JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Replies

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Faebert wrote: »
    We just received a call that they think my wonderful MIL is having a heart attack. If it is it will be her second in 2 years. Being so far away at times like this is excruciating.

Oh @snowflake1968 I’m so sorry! You must feel really helpless - how far away are you from her? I will be hoping for better news for you today. Let us know how things are.

Hugs x

We just got off the phone with my SIL. She did have another heart attack, but she is ok right now. They are keeping her in hospital overnight. We are about 3400 Miles away. The airfare is close to 1000.00 to get there and back and we just don’t have it right now.

That’s so difficult. I’m really glad she is ok for now - hopefully it’s a good sign that she will only be staying in hospital for one night. Will be thinking of you and your husband today. X
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    ((((( @Snowflake1968 ))))) Really? Well, if it's not one thing it's another. Seriously, don't you just feel like having a temper tantrum sometimes? My thoughts are with your family.
    On a different note, your hair sure has gotten long since we met!
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Hello everyone - I have a great help toward you reaching your goals! Check out the FAT2FIT Weight Loss Challenge and Support Group... This is an awesome group that helps provide lots of motivation and support.

We compete in a friendly weight loss competition - there are 5 teams of approximately 40 challengers per team. We have weekly group challenges, moderator challenges, individual challenges and right now we have a really big step challenge going on. This is a great site for boosting your motivation.

Check us out!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

Questions - just tag me in a reply ( @steplaj ) or my co-moderator Irene ( @ihp2015 )

Thanks
    Steve
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Back at work today after a nasty bout of food poisoning. Work has piled up but on the plus side, my direct report is back on Monday and I can give it all to her :D;)

Other plus side: food poisoning has made me lose 1.5 lb :) Need to keep that off!

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Eat slowly and mindfully
    - 3 bottles water

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Go nail varnish shopping!
    - Meditate
    - Duolingo & French book
    - Leave work by 6.15 pm

Hope everyone has a good Friday - thinking of you all, particularly @Snowflake1968. Hope your MIL recovers quickly xx
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    WOW! I was 104 posts back! Took me 45 minutes to read them all! So much has happened in the last 4 days. Let's see if I can remember what I read. Lol.

@Snowflake1968 I am so so sorry to hear about your MIL. Mine had one about 2 years ago. It was really scary. Praying for your family!

@maryrobinson40 WELCOME BACK! I am hurting with you. I can't imagine what it is like to lose a sibling. But I am so happy that he is in Heaven waiting for you! I am SO happy you're back! You have been greatly missed!

@Faebert You are being a wonderful sister! Praying for her and you too. Hopefully, the cancer hasn't spread and it will be a simple surgery.

@Bex953172 I am happy for you that you will have some days with just your OH and Casey. That will be really important I think.

Okay, I know that I am missing people! I'll have to come back later and reach out to everyone else.
  • HEGoddard0928
    So much to catch everyone up on! The DH put his two weeks in. So it's official. September 14th is his last day. Wednesday night we went out to Taco Bell with a couple that he works with and spent 2.5 hours there just talking, laughing, and hanging out. It was really nice. Ate waaay too much bad food though.

The new girl(M) has been amazing! She is this funky, spunky woman who reminds me of myself when I was younger. I love working with her. We are sharing so many tips and tricks back and forth. She has been a teller for 5 years and I have been a CSR for 6 months. Lol. So I am teaching her CSR stuff and she is teaching me teller stuff. We talk all the time and she bought me coffee yesterday! I introduced her to the cafe on the corner that I go to all the time. She fell in love with it and bought us all iced coffee yesterday morning! It was wonderful! She has finally gotten all of her new computer programs to work and her station set up. It looks awesome! We have very little room at our little desk thing. So it's hard to personalize. She did a great job though!

Okay, so an update! Sorry if this is TMI!

I went to the doctor yesterday. Had an exam and everything. The DH was so incredibly uncomfortable! Lol. It seems like I am not pregnant. My body seems normal. But there was some tenderness and a tad bit of pain by my left ovary when the doctor pressed on it. So he has sent me for an ultrasound for that. He mentioned that it may have been an ectopic pregnancy. That's why they want to check that ovary I think. I also had blood drawn to test for the pregnancy hormone. Hopefully, I'll get those results soon. I had the ultrasound scheduled for the 3rd week of September but I will have to change that because I forgot that that is the week the L is on vacation. I will call them today on my break. So not a definite answer either way so I guess it's still a bit of a waiting game to know what to do next. Thank you for all of the prayers and kind thoughts/words! I am doing much better emotionally. When the DH left work early last Sunday it seemed like my outlook shifted. Why? I have no idea. But I've felt loads better and at peace. So my mindset is clear and my emotions are in check.

