Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Options

Replies

• snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I got my craft room cleaned! I think I’ll go through some of my stamp sets this week and post them for sale, but I managed to get two large garbage bags and one box of stuff out! Throughout that process I also cleaned my hope chest out so that I could place more treasured items in it. I still need to sort som pictures, letters, and grandmother’s, mothers and fathers diaries, but that should be a good winter project.

Congratulations!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    I realized that I have to do my food cupboard this weekend. I need to wait until after Thursday so my garbage bin is emptied LOL I'm trying to come up with some better food options and have been buying more frequently but more fresh, but there are some items that need to just be thrown!
  • snoo61
    Options
    Wow...just plain WOW!
    I am "OFFICIALLY" an Mfp success story, period. Today, we spent the day re-arranging furniture, shampooing carpets and creating new rooms-- NEW places&spaces of gorgeous minimalistic peaceful loveliness. Our oldest moved out and we reclaimed that space as an amazing fabulous "chill-laxing" room. We just spent the day utterly de-cluttering our decluttering o:)<3o:). ALL over the house, and tossing even more stuff from the room my daughter left and all of the children's rooms as well. AMAZING how far I've come in this LET IT GO lifestyle...but that's NOT what makes me an official Mfp "SUCCESS-STORY". While cleaning the closet out, I found a pair of 16w's in her closet, (she didn't put it there, because she's a size 0), I put it there sometime ago (when I was an OBESE clutter chick), anyhoo...I started thinking of this lady on here, whose avatar shows her getting both legs into one pair of pants, from this post:
    lorrpb wrote: »
    It's not embarrassing it's AWESOME!

How FABULOUS is your avatar photo?!? You're looking tremendous honey--that pic is everythang, big ol BOOM for/to you!

from this thread: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10691791/i-got-screamed-at-in-public-today-and-i-kinda-liked-it/p1

I saw them 16w's and looked at how BIG they were and again, thought about this member with her in one pant leg and I was so amazed and delighted for her and secretly in my heart thought "I wonder how much longer I'll be able to do that...I'd been wondering that FOR YEARS of being on Mfp and rejoicing in the two legs in one pair of their OBESITY PANTS success stories I've read about here on Mfp and wondered to myself...can I get in these pants, pants I NEVER wore, because they were too small--I simply could NOT fit them/get in them at all back then (about 2-3 years ago or so) :'( (which is why I stored them in my daughter's closet-hoping to "one day" fit them)-could I, get in these pants--two legs just one leg of these 16w's??????

I tried them on and I GOT IN THEM...I've seen a millon Mfp success story posts of pics like that and for MORE than 6 long years, I dreamed and hoped and wondered if I'd EVER achieve a "real" Mfp success story like so many others over the years I'd so admired??>>...I DID TODAY, I GOT IN THEM BAD BOYS WITH TWO LEGS IN ONE PANT LEG, A SIZE 16W AND I STARTED SCREAMING AND I STARTED CRYING TOO and asked someone in the house to take my pic.

x451zen126d6.jpeg

ig7xoxlk1hob.jpeg

f3ocxj9ymqh0.jpeg

Thank you Jesus---I haven't arrived, but MAN OH MAN, every day I'm getting closer an closer to my goal of slim and trim-dom and LETTING GO of "all of the weight that soooo EASILY beset me" for soooooo many miserable and hard years--- this is utterly amazing, humbling and mega YAY--I'M SO OVERJOYED---BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!

I'm so impressed! This is an amazing, wonderful accomplishment! Congratulations! Thank you for giving hope to someone who needs it oh so badly. I'm smiling so huge for you!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

I'm so impressed! This is an amazing, wonderful accomplishment! Congratulations! Thank you for giving hope to someone who needs it oh so badly. I'm smiling so huge for you!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ <3o:)<3SNOO o:)<3o:) }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Honey, let me tell ya a lil something something, YOU are doing this, little by little, step by step. I want to thank you from the TOP of my heart for being such an encouraging darling. I KNOW you have probably heard this from time to time, but pretty please BELIEVE me when I tell you, if since I am doing it, ANYBODY can---I mean ANYBODY/everybody can do it (decluttering inside your heart, mind, and outside (your home and enviroment, AND forever ridding/LETTING GO of excess weght--for real--it's "simply" going to take time--let TIME/PATIENCE do it's thing and BAM--here comes results, S-L-O-W-L-Y but S-U-R-E-L-Y (I promise)!!! It may take some people more than 6 years ( like it took me :# ), but again...YOU CAN, WILL AND ARE doing it even now. Girlfriend, always remember this, hide it in your heart--it took me and you YEARS to get to the place where we are, and it's going to take sometime to get "unstuck" and outta the "boat" so to speak, that you and I are and have been in. Once again, thank you ever so VERY much for being you and please know ya got someone here cheering you on boo--practice makes better...forget that perfect stuff, because it's a lie. I choose "better" over perfect and BOOM! Here come good ol progress and then some!

