Less Alcohol - September 2018 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• JenBlalock
    JenBlalock Posts: 16 Member
    How do I join this challenge? Thanks!
  • JenBlalock
    edited September 2018
    I think I've got it. Is this a discussion group? Either way, I'd like to participate. Thanks!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
    Ke22yB wrote: »
    Leaving for Cape May this morning to help our friends daughter spread her ashes and celebrate some of her favorite beaches and bars. Probably a pub crawl all day tomorrow.

You are an inspiration. Such a wise use of your extra time to not be taken up by drinking. The term "pub crawl" always makes my skin crawl.

JenBlalock wrote: »
    I think I've got it. Is this a discussion group? Either way, I'd like to participate. Thanks!

Yes you are more than invited to participate, in any form you wish. Posting, reading, lurking......it is all beneficially.
  • JenBlalock
    This is me! Exactly!
    karenesg wrote: »
    Nice to see some new faces here along with some of the originals. We all have something to share, something to learn..

I've got 3 days AF behind me, working on # 4. The scale hasn't moved much but that's beside the point right now. Have decided not to driink at all this weekend, the slope is too slippery for me... "just one" will lead to "oh well, that was yummmm, (unlike others, I do love the taste of my fav drinks) might as well have another" and before you know it the bottle is gone, the crunchy-munchies hit and its morning and I'm disgusted with myself. That's gotten old. And farther behind on my goals.

Have a great day everyone and enjoy your weekend, remember what you believe in, be good to yourself. Peace

• JenBlalock
    Ditto with the drink while I cook dinner. That's what motivates me to cook. Probably a good idea to just take alcohol out of the house. I used to always drink wine but then I discovered a grapefruit vodka with grapefruit LaCroix and lime that I prefer in the summer. One drink would be okay but then I always have LaCroix leftover from the can so make another and so on............ Then I eat. Arrrrgggh.... so sick of waking up, taking inventory of the night before, and then being disgusted. I was a runner for many years then somehow developed a lung disease where I had to go on medication for 15 months (which I am now off of) and haven't gotten started again. I think because it's so hot here but should be cooling off soon. I am supposed to exercise my lungs so no excuses there! But that's another topic for another group I think. Right now, I will focus on the alcohol moderation. Thanks for the support and good luck to you this weekend!
    USCBMOM22 wrote: »
    @JenBlalock Glad you found us. This is a great group. Lot's of support and good advice. I can relate to the evening drinking. Somehow that glass of wine has become a daily thing. It started as having a glass while cooking dinner. Then another with dinner. Many times some more after. I have managed to reel that in, but I would like to get to where I am AF on weeknights and perhaps only one or two on the weekends.

This weekend will not have as many challenges to stay AF. I am meeting a friend at 6:00 tomorrow morning for a long run, so that means no wine tonight and early to bed. I have my 3 year old granddaughter tomorrow evening so definitely nothing tomorrow evening. The only temptation might be during the football game Sunday afternoon. Since we plan to watch at home, I will be fine. I just won't buy any and there won't be anything in the house to tempt me. Hmmmm....maybe the scale will actually cooperate on Monday morning.

• USCBMOM22
    USCBMOM22 Posts: 31 Member
    karenesg wrote: »
    Nice to see some new faces here along with some of the originals. We all have something to share, something to learn..

I've got 3 days AF behind me, working on # 4. The scale hasn't moved much but that's beside the point right now. Have decided not to driink at all this weekend, the slope is too slippery for me... "just one" will lead to "oh well, that was yummmm, (unlike others, I do love the taste of my fav drinks) might as well have another" and before you know it the bottle is gone, the crunchy-munchies hit and its morning and I'm disgusted with myself. That's gotten old. And farther behind on my goals.

Have a great day everyone and enjoy your weekend, remember what you believe in, be good to yourself. Peace

Yup...that voice in my head says the same thing. ESPECIALLY on the weekends. I think I will join you in an AF weekend. Sadly, I can't remember the last time I had one. Let's give it a shot (not the usual kind of shot :D ).
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
    USCBMOM22 wrote: »

Yup...that voice in my head says the same thing. ESPECIALLY on the weekends. I think I will join you in an AF weekend. Sadly, I can't remember the last time I had one. Let's give it a shot (not the usual kind of shot :D ).

😂 love it
  • KKHKISHZKH
    KKHKISHZKH Posts: 187 Member
    Friday night. The first real test. It's curry and wine night, and I usually have a whole bottle. Going to have G&T without the G and hope it fools my brain...