JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    As this night draws to a close, and I'm readying myself for bed... I'm filled with happiness because of ALL of you. It feels great to be loved... It's my hope t
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    As I was saying before my finger got lazy and clicked the POST , ...LMBO...
    I was in the moment being so sincere about what I was typing...It's my hope that I can add to each of your days, and perhaps even share something that will help you, soothe you, encourage, and yes even tickle you into a frenzy.

Ok, I know I'm no Carol Burnette, or Lucille Ball, but I try to keep a sense of "humans" about me. πŸ‘ˆπŸ˜±πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Any who... Thank you all for a wonderful day.πŸ’–πŸ’– GOOD NIGHT ALL😴
    OH YEAH... I LOVE YOU..
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I'm trying to catch up on so many posts tonite... if I don't post in the evenings, my days get away from me. Mornings are impossible! But I have to say how much I love this group!! Mary put it the best ... we are like sisters! The most caring, supportive, loving group of people!! Love you all!

@maryrobinson40 --- you were SO SO missed!! Your posts are always so uplifting .,... we are so lucky to have you part of this wonderful, awesome group of online friends! I am also so very sorry to hear of your brothers passing ... hugs to you my friend <3 Having lost 4 siblings, I know how hard it is. Take good care of yourself. And a huge welcome back!!!

@Bex953172 -- I am still here! No, you have to behave, because I AM watching you LOL!!! I have just been super busy, plus we are having work done on our driveway. And today the guy hits the main gas line!! I about freaked out. My husbands parents had that happen to them years ago ... and their house literally blew up with an explosion, and his dad was in the burn unit for 6 months! So needless to say, gas scares both of us!! The line was marked, but the guy still hit it! So we had the police out here, 2 fire trucks while waiting for the gas company to come out. Its 9pm, and they said they fixed it, but we can both still smell gas! Hubby thinks its just still in the air, and doesn't want to call them. SO I just hope out house does not blow up!!!!

And I do have a chuckle everytime you mention your little girls fighting! Don't you just love little sibling rivalry!! I miss that (well, no, not really!LOL!))) But enjoy them ... no matter what. They will be grown up before you know it!

@clicketykeys -- I have been so tired also! I think this 100 degree weather gets to a person! Luckly today we had a cooler day (in the upper 80s). I have not been out for a nite time walk, and I think thats what I miss the most. Anyhow, hope you are feeling better!

@slittlemeister -- OMG I hope you are feeling better! Food poisoning is awful !

@cesse47 - I know when I "volume eat" ... meaning tons of veggies and fruits, I don't have the cravings nearly as bad. Thank you for that reminder!

@cschmitz110515 - you are doing great on the august challenge! I was doing OK until this last week... forgot to even post how I was doing.

@josephinebowman - walking around the zoo for a hour in 90 degree weather should count as 2 hrs!! Great job!

@Snowflake1968 - wow, you did great with your walking! Isn't it fun to see how the miles accumulate! I also miss walking, and can't wait for some cooler weather!

@jeschepp - thanks for the recipe link!! I love Taste Of Home recipes -- I will have to try this one!

@crazyjerseygirl -- welcome!! You will love this thread!
  • mytime6630
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Another crazy day today ... both work wise, and excitement around here. Having a main gas line get hit by workers ... police cars here, 2 firetrucks, finally the gas company. All the while, we can hear the gas sizzling out of the line..... I stayed as far down the street as I could. Hubby goes inside the house to grab a laptop computer that has our family pictures incase the house blows up!!! But .. hopefully all is repaired, and tomorrow the workers can get back to work and finish thier job.

I've been eating horribly .... not drinking water, not walking, mindless eating. So I've got to get back on track.
    I purposedly am not weighing myself this month, because I tend to get very discouraged. So for most of the month, I have been doing much better in the evenings, so I am really hoping on saturday when I weigh myself I will be down ... even just 1 pound please!!!

So my goals for tomorrow are again, back to the basics:
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. mindful eating
    4. go out for a walk
    5. only 1 planned snack in the evening ... then close the kitchen
    6. get back on here tomorrow nite and post!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    As this night draws to a close, and I'm readying myself for bed... I'm filled with happiness because of ALL of you. It feels great to be loved... It's my hope t

You are so loved Mary! And you always give so much in return to everyone here <3
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: Β»
    (((((all))))) We all seem to be having our struggles right now. I just wanted to make sure that you all know that each and every one of you is important to me. When I get 5 minutes to come on here I so look forward to checking in on all of you and send all my love.

@bcTRAI ...πŸ’– GOOD MORNING! HUGS and overflowing love for you🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷you are important to me.
    Hope you have a wonderful day!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Options
    Morning all!
    I think I did okay yesterday? Lol I can't remember!
    Pretty tired today, I haven't exactly posted goals for a couple of days but I was following the same kind of ones I've been regularly posting.
    The water is going well! I have 2 with my tablets which I have to have first thing without caffeine containing drinks and food, an half hour after that I can have a cup of tea and that's 3 there just for breakfast!
    2 more at lunch. My trick is to eat my lunch with no drink so I *need* one to wash it down LOL! And then there's only 3 cups left and that's much less daunting than 8!

