Stay At Home Mommies Unite! 60 Day Challenge Week 5

Options

Replies

• circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    This week's cardio challenge is going to be hard. I just noticed while checking the calories burned for different exercises in the database that my current weight was wrong. Well, when I changed it, it also changed my calories burned, to a lesser amount, REALLY!?:grumble:
    I did know that, I just didn't think it made that big of a differnce, well it does. My butt is going to be sweating this week!!! Better go buy me a new stick of Degree, I think I'm going to need it!!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Highest weight at 9months pregnant 265lbs 12/10
    Starting MFP Weight: 247
    Starting SAHMU Weight: 225.5
    Week 1 Weight: 225
    Week 2 Weight: 227
    Week 3 Weight: 223
    Week 4 Weight: 221
    Week 5 Weight 221

Loss: 0 this week...TOM will be here next wed so I will blame him! If I worked out this am I probably would be down but I am so sore from monday and tuesday I need a day to rest! Sorry Team!

Emotional Challenge: I agree with You Devin...blaming my pregnancies too but I was 215lbs when I got married...gained 30lbs from the time I met my husband til I got married....in only a year and a half from eating terribly! I worked at a doctors clinic where food was catered in for lunch ( they were like 4 course meals!!) and someone was always having a potluck for something!! Not to mention trying to match my husband's eating....he can eat ALOT!! So now this is my turn to stop making excuses and get my butt in gear!! I know what to do and how to get there just need to not give up and stick with it especially when that dang scale stalls!!
  • sisa2324
    sisa2324 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Team yellow's recipe...

Food Challenge Recipe

This is super YUMMY!
    MONKEY BARS
    Active Time: 10 minutes

Total Time: 30 minutes

Serves: 40

You’ll never miss the fat in these chewy bars made with white whole-wheat flour, mashed banana, light-brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and mini–chocolate chips.

Recipe Ingredients

1 2⁄3 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 5 bananas)
    3⁄4 cup packed light-brown sugar
    1⁄4 cup oil
    1⁄4 cup milk
    2 large eggs
    2 tsp vanilla extract
    1 tsp each baking soda and cinnamon
    1⁄4 tsp salt
    1 3⁄4 cups white whole-wheat flour
    1 cup mini chocolate chips

Recipe Preparation

Heat oven to 350ºF. Line a 15 x 10 x 1⁄2-in. baking pan with nonstick foil (let the foil extend about 2 in. above pan at both ends).
    Whisk mashed bananas, sugar, oil, milk, eggs, vanilla, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl until mixed thoroughly. Whisk in flour just until blended; gently stir in 1⁄2 cup of the mini chocolate chips.
    Spread batter in prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
    Holding foil by ends, lift from pan onto a cutting board. Carefully cut lengthwise in 4 strips and then cut each strip in 10; remove foil.

Nutrition Facts
    Servings 40
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 80
    Total Fat 3 g
    Saturated Fat 1 g
    Cholesterol 11 mg
    Sodium 52 g
    Total Carbohydrates 13 g
    Dietary Fiber 1 g
    Protein 1 g
    Sugar N/A
  • linake11
    linake11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 270.4
    Last weigh in: 261.6
    This week: 264.8
    Gain: 3.2

UGH!!!!!! I had a feeling. It's just been one of those weeks ya know? Sorry girls. Im hoping its just water? Here's to pushing on though right? :)
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    So... um... on day 4-- what's an "Up & Down" ? I can think of about 40 things this *might* be.. but I'm not sure!!
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    So... um... on day 4-- what's an "Up & Down" ? I can think of about 40 things this *might* be.. but I'm not sure!!

The burpee or up down is a full body exercise used in strength training and as aerobic exercise. It is performed in five steps:

1.Begin in a standing position.
    2.Drop into a squat position with your hands on the ground.
    3.Kick your feet back while lowering yourself with a pushup.
    4.Return your feet to the squat position while straightening your arms.
    5.Leap up as high as possible from the squat position with your arms overhead (you may clap your hands above your head at the peak of your jump)[1]
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Hi Ladis,
    Make sure you post your Calorie Goal for the week today!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is 2600...we'll see if I can achieve that.
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is 2600 calories, I will do my normal workouts and add Yoga in again! YAY!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Make sure you all post it on the spreadsheet too. Thanks
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Okay .. I posted the minimum. That is a huge challenge for me since I usually only hit 1400 a week. Posted it to the sheet too!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Remember you can count any calories you burn includung cleaning, cooking. I want everyone to be able to hit there goal but make sure you push yourself, alot of us may be at a plateau and I think this may help.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Imma try 2600 but pretty doubtful I will make it lol. I don't wear my hrm just doing things around the house so only track my real exercise and my once a week grocery shopping trip, since I walk a ton and lift heavy things.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options

OK, I changed my goal to 2500. Even hitting that will be really hard for me, so here's hoping for the best!
  • NewLife_11
    Options

OK, I changed my goal to 2500. Even hitting that will be really hard for me, so here's hoping for the best!

Do you all want me to change the min to 2000, I don't want anyone to get discouraged??????
  • RedheadHen
    Options
    Remember you can count any calories you burn includung cleaning, cooking. I want everyone to be able to hit there goal but make sure you push yourself, alot of us may be at a plateau and I think this may help.

Well .. if we are counting this stuff ... I can certainly go to like 2600 or 3000! Still a challenge, but a bit more attainable. See ... I never really count my cleaning and stuff. LOL! But if we can count that ... cool. :flowerforyou:

ETA ~ I'm also finished with my 30DS as of today ... so I'm gonna try to find another schedule of workouts to fill in. But I always push myself when working out! ;)
  • RedheadHen
    Options
    Imma try 2600 but pretty doubtful I will make it lol. I don't wear my hrm just doing things around the house so only track my real exercise and my once a week grocery shopping trip, since I walk a ton and lift heavy things.

I just carried 2 50lb bags of chicken feed about 50 yards! I wonder what kind of burn that was! LOL! :sick:
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    My goal is 3000...hopefully that is not unrealistic for me! I figure it is only for one week so it won't kill me lol.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if I can use regular whole wheat flour in the monkey bar recipe? All I have is regular white and regular whole wheat in the pantry...

ETA: Oh, or what if I used half whole wheat and half white flour?
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if I can use regular whole wheat flour in the monkey bar recipe? All I have is regular white and regular whole wheat in the pantry...

ETA: Oh, or what if I used half whole wheat and half white flour?

I think she probably meant white/whole wheat four, being either one.. or a mixture of both. Whatever works for you! It was my plan to get these made today.. but hasn't happened yet!