Where are the Nerds??

Replies

• RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    edited August 2018
    sdanemrtn wrote: »
    I'm a nerd and PROUD OF IT! I'm into Star Wars (dark side), Star Trek (Jean Luc Picard is coming back, y'all!), Pokemon Go (actually is a motivator to get moving), PS4 (Skyrim and No Man's Sky), and of course anything on Discovery, History, and Science channels. If you haven't watched Battle Bots, you don't know what you're missing. Looking for some like minded nerds making their stamp on this weight loss universe!

You had me at Star Trek and Picard. :smile:

• solorex
    solorex Posts: 696 Member
    Anyone monkey around in FFXIV? I'm half tempted to check it out for the hell of it.
  • sdanemrtn
    sdanemrtn Posts: 187 Member
    I'm a nerd and PROUD OF IT! I'm into Star Wars (dark side), Star Trek (Jean Luc Picard is coming back, y'all!), Pokemon Go (actually is a motivator to get moving), PS4 (Skyrim and No Man's Sky), and of course anything on Discovery, History, and Science channels. If you haven't watched Battle Bots, you don't know what you're missing. Looking for some like minded nerds making their stamp on this weight loss universe!

You had me at Star Trek and Picard. :smile:

We are going to get along perfect. Haha.
  • sdanemrtn
    This made me laugh. Those that played Skyrim will appreciate. c9lhothohajo.jpg
  • hutazi
    hutazi Posts: 13 Member
    solorex wrote: »
    Anyone monkey around in FFXIV? I'm half tempted to check it out for the hell of it.

played a bit of it. but theres too much going on in the HUD that it got too messy for me. but if youre used to MMO then should be fine. i got some friends who put in toooonnns of hours into and in the end sold his account, items and crap for a few thousand $!
    This made me laugh. Those that played Skyrim will appreciate.

didnt get into skyrim, but i had flashbacks to Monster Hunter World... "ooo havent seen this monster before" ... dead.

• chubbycatcorner
    chubbycatcorner Posts: 102 Member
    Present haha
  • terrordawg
    terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member
    EreAura wrote: »
    theresa120 wrote: »
    Anyone have any favourite movies/shows you’ve been watching on Netflix?

Criminal Minds lately..started maybe 2 months ago or so, on *coughs* season *coughs* 12. :D Binged all of Disenchantment and it was wonderful, but now I'm sad that I have to wait for season 2.

Thanks for that suggestion! My friend has been begging me to start watching it and I’d totally forgotten!
  • chubbycatcorner
    chubbycatcorner Posts: 102 Member

Criminal Minds lately..started maybe 2 months ago or so, on *coughs* season *coughs* 12. :D Binged all of Disenchantment and it was wonderful, but now I'm sad that I have to wait for season 2.

Thanks for that suggestion! My friend has been begging me to start watching it and I’d totally forgotten!

Try Izombie if you haven't already. So good :)
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member

4rmzpx7hpqua.jpg

• steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    Good Morning everyone, just wanted to say hello and invite you to a really fantastic group called the FAT2FIT - Weight Loss Challenge and Support Group... This is a really great site for developing friendships and getting to know other MFP participants. Our motto is that we "We can do this, We will do this, Together!" and we really work to do just that...

The challenge is comprised of five (5) teams of approximately 35 to 40 challengers per team (roughly 200 in the group each month). We all compete in a friendly team vs. team weight loss challenge. In addition, each team has its own chat room where teammates encourage, support, motivate and get to know each other. We have some really terrific friendships form. In addition, there are optional weekly group challenges, moderator challenges and even some individual team challenges. You can participate in these or not, it's entirely up to you.

If you are really looking to add friends and want to become part of a family that will work with you helping motivate, encourage and support you - then you should really take a look and maybe give us a try, you'll be pleasantly surprised and glad you did... We would love to have you!

Steve (moderator)

42hdqwej1yw6.jpg

GROUP PAGE: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

REGISTRATION PAGE: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10669784/fat2fit-wlc-registration-page-now-accepting-september-registrations#latest

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FAT2FIT-Weight Loss Challenge IS OPEN TO ANYONE INTERESTED IN JOINING US, NOT JUST THOSE THAT I TAGGED. ANYONE CAN JOIN! WE WELCOME EVERYONE, INVITE YOUR FRIENDS AND JOIN TOGETHER, just let us know and we can put you on the same team... Hope to see you all!

renku wrote: »
    hutazi wrote: »
  • sdanemrtn
    renku wrote: »

4rmzpx7hpqua.jpg

Haha. Well played.
  • #NerdLife 😂😉
  • sdanemrtn
    @pigskinprincess85 damn straight. All about it!!
  • Adidastrwars
    Adidastrwars Posts: 13 Member
    0176vyy6jmfm.jpg
  • Adidastrwars
    Adidastrwars Posts: 13 Member
    🌺💖 Proud to be 🤓 Nerd!
  • gstaubs1
    gstaubs1 Posts: 200 Member
    edited September 2018
    Here's my addition to the nerd thread. My Halloween costume : Cloud Strife Final Fantasy 7
    The sword is actually a replica from Advent Children...But you wouldn't know that unless you were really a nerd right?? lol

niglxad2nqa5.jpg
  • Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    Does an “IT” nerd count?
  • Evieseriously
    Evieseriously Posts: 48 Member
    I'm into video games like World of Warcraft (druids forever <3 I have like 5, can't wait for the Kul Tirans and Zandalari races to become available so I can make 2 more), Skyrim, a few of the Fallouts, Oblivion, Sims 3 & 4, etc. I love taking pictures of bugs and other naturey things, and I'm really into learning new and useless facts that no one cares about. I collect rocks and animal skulls (which I think freaks people out, but I paint them, so does that make it a little better? Probably not).

My Instagram is @Maplerosemoth if y'all get a sudden craving to look at bugs under a macro lens. I love new friends and talking to people so feel free to add me on here or Instagram, whichever.

P.S love looking at all the pics in this thread
  • terrordawg
    terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member
    @Evieseriously I used to play WOW for years, but stopped when a few of my friends bailed. Hubby and I are thinking of picking it up again soon! I had the most fun as either a Warrior or Rogue (I like close combat I guess lol) and honestly liked the quests and levelling more than the raids or dungeons (some people just take it too seriously for me! lol)