The only downside is the water infection I have! Constantly need to pee. It seems to be improving now. But it keeps making me wake in the middle of the night for a wee and it's highly annoying because I've never had to do that lol

Anyway not posting goals now but I'll just do a Recap later of what I'm doing today
  • Sunnyme333
    Sunnyme333 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Today is the start of a new year - 2018!! And that also means a fresh start -- JUST FOR TODAY. ONE DAY AT A TIME!

It takes at least 21 days to develop a new habit, so this thread is for us to learn and develop new habits, for a healthier lifestyle. Not just food wise - but our entire well being. It is a thread of encouragement and motivation. Because, at least for me, reading goals that others make gives me ideas to improve my own life. And getting back on here, and being accountable each day, keeps us going, day after day. Even if we do not accomplish the goals we had set -- the key is to keep coming back -- keep trying -- not giving up!

If we can set goals for ourselves for JUST ONE DAY, maybe that one day will lead to another day, an entire week, an entire month, and this will help us to develop better habits for life, taking this one day at a time. Your goals can be as few as just one goal, or many goals for the day.

Each day I am going to post what I would like to accomplish. While I post my "Just for today" list, I am also going to post how I did the day before, so I am accountable to you guys as well.

I am always so encouraged reading others goals, and together, we can all reach our goals for 2018 and beyond. I started this thread originally 2 years ago, and it has helped me so much. I have met the most wonderful online friends - and this year, I hope to reach my ultimate goal weight. I hope to keep doing this, each year - even into maintenance.

Anyone can join - and we would love to have you! This is not a "group", so we welcome anyone who wants to improve their life, and reach their goals. We all know how hard it is to change habits - that's why I love this group of friends.

To bookmark this new thread and help you find it each day, just click on the little yellow star. That bookmarks it, so you can find it easy. When you go to post again, to the right at the top of your page is a bell, a star, and a little flower. Click on the star, and it will show your book marked threads.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday August 29
    2L of Water - :)
    Calories in Green by 150 - :) 148 I'm saying it's close enough
    Outside 15 Minutes - :/
    Only 1 Evening Snack - :)
    Walk if weather permits - It doesn't look promising - :'( Raining when the kids left
    Write in Journal -Forgot
    Yoga or Pilates - :( I really need to clean the craft room so I feel motivated to go back in there

JFT - Thursday August 30
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Walk if weather permits
    Write in Journal
    Craftroom

I am off to be a model for Kaitlyn's perm exam today. It's been close to 25 years since I have had a perm! She promises that she will just accentuate the curls I naturally have and will use a mild solution so it washes out within a month or so.

Such a great evening last night with the Grands, Jonah is still not feeling 100% from his stomach bug but Michaela is raring to go. She held my hand for most of the time she ate her supper, then she just loved and cuddled on me. What a great way to spend an evening!

I took the day off work, so once I am done with Kaitlyn I think I'll come home and clean the craft room!
  • Sunnyme333
    Options

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    Another crazy day today ... both work wise, and excitement around here. Having a main gas line get hit by workers ... police cars here, 2 firetrucks, finally the gas company. All the while, we can hear the gas sizzling out of the line..... I stayed as far down the street as I could. Hubby goes inside the house to grab a laptop computer that has our family pictures incase the house blows up!!! But .. hopefully all is repaired, and tomorrow the workers can get back to work and finish thier job.

I've been eating horribly .... not drinking water, not walking, mindless eating. So I've got to get back on track.
    I purposedly am not weighing myself this month, because I tend to get very discouraged. So for most of the month, I have been doing much better in the evenings, so I am really hoping on saturday when I weigh myself I will be down ... even just 1 pound please!!!

So my goals for tomorrow are again, back to the basics:
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. mindful eating
    4. go out for a walk
    5. only 1 planned snack in the evening ... then close the kitchen
    6. get back on here tomorrow nite and post!

That must have been a scary situation!

One day at a time! You've got this!
  • Sunnyme333
    Options

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,474 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Recap W 8/29
    1) Walked dog before work in light mist / 3.66 mi 1:02:08 / stretched (little) = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 16,707 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) & 41 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green / > 12c water = Snacked a bit after work & before supper, so adjusted portions & food for supper (demonstrating flexibility in my plans :wink: ); also snacked a little after supper (unplanned) but fit into net calories. Red 13 net calories ~ I'll take it! Sodium -345, sugar -12, fiber excellent, protein good & 14c water. :smiley:
    4) To-do's: register for Jingle Bell 5K (rates go up Sat.) :smiley: / review Frontier catalog (orders due Th) :smiley: / pay Book Man for order :smiley: / call mom & dad <3 as I suspected they went to bed early during power outage after severe storms the night before, everyone was safe & sound :D / sort laundry for Th a.m. :smiley: / put up clothes line :smiley: / wash towels :p forgot to start early so ended a little late ~ remember this next time! / drain rain barrel :smiley: / other? programmed GPS for wedding reception, boiled eggs, put away clean dishes, made bank transfer, PM'd TP, watered houseplants :smiley:
    5) UNPLUG 9:00 :( really need to work on this! / FLOSS :smiley: / RETAINERS :smiley: / BED & TV OFF 10:15 :| 10:35 (laundry & walk dog before work Th)

