JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    Sunnyme333 wrote: »
    New here. Looking for ways to stop EE
    Emotional Eating. I got on top of it before so I just know I can do it again

Goals for today
    plan my food
    light cleaning
    pick up mom from hospital
    step on scale
    meditation for stress
    take a walk on beach

Welcome! Believe me, you are not alone in EE .... something I struggle with all the time. That's why the "one day at a time" is so important! You've done it once before ... I know you can do it again! We are happy to have you join us on this thread!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Today is going bad. Really bad. And there is just not enough coffee in the world.
    Can't wait for today to be over

<3<3 Forget the coffee .... do you have some wine ;) !! Only kidding! With 3 little ones, no wine just yet! But I do hope your day is going better! Hugs
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Hugs @Bex953172 . Am on here now because I’m struggling. Feel like the Very Hungry Caterpillar and eating loads of cucumber, tomato, blueberries etc to try and stave things off. 8 coffees down too...

No advice - just sympathy! :s

Hope your day also gets better! Some days are just like that ... not enough food, and always still hungry. Remember the water .... You are doing great. ..... don't let one day ruin it! Hugs
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Hugs @Bex953172 . Am on here now because I’m struggling. Feel like the Very Hungry Caterpillar and eating loads of cucumber, tomato, blueberries etc to try and stave things off. 8 coffees down too...

No advice - just sympathy! :s

Hope your day also gets better! Some days are just like that ... not enough food, and always still hungry. Remember the water .... You are doing great. ..... don't let one day ruin it! Hugs

Thanks for the water reminder! Am happily well within range as my constant nibbling has been mainly low cal veggies! Just about made it to dinner now. Phew! X
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Today’s goals:
    Avoid Work food (it is plentiful)
    No snacks after dinner
    10K steps at least
    Regular milk instead of 50/50 in my coffee.

And boy, will there be coffee!

I totally hear you about work food! I didn’t realize until I started eating healthy, but there are desserts brought in most days! In this support group we recommend punching or ninja kicking any work food that tempts you 😂
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,071 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Haha I much prefer my rum!
    Rum o clock!

It's my eldest daughter that's been the problem today, FULL of attitude and back chat, and basically bullying her sister all day. They've been separated all day, she said she wanted to go back in the lounge and she would be good, as soon as she got in there she snatched Marleys toys and shouted at her. So I lost it then.
    Then I shouted, big time.
    Soon listened then and she went back to her room to play.

Worn thin today.

Not logged a thing!

She starts school next Wednesday and I can't wait. Is that bad?
    I always thought children's first day of school was where parents are crying about how their "babies all grown up"
    Instead I feel like popping champagne haha.
    Although I'm anxious for her. And how she will feel when there so I guess I'm not totally heartless.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,733 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    I'm trying to catch up on so many posts tonite... if I don't post in the evenings, my days get away from me. Mornings are impossible! But I have to say how much I love this group!! Mary put it the best ... we are like sisters! The most caring, supportive, loving group of people!! Love you all!

@maryrobinson40 --- you were SO SO missed!! Your posts are always so uplifting .,... we are so lucky to have you part of this wonderful, awesome group of online friends! I am also so very sorry to hear of your brothers passing ... hugs to you my friend <3 Having lost 4 siblings, I know how hard it is. Take good care of yourself. And a huge welcome back!!!

@Bex953172 -- I am still here! No, you have to behave, because I AM watching you LOL!!! I have just been super busy, plus we are having work done on our driveway. And today the guy hits the main gas line!! I about freaked out. My husbands parents had that happen to them years ago ... and their house literally blew up with an explosion, and his dad was in the burn unit for 6 months! So needless to say, gas scares both of us!! The line was marked, but the guy still hit it! So we had the police out here, 2 fire trucks while waiting for the gas company to come out. Its 9pm, and they said they fixed it, but we can both still smell gas! Hubby thinks its just still in the air, and doesn't want to call them. SO I just hope out house does not blow up!!!!

And I do have a chuckle everytime you mention your little girls fighting! Don't you just love little sibling rivalry!! I miss that (well, no, not really!LOL!))) But enjoy them ... no matter what. They will be grown up before you know it!

@clicketykeys -- I have been so tired also! I think this 100 degree weather gets to a person! Luckly today we had a cooler day (in the upper 80s). I have not been out for a nite time walk, and I think thats what I miss the most. Anyhow, hope you are feeling better!

@slittlemeister -- OMG I hope you are feeling better! Food poisoning is awful !

@cesse47 - I know when I "volume eat" ... meaning tons of veggies and fruits, I don't have the cravings nearly as bad. Thank you for that reminder!

@cschmitz110515 - you are doing great on the august challenge! I was doing OK until this last week... forgot to even post how I was doing.

@josephinebowman - walking around the zoo for a hour in 90 degree weather should count as 2 hrs!! Great job!

@Snowflake1968 - wow, you did great with your walking! Isn't it fun to see how the miles accumulate! I also miss walking, and can't wait for some cooler weather!

@jeschepp - thanks for the recipe link!! I love Taste Of Home recipes -- I will have to try this one!

@crazyjerseygirl -- welcome!! You will love this thread!

It really is fun, I was a bit discouraged about the little I walked in August last night and my husband said, since April you have averaged 33 miles/month, considering you did nothing before that's great. It's all a matter of perspective sometimes
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Haha I much prefer my rum!
    Rum o clock!

