Less Alcohol - August 2018 - One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• lililomo
    lililomo Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, I’m on day 36 AF out of a lifetime ahead of sobriety. :) I’ve accepted that this is my new lifestyle. After about day 30, I got over the depression and anxiety that my brain was experiencing.

For anyone trying to moderate, I had good success passing a rule for myself: no drinking during the week and only on weekends. That kind of helped me establish a new routine and I worked out after work instead. I did this back in the winter. It worked better for me than saying I’ll only drink 1-2 drinks per night. Once that bottle of wine was opened, I always wanted more than 2. But that’s my whole problem to begin with.

Other than that, I wish you well on your moderation journey. Xo Also, for anyone new to this thread, check out the very first page for excellent resources to suit whichever goals you have.

such great news that the depression has lifted. i'm in a place where i know there's triggers which cause my inflammation - alcohol definitely being one of them. also winter is coming *sigh* and i get into a state emotionally with that. with the goals i want to accomplish - moderating for me is imperative. kudos to you @RubyRed427 , and to everyone else!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    lililomo wrote: »
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, I’m on day 36 AF out of a lifetime ahead of sobriety. :) I’ve accepted that this is my new lifestyle. After about day 30, I got over the depression and anxiety that my brain was experiencing.

For anyone trying to moderate, I had good success passing a rule for myself: no drinking during the week and only on weekends. That kind of helped me establish a new routine and I worked out after work instead. I did this back in the winter. It worked better for me than saying I’ll only drink 1-2 drinks per night. Once that bottle of wine was opened, I always wanted more than 2. But that’s my whole problem to begin with.

Other than that, I wish you well on your moderation journey. Xo Also, for anyone new to this thread, check out the very first page for excellent resources to suit whichever goals you have.

such great news that the depression has lifted. i'm in a place where i know there's triggers which cause my inflammation - alcohol definitely being one of them. also winter is coming *sigh* and i get into a state emotionally with that. with the goals i want to accomplish - moderating for me is imperative. kudos to you @RubyRed427 , and to everyone else!

Yes, you’re right- alcohol causes inflammation along with certain foods. I forgot about that. Sounds like you’re doing well too! During wintertime, I up my vitamin D by taking cod liver oil vitamin pills. A brain expert I heard speak once said, in certain areas that have lots of cloudy weather, you don’t just need Vitamin D supplement you need something even better; she said cod liver oil is better. Love your new picture! You’re a beauty.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    Kind of a bummer to see that this thread has basically stopped ... I see the other thread has taken all the people away, which I understand for them. But it’s a shame this has gone this way.

Hey erikNJ we are still here! Why leave now? 8 months into 2018 and we are all doing great. Congrats on your two victories recently! Every one of them is a win win win.

My small victory is once again only consuming per month the amount I USED to consume per week.

Everyone, let's bring August to an end with LESS ALCOHOL in our own winning way.
  • MissMay
    Options
    Bright muggy sticky Wednesday. d4knr4i15b8c.jpg
  • suibhan6
    suibhan6 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi there, new here. Cutting back, but not so easy in the hot weather! (At least for me.) I know things are better when I DO cut back! I love autumn so that will be the big impetus here! I'll be outdoors more, and active that way.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    BuffMom84 wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I joined these threads earlier this year because I intended on drastically cutting down on my drinking. Overall this year, I'm happy to say that I drank way less this year than last. I had a few weeks here and there where I drank more, but overall I'm sticking to my goal of drinking only once a week. Looking forward to joining the September thread!

Well done, you!! @BuffMom84

That's a good boundary to set - once a week. I like it.
  • USCBMOM22
    USCBMOM22 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    BuffMom84 wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I joined these threads earlier this year because I intended on drastically cutting down on my drinking. Overall this year, I'm happy to say that I drank way less this year than last. I had a few weeks here and there where I drank more, but overall I'm sticking to my goal of drinking only once a week. Looking forward to joining the September thread!

Well done, you!! @BuffMom84

That's a good boundary to set - once a week. I like it.

I love this!! Once a week sounds like a great plan. I just need to make sure I don't try to make up for the entire week on that one day :#
  • MissMay
    Options

USCBMOM22 wrote: »

I love this!! Once a week sounds like a great plan. I just need to make sure I don't try to make up for the entire week on that one day :#

Good point none of us needs to hear that little voice in the back of our head that attempts to convince us that JUST ONE MORE WON'T HURT. I truly hate that voice

• MissMay
    Options
    Good morning (or evening).
    Getting close to another holiday weekend. Do not stress over wondering if you may consume to much.
    Think it through.
    Be stronger than your weakness.
  • USCBMOM22
    USCBMOM22 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    MissMay wrote: »
    Good morning (or evening).
    Getting close to another holiday weekend. Do not stress over wondering if you may consume to much.
    Think it through.
    Be stronger than your weakness.

Agreed. Set goals for yourself. But if things do not go as planned, do not beat yourself up either. The next day is there for a new start.

We are spending the weekend at the beach with some friends. This will be a challenge for me, but I have put plans in place to stay on track. With food and with beverages. Luckily, this group is not a bunch of drinkers. That is half the battle for me in a social setting.
  • MissMay
    Options
    USCBMOM22 wrote: That is half the battle for me in a social setting.

I hear ya on this. I never drink by myself. I have gotten WAY BETTER at refusing, or ordering a non alcoholic or just having one. But yeah....people at social events naturally assume you will be drinking.

The great news is, Sept 1st falls on Saturday. That is a bonus for those wanting to cut back and to begin on the first day of the month during a holiday weekend to boot.

Happy to still be here and to be starting my 9th month of a serious conscious moderation voyage.

• MissMay
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Friday words of wisdom:
    LESS IS MORE, ONLY WHEN MORE IS TOO MUCH.