JFT Th 8/30
    1) Walked dog before work ~ gorgeous morning! 3.27 mi 57:51 ~ a little short so I could do #2 below = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Washed / hung 2 loads laundry outside before work / take down after work before leaving (see #3 below)
    3) Usual breakfast, lunch & snacks prelogged / 10-12c water / tonight is another "Taste" event filled with food & adult beverage samples ~ this time downtown in 2 block area with 2 music stages ~ attending w/ friend(s) (not sure who's showing up) ~ will enjoy whatever samples I decide to try / not logging anything tonight (how could I?) + no regrets! Month end weigh in will be skewed + who cares?
    4) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work ~ tomorrow is last day of workplace step challenge that started in April!
    5) Floss / retainers / bed & TV off 11:00 (walk dog before work F)

Evening Snack Challenge ~ my goal to not snack past 9 p.m.
    1. Peanut M&Ms (wanted something sweet) when got home at 9pm
    2. 1 chocolate power muffin before 8:30
    3. 1/4c chicken salad after 9:00 (emotional eating) :s
    4. Peanut M&Ms 9pm
    5. Nothing after supper :star:
    6. Nothing after Feast w/ the Beasts ended at 8pm :p
    7. Late supper after spa/massage appt. & nothing after 8pm :smile:
    8. Nothing after supper :star:
    9. Brookside pomegranate dark chocolate at 8:30 (down in dumps) :s
    10. Animal crackers after 9pm :s
    11. Late supper after balloon ascension/glow followed by ice cream w/ hubby when we got home 9:30 :#
    12. Supper over at 8pm & had few peanut M&Ms later (not sure of time) :/
    13. 9 plain M&Ms after supper (counted three each red, white, blue) BEFORE 9 :smile:
    14. Unplanned frozen strawberry bar (80 cal) at 8pm, after supper & roses/garden work :smile:
    15. 3 animal crackers after 9pm & busy w/ household chores :p
    16. 10 peanut M&Ms after 9pm :s
    17. Brookside pomegranate dark chocolate after all chores done / past 9pm :s
    18. Napped in evening after family left, then had plain M&Ms after 9pm :s
    19. Nothing after supper :star: finally!
    20. Nothing after supper :star:
    21. Still hungry after supper & snacked on cashews (before 9pm) :#
    22. 4 animal crackers after happy hour at 6:45pm
    23. Very proud of myself ~ wanted to snack after supper in the worst way and did not! :star:
    24. Huge fail ~ snacked on veggie straws (too many!) after 9pm >:)
    25. Nothing after supper ~ I seem to alternate nothing w/ splurge :D
    26. 3 peanut M&Ms after 9pm :p
    27. Popcorn snack after work before supper but nothing after :D
    28. Nothing after supper :star:
    29. 8 pieces (1/2 portion) Brookside pomegranate dark chocolate at 8:30 ~ just really wanted taste of chocolate!
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    New here. Looking for ways to stop EE
    Emotional Eating. I got on top of it before so I just know I can do it again

Goals for today
    plan my food
    light cleaning
    pick up mom from hospital
    step on scale
    meditation for stress
    take a walk on beach

@Sunnyme333 ...πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŒΉπŸŒΉπŸŒΉπŸŒΉπŸŒΉπŸŒΉπŸŒΉπŸŒΉπŸŒΉπŸŒΉπŸŒΉπŸŒΉ
    WELCOME! WELCOME! WELCOME! Happy you chose us to share your journey... Yes You Can!!! You're important, valuable, beautiful, and I care!!!
    Every step you take, every task attempted is a VICTORY!!! I'm thankful and so proud of you... Breathe... Ahhhhhhh... πŸ’
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Today’s goals:
    Avoid Work food (it is plentiful)
    No snacks after dinner
    10K steps at least
    Regular milk instead of 50/50 in my coffee.

And boy, will there be coffee!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday Recap
    1. Eat lunch packed :)
    2. Lots of water >:) Leg cramps are returning, need more water!
    3. Log all food :)
    4. Be kind :)
    5. Unpack some boxes :) Only two - but its something!
    6. Meds AM and PM :)
    7. Cook dinner at home >:) So so so hot - Grabbed a cheeseburger plate from grocery store. $3 for burger and fries! at 750 cals I'll take it!

JFT Thursday
    1. Eat packed lunch
    2. Log all food
    3. Lots of water
    4. Meds AM and PM
    5. Cook dinner at home
    6. Shower and dry hair before bed