It's my eldest daughter that's been the problem today, FULL of attitude and back chat, and basically bullying her sister all day. They've been separated all day, she said she wanted to go back in the lounge and she would be good, as soon as she got in there she snatched Marleys toys and shouted at her. So I lost it then.
    Then I shouted, big time.
    Soon listened then and she went back to her room to play.

Worn thin today.

Not logged a thing!

She starts school next Wednesday and I can't wait. Is that bad?
    I always thought children's first day of school was where parents are crying about how their "babies all grown up"
    Instead I feel like popping champagne haha.
    Although I'm anxious for her. And how she will feel when there so I guess I'm not totally heartless.

LOL I was sad when my girls started school because I knew that I no longer had the major influence on their little minds and I am not a fan of kids from age 8-12 or so. I find them snotty little know it all's. Like you though I was so looking forward to some peace and alone time! I didn't ever get it. The year Lauryn started kindergarten, I went back to school. When Kaitlyn started I was babysitting other kids too.... Hmmm come to think of it I still don't get to do what I want with my days, maybe when I retire.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    5k6jpbzaa8an.jpeg
    My hair after the perm.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Request K's help. Input reflections 13-15 and print PRs. Finalize Week 6.
    3. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Revise assessments according to standards list. Make coffee.
    4. Class 2-3 - Review SG for Act 2. Discuss worksheet Theme 4. Vocab work. Act 3 work. Headbandz. Lunch: Parent calls for no prior contact AND for students with INCs!
    5. Class 4 - POS cards: verb phrase or linking verb? Hand papers back. Hand out PRs. 4 important events from Act 2; create summary (do this in groups). Plural nouns review? Read Act 3. Reflection. 4 important events?
    6. Work on seminar proposal. Blog post: Preparing for Presentations.
    7. Update class websites. Have K use key to mark grammar work. Prep Act 4-5 study guide.
    8. Zumba 5:30. Dinner: fish or shrimp. QUIZ. DRAFT ESSAY. LAUNDRY.
    9. Prep Fri lunch. Chop celery. Keep count of saag portions. Meds. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Friday
    1. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Input reflections 16-17. Finalize Week 6. Copy Socratic papers. Contact guidance about KW; low grades / attention issues. Print Weeks 6-8 to check. Revise Act 4-5 study guide.
    3. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Revise assessments according to standards list. Make coffee.
    4. Class 2-3 - Review SG for Act 3. Socratic seminar. Act 4-5 work; anything NOT done completed as homework. Lunch: Parent calls for no prior contact AND for students with INCs!
    5. Class 4 - Plural nouns practice. Reflection. 4 important events from Act 3; create summary. Read Act 4? Create character designs? (Make part of character assignment)
    6. Work on seminar proposal. Blog post: Preparing for Presentations.
    7. Update class websites. Have K use key to mark grammar work.
    8. Groceries. Library. QUIZ. Finish essay if possible.
    9. Prep Sat lunch/dinner. Chop celery. Keep count of saag portions. Meds. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    Today: 188.2

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Check blogroll and follow bloggers on Twitter.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
    5. Check on conference; create seminar proposal.
    6. Return mascara to Walmart with receipt. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Check rates online for student loans to pay for masters classes.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
    11. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    12. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
  • Faebert
    Options
    We just received a call that they think my wonderful MIL is having a heart attack. If it is it will be her second in 2 years. Being so far away at times like this is excruciating.

Oh @snowflake1968 I’m so sorry! You must feel really helpless - how far away are you from her? I will be hoping for better news for you today. Let us know how things are.

Hugs x
  • Faebert
    Options
    Great job on the goals @crazyjerseygirl!
    @clicketykeys - as ever, just in awe that you can even write your to-do lists, let alone action any of them!
    @Bex953172 - it is absolutely NOT bad that you can’t wait for school to start. Most mums who are honest and not being annoyingly perfect on insta or Facebook would say the same. I’m so ready for the kids to go back to school! Shame that means I also have to go back to work ;)

Had a very good day in the end yesterday. Didn’t achieve all my goals but considering how hungry I was and how many of my ‘triggers’ I had, I think it’s a huge win that I stayed on track!

Today may be another challenge - my older daughter is going to a kids cookery class today with her friends. My little one is a bit jealous so I’ve said we will do a Mummy cookery class at home instead. She’s picked what she wants to learn to cook. So I will be tempted with homemade bread, mac and cheese, vanilla cookies, lemon loaf cake and Victoria sponge cake.... The cakes are for my niece’s birthday tomorrow so at least I can’t touch them. But, homemade fresh bread, warm from the oven :#

Thursday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Collect girls from their grandmother ✅
    - Grocery shopping ✅
    - Laundry ❎
    - Name labels for uniform and school shoes ❎
    - Mini clearout? Kids toys and books in car to donate to school ❎
    - Early night ✅

Friday goals
    - morning workout
    - Laundry
    - Cooking day! Make bread dough/cookie dough and leave to rise/chill
    - Jog down to cafe for a coffee with the munchkin
    - Buy cocoa powder
    - Cookery class!
    - Pick up older daughter and her friend at 2:45
    - name labels on uniform/shoes
    - Early night
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    We just received a call that they think my wonderful MIL is having a heart attack. If it is it will be her second in 2 years. Being so far away at times like this is excruciating.

Oh @snowflake1968 I’m so sorry! You must feel really helpless - how far away are you from her? I will be hoping for better news for you today. Let us know how things are.

Hugs x

We just got off the phone with my SIL. She did have another heart attack, but she is ok right now. They are keeping her in hospital overnight. We are about 3400 Miles away. The airfare is close to 1000.00 to get there and back and we just don’t have it right now.