Okay! It's almost 730! On to goals!

1. Up at 6 :smiley:
    2. Shower :smiley:
    3. Make lunches
    4. Work 8:15-5:15
    5. Give mom rent money!
    6. Dinner/DISHES
    7. Research health insurance options
    8. Clean off table
    9. Empty bags of cooking things
    10. Attempt to start budget
    11. Bed whenever(YAY FRIDAY!)

I hope everyone has a great day!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    WOW! I was 104 posts back! Took me 45 minutes to read them all! So much has happened in the last 4 days. Let's see if I can remember what I read. Lol.

@Snowflake1968 I am so so sorry to hear about your MIL. Mine had one about 2 years ago. It was really scary. Praying for your family!

@maryrobinson40 WELCOME BACK! I am hurting with you. I can't imagine what it is like to lose a sibling. But I am so happy that he is in Heaven waiting for you! I am SO happy you're back! You have been greatly missed!

@Faebert You are being a wonderful sister! Praying for her and you too. Hopefully, the cancer hasn't spread and it will be a simple surgery.

@Bex953172 I am happy for you that you will have some days with just your OH and Casey. That will be really important I think.

Okay, I know that I am missing people! I'll have to come back later and reach out to everyone else.

@HEGoddard0928 ... Sunshine and rainbows in my heart...if that makes any sense... Lol…😀
    🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹💕👋👋 GOOOOOOOD MORNING! I LOVE YOU! MISSED YOU!
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    I am awake. Left eye firmly closed. The only great thing I recall is 191 on scale at hospital-down from 204 at doctor's office. Having an apple for breakfast and feeling around for pills. Argh. Back to school for kid, clean a bit of kitchen and likely hide in bed after this. STOP eating everything I can find. Organize cabinets into what stuff to get rid of first-I have a lot of protein milkshakes if I could only find all pieces of blender (any 1 of the 3 we have not including that little hand blender my husband got me last). I love kid but does he have to take all apart and explore with small pieces of stuff all over? Well, either there is a wild animal in yard now or I have to recover son and 3 dogs from yard before neighbors complain. Oh, lord, have to turn around-son came in and said I'm Naked. Haven't looked yet.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Faebert wrote: »
    We just received a call that they think my wonderful MIL is having a heart attack. If it is it will be her second in 2 years. Being so far away at times like this is excruciating.

Oh @snowflake1968 I’m so sorry! You must feel really helpless - how far away are you from her? I will be hoping for better news for you today. Let us know how things are.

Hugs x

We just got off the phone with my SIL. She did have another heart attack, but she is ok right now. They are keeping her in hospital overnight. We are about 3400 Miles away. The airfare is close to 1000.00 to get there and back and we just don’t have it right now.
    trust the Drs, they have seen it all and will take good care of her. Here’s to hoping that it’s a swift recovery!

• crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    8.31.18 Goals
    A bit different today as I am off from work.

10K steps
    No snacking
    Research a gym

Food shopping
    Get boys haircuts
    Chotchkie repair

Good luck to everyone today!

• jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Guys I fell asleep at 8:30 last night! I felt pretty tired and listened to my body and had a super sleep last night. I have been pushing more with exercise this week so 🤷🏻‍♀️
    Anyway, posting my goals this morning.
    @Snowflake1968 my thoughts are with you. I’m sure she’ll be ok and they’ll take great care of her. Let us know how everything goes.

For today:
    30 minutes exercise :( purposefully chose not to because my body was tired
    Track food and exercise ✅
    5 good groups ✅
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Gratitude: today I am thankful for sleep and Friday’s!
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    5 good groups
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Daily gratitude
    Post here for accountability
  • HEGoddard0928
    Work is incredibly boring today. It's not even 10 yet. I've only been here an hour and a half 😪😫 I just want it to be 530! It's Friday and a long weekend! Come on 5:00!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    ((((( @Snowflake1968 ))))) Really? Well, if it's not one thing it's another. Seriously, don't you just feel like having a temper tantrum sometimes? My thoughts are with your family.
    On a different note, your hair sure has gotten long since we met!

If only a temper tantrum would actually get you what you wanted. Yes, I am letting my hair grow it's probably the longest it's ever been.
  • Snowflake1968
    So much to catch everyone up on! The DH put his two weeks in. So it's official. September 14th is his last day. Wednesday night we went out to Taco Bell with a couple that he works with and spent 2.5 hours there just talking, laughing, and hanging out. It was really nice. Ate waaay too much bad food though.

