How do handle when your SO doesn't believe in you?

Options
13ยป

Replies

• IHaveMyActTogether
    Options
    Fitdiva, I can't hit that inspiring button enough times. Very well done.
  • fitdiva1day
    fitdiva1day Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @IHaveMyActTogether ...thank you again ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this update - I didn't see the dates when I started reading, so your update picture was a lovely shock. So much power here! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • LEdmonds2016
    LEdmonds2016 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    He's believing in me now!26lj4hn82zae.jpg

That is fantastic. I am so happy for you!!
  • Candyspun
    Candyspun Posts: 370 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Prove him wrong! (I just read further, and you did!)
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    So, what is it, exactly, you'd like him to change in order to demonstrate he is supportive of your goals?
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    ...he is in love with the new me. He is much sweeter and much more attentive. I cant imagine how he will be when this last 20 pounds comes off lol.

I've just read through from 2017 when you'd initially posted. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Heartwarming to read your update @fitdiva1day
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Don't do it for them. Their opinion of you and your abilities and your "why" is completely irrelevant. Do it for YOU.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats, lady!
  • Jcurran516
    Jcurran516 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Most of the above are correct but they should be considered in total: Don't rely on outside validation but in any relationship, you should be supported unless it's a bad goal i.e. you want to run 10 miles a day and have already gotten to 6% body fat and are getting sick (I had a friend that nearly ran herself to death). I listen to motivation "tapes" by Fearless Motivation and one of the most important tracks confirms a well known concept - if you get better, others may resent you because they like the status quo. My post high school friends wanted to go drinking and I wanted to go to school. Current friends who say they are "into sports" mean they want to sit and drink beer and watch TV. if you don't think support and believing in your goals is important in the relationship (kinda sad) or everything else is SO GREAT, you'll tolerate it, try another support group. I don't know where you are but I run some groups through Meetup.com and you do a profile, your interests and location and they suggest groups in your area. We probably have 20 various fitness groups around Madison. Usually no cost, great way to find like minded support and friends.
  • 2475hobbs
    2475hobbs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    *kitten* em! Bin them off and find someone that does.
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Leave
  • justari18
    justari18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If my SO didn't believe in me I'd dump them, I have no room in my life for people who aren't going to be positive.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Come here for support and inspiration.. keep your health changes to yourself if your partner is not supportive. They will just sabatoge you..and you don' t have the time or energy to deal with that. You need to focus on yourself.

Your problem is not unheard of.. it happens to many of us, and there are many reasons perfectly otherwise good people do this unsupportive thing.

So, Focus on you.. .come here for advice and support..and quietly lose your weight and regain your health.