Friday.

Good luck with the surgery. I would count the walk around the zoo as exercise too.
  • Snowflake1968
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Not quite all. We got all the main walls done upstairs and downstairs and we've painted all the doors and frames upstairs but not downstairs. We need another tin of paint but will be a couple of weeks until we can buy another tin.

However you remember how I said we bought more expensive paint?
    Well it's awesome. One of the walls looked proper grubby (already I know) from where one of them (most likely marley) had messy hands, and it just wiped off so easily. And didn't take any of the paint with it!
    Money well spent lol!

Oh that is money well spent! I am not doing the trims in my bathroom. The walls don't really need it, my hubby just doesn't like the colour since we put new flooring down. So I'll appease him.
  • Snowflake1968
    edited August 2018
    August has been my worse month for walking since I started in April. The smoke and weather really did a number on me. I did do a few Leslie Sansone walks that don't register on here, but not that many.

April - 24.96 Miles
    May - 50.65 Miles
    June - 28.74 Miles
    July - 44.68 Miles
    August - 17.21 Miles

I need to get back with the program in September!

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    I have to share this feel good moment with everyone. It is Lauryn's facebook post today.

When the kids were getting me out of bed this morning, we were talking about what we were going to do today.
    J: have breakfast, and.... wait what day is it?
    Me: Wednesday
    J: so we're going to Grammie's house
    Me: yup.
    Mick: Mimi house?!
    Me: after lunch, and after nap time
    Mick: no! Had big sleep!
    Me: you had a big sleep, so you don't need a nap?
    Mick: yup no nap. Go Mimi house.

I commented on it and said tell Michaela she needs to have a nap so she isn't grouchy when she visits. Lauryn told her and her response was: yeah Mimi best friend.

My heart grew today and my eyes welled up!

That’s so precious! I hope you guys had fun together :)
  • clicketykeys
    Ok, tomorrow
    4. Be back Friday.

We will be thinking of you! Take care of yourself, but check in when you can.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    My goal for today was eating out at a Asian Restaurant. I think I did okay, but I keep tasting salt. I had to skip my workout that I had planned because my blood pressure was so low.

Goal for Thursday: water, stay on track with my food (under 1200) and get 30 minutes of exercise. And to face the day with gratitude for all of my blessings. Be a ray of light for someone that I encounter - sometimes all it takes is a smile.
  • clicketykeys
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. AM basic run: 16 laps, aim for <35 min. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Revise assessments according to standards list. Make coffee. Parent calls for no prior contact AND for students with INCs! Re-run PRs for class 4; hand out class 3 and class 4 PRs. Discussion response. Create character designs? (Make part of character assignment) Request K's help. Input grades for reflections 9-12.
    3. Theme lesson. Theme practice. Headbandz.
    4. Act 1 summary; Read Act 2 with class 4. 4 important events.
    5. Work on seminar proposal. Blog post: Preparing for Presentations.
    6. Update class websites. Have K use key to mark grammar work. What to do about 5PE mini-unit? Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why?
    7. Strength 4:30. Quiz; draft essay. LAUNDRY.
    8. Prep Thu lunch. Chop celery. Keep count of saag portions. Meds. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Thursday
    1. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Request K's help. Input reflections 13-15 and print PRs. Finalize Week 6.
    3. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Revise assessments according to standards list. Make coffee. Parent calls for no prior contact AND for students with INCs! 5PE mini-unit? Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    4. Class 2-3 - Review SG for Act 2. Headbandz. Act 3 work? Discuss worksheet Theme 4. Vocab work.
    5. Class 4 - Prepositions practice. 4 important events from Act 2; create summary. Read Act 3? Create character designs? (Make part of character assignment)
    6. Work on seminar proposal. Blog post: Preparing for Presentations.
    7. Update class websites. Have K use key to mark grammar work.
    8. Zumba 5:30. QUIZ. DRAFT ESSAY. LAUNDRY.
    9. Prep Wed lunch. Chop celery. Keep count of saag portions. Meds. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    Today: 189.2

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Check blogroll and follow bloggers on Twitter.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
    5. Check on conference; create seminar proposal.
    6. Return mascara to Walmart with receipt. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Check rates online for student loans to pay for masters classes.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
    11. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
  • maryrobinson40
    Ok, tomorrow
    4. Be back Friday.

Praying for you @josephinebowman 🙏💝💝💝💝💝💝💝🌹
  • maryrobinson40
    My goal for today was eating out at a Asian Restaurant. I think I did okay, but I keep tasting salt. I had to skip my workout that I had planned because my blood pressure was so low.

Goal for Thursday: water, stay on track with my food (under 1200) and get 30 minutes of exercise. And to face the day with gratitude for all of my blessings. Be a ray of light for someone that I encounter - sometimes all it takes is a smile.
    Hug! Hug! Hug!!! I love you Sis. Proud of you.💖💖💖🌹
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Ok, tomorrow
    4. Be back Friday.

Good luck! You'll be back here before you know it. 😃
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Welcome back everyone! So many things to respond to-
    @Faebert Thinking of you and your sister. Hope you have better news soon. I can completely understand your worries, just focus on taking care of you.
    @maryrobinson40 WELCOME BACK! We missed you soul sister! So sorry for your loss, please know we're here for you.
    @AJB1014 Love the post! So very fitting. Always fulfilling to hear the lessons I'm learning resonate with others.
    @crazyjerseygirl WELCOME!

Today I made a new fajitas recipe and it turned out pretty great! Added some sweet corn I picked up at a street stand, and opted out on cheese/guac. Here it is if anyone's interested:
    https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/flavorful-chicken-fajitas/
    Also decided I'm adding a daily gratitude goal. Since I like to check in in the evenings, I think it will be fitting to look back on my day and pick a moment for appreciation.

For today:
    Figure out how to order a PSL that's a bit leaner ✅-skim milk, no whip, only 2 pumps of pumpkin. still delicious
    30 minutes exercise ✅ weather was gorgeous!
    Track food and exercise ✅
    5 good groups ✅
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Gratitude: today I am thankful for strong leg muscles that allowed me to walk 3 miles at a pretty brisk pace
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    5 good groups
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Daily gratitude
    Post here for accountability