The new girl(M) has been amazing! She is this funky, spunky woman who reminds me of myself when I was younger. I love working with her. We are sharing so many tips and tricks back and forth. She has been a teller for 5 years and I have been a CSR for 6 months. Lol. So I am teaching her CSR stuff and she is teaching me teller stuff. We talk all the time and she bought me coffee yesterday! I introduced her to the cafe on the corner that I go to all the time. She fell in love with it and bought us all iced coffee yesterday morning! It was wonderful! She has finally gotten all of her new computer programs to work and her station set up. It looks awesome! We have very little room at our little desk thing. So it's hard to personalize. She did a great job though!

Okay, so an update! Sorry if this is TMI!

I went to the doctor yesterday. Had an exam and everything. The DH was so incredibly uncomfortable! Lol. It seems like I am not pregnant. My body seems normal. But there was some tenderness and a tad bit of pain by my left ovary when the doctor pressed on it. So he has sent me for an ultrasound for that. He mentioned that it may have been an ectopic pregnancy. That's why they want to check that ovary I think. I also had blood drawn to test for the pregnancy hormone. Hopefully, I'll get those results soon. I had the ultrasound scheduled for the 3rd week of September but I will have to change that because I forgot that that is the week the L is on vacation. I will call them today on my break. So not a definite answer either way so I guess it's still a bit of a waiting game to know what to do next. Thank you for all of the prayers and kind thoughts/words! I am doing much better emotionally. When the DH left work early last Sunday it seemed like my outlook shifted. Why? I have no idea. But I've felt loads better and at peace. So my mindset is clear and my emotions are in check.

Okay! It's almost 730! On to goals!

1. Up at 6 :smiley:
    2. Shower :smiley:
    3. Make lunches
    4. Work 8:15-5:15
    5. Give mom rent money!
    6. Dinner/DISHES
    7. Research health insurance options
    8. Clean off table
    9. Empty bags of cooking things
    10. Attempt to start budget
    11. Bed whenever(YAY FRIDAY!)

I hope everyone has a great day!

I'm so happy to hear that they are checking things out for you. It is hard playing the waiting game, but maybe you will get the answers you need. I'm thinking of you. Congrats to Matt for putting in his notice.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member

Thursday JFT -- results
    1. Log all food ✅
    2. Drink 8 glasses of water ✅
    3. MUST -- find stock bill and pay >:)
    4. Do Walk at Home video for at least 10 minutes ✅

Had a good day yesterday. Won at bingo, enough that I'll go back tonight when the pots are bigger ... and, hopefully, win again. My two goofy friends decided we needed to celebrate so ordered a carafe of wine. Didn't log it on yesterday's plan so will add on today's since it was - technically - this morning.

@snowflake1968, love the ornaments. Very well done. The love birds would be perfect for a shower or wedding gift. I have an enormous roll of brown paper that I use to wrap packages. I stamp the outside to personalize it for the person to whom I'm giving the gift. I like to use "trinkets" to decorate in addition to the ribbons and bows. Your ornament would work wonderfully an would be a keepsake ornament.

Cool today, maybe high 70's but low humidity thank goodness. Will work in the yard doing some pruning. Hope y'all have a fun an successful day. :D
  • Snowflake1968
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Thursday JFT -- results
    1. Log all food ✅
    2. Drink 8 glasses of water ✅
    3. MUST -- find stock bill and pay >:)
    4. Do Walk at Home video for at least 10 minutes ✅

Had a good day yesterday. Won at bingo, enough that I'll go back tonight when the pots are bigger ... and, hopefully, win again. My two goofy friends decided we needed to celebrate so ordered a carafe of wine. Didn't log it on yesterday's plan so will add on today's since it was - technically - this morning.

@snowflake1968, love the ornaments. Very well done. The love birds would be perfect for a shower or wedding gift. I have an enormous roll of brown paper that I use to wrap packages. I stamp the outside to personalize it for the person to whom I'm giving the gift. I like to use "trinkets" to decorate in addition to the ribbons and bows. Your ornament would work wonderfully an would be a keepsake ornament.

Cool today, maybe high 70's but low humidity thank goodness. Will work in the yard doing some pruning. Hope y'all have a fun an successful day. :D

Thank you Cesse
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    I'm sitting here trying to read a few posts, and started nodding. You're not boring... Lol…. I'm tired and fighting to stay awal. Lmbo
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    edited August 2018
    JFT Friday
    1. Water
    2. Studio - finish pieces for new quilt center
    3. Shop - I need some new pjs, thrift stores hopefully
    4. Pay bills
    5. Pool
    6. Subway for dinner
    7. Brush and floss
    8. Bed by 10:30

(((( @maryrobinson40 )))) I find that happens way more on my work break and I've finally figured out it's not just because I'm tired but when I'm reading and my head is leaned down. I hope your day gets more alert. ♥️