{{{{{{{{{{ <3 HUGS <3 }}}}}}}}}}}}

ETA: I wanted to also tell you, one of the reasons it took soooo long for me to get outta my "mess" was the urgent desire to do it quickly...haste makes waste and I HAD to learn the hard way that hurry is of the >:) and will jack you and me up every time. Take your "sweet" time beloved, time IS on your side, no what you tell yourself or anyone else tells you, take your beautiful time in all you are attempting to accomplish and make doing it right and righteously MORE important than getting results quickly. That's the ticket, it truly is! HURRY IS THE ENEMY and a sneaky backstabbing one at that! Patience and hope in the "process" is truly your friend!

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME - How marvelous for you!!!!!!! I am so incredibly happy for you! Also the advice you gave Snoo - AMEN I think that is where a lot of people fail the first, third, seventh times. They keep trying for fast and end up failing because they are working so hard at it and it's impossible to keep up.

I am going for slow and steady this time around and although the speed of loss is bothering me, I know that I can do this for the rest of my life if I need to.
  • snoo61
    Options
    I am also taking it slow. I want to be able to maintain, not just slide back to where I was. I do have my impatient days though.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME - How marvelous for you!!!!!!! I am so incredibly happy for you! Also the advice you gave Snoo - AMEN I think that is where a lot of people fail the first, third, seventh times. They keep trying for fast and end up failing because they are working so hard at it and it's impossible to keep up.

I am going for slow and steady this time around and although the speed of loss is bothering me, I know that I can do this for the rest of my life if I need to.

{{{{{{{{ <3 SNOW <3 }}}}}}}}}}}} How utterly tremendous you've articulated this, this "business/matter" of "keep trying for FAST and end up failing..." Wow, you super not only "got-it", but helped me be able to understand/"see it" even more clearly and the way you described the constant, frustrating and YUCK of being in a hurry to achieve a goal and the consistent results of years of "failure" is SPOT-ON! this "hurry-up" and get it done and outta the way FAST as you can" mentality/mind-set and way of thinking/doing is so counter-productive--ugh and again, YUCK! This "business" of change MUST be done in a patient and consistent manner, period. Also, if one focuses on the "outer/outside "stuff" (getting ALL the decluttering done NOW or ASAP and weight "blastification" looks/change/results), without FIRST making the mental/spiritual "stuff" equally if not more important (changing one's "outlook/mind-set, and stubbornness of the way we think, do and live"(i.e., I've ALWAYS done it this way, EVERYBODY says and does it this way", or worse yet, "I tried my best and just "can't" do it (THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS "CAN'T...ONLY WON'T), etc.)...KA-POW, here comes failure and going back to the "old way" of thinking, living and doing stuff/operating in the way that got us obese and all "clutterfied" to begin with and then we have to re-start all over and over again. Thank you Snow!!!!!

Also mega THANK YOU for joining me in my joy and for being such a delightful and encouraging person and contributing such fabulousity to this thread...you ROCK, period. o:)
  • LuckyNumbers
    LuckyNumbers Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Congrats on that huge NSV, @NewLIFEstyle4ME !
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME I'm so happy for you!!!

That's such an iconic before/after success!!! You did it!!!

ETA: And that's so lovely you now have your chillaxing room!!!
  • Orphia
    Options
    Cookbooks? Two shelves worth, beccause anything I need is on the internet.

@elsie6hickman This made an impact on me when I read it last week, and today my husband was helping me clean up the kitchen bench, and I mentioned wanting to throw out the cookbooks.

He went through them immediately, and we decided to keep just a few classics in good condition, and throw the magazines and manky pre-internet books in the recycling.

I then spent a nice time going through a classic vegetarian cookbook and got some nice ideas for future dishes. I can also give my vegetarian son some other nice vegetarian cookbooks.

I also remembered @NewLIFEstyle4ME and our discussions on how we get along so much better with our other half since beginning our "transformations" (need to think of the exact word).

We enjoyed that combined effort, and now have more kitchen shelf space!

• Orphia
    Options
    Other ongoing decluttering / cleaning efforts also done today:

De-gunked the washing machine filter.

Wiped down the washing machine.

Wiped down my yoga mat.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Congrats on that huge NSV, @NewLIFEstyle4ME !

{{{{{{{ :) Lucky :) }}}}}}}}} Thanks so much for your reply <3 This is a mega Huge NSV to/for me for sure--so very huge, so very humbling and so very YAY!!!!

I can't WON'T get these pics of my squeezing my two legs into one pant leg of these size 16w's (uhhhhh, W :smiley: W) & the wonderful reality of how far I've come AND how far I yet have to go, outta my mind/heart/spirit. Amazingly smile and joy inducing for sure. I found/posted this on another thread, but want to post it here, so that I will EVER keep this (these quotes on struggling) in my mind/heart/thoughts/spirit about this NSV (to help me to ALWAYS keep it real, keep me humble and keep me "keeping-on" in this business of continuing to "LET IT GO & DON'T LOOK BACK" and getting "down to size" and the MAINTENANCE thereof):
    quote-strength-does-not-come-from-winning-your-struggles-develop-your-strengths-when-you-go-arnold-schwarzenegger-26-29-95.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPAmJokUXidZrxZxlARKDLNIxVAKpygjdUXdIjklrq9z4q-9hA

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRLkghQcDev6uwTqBrbL9JRqAEplm76bcT-czQL7iXdgk9P75ESw
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME I'm so happy for you!!!

That's such an iconic before/after success!!! You did it!!!

ETA: And that's so lovely you now have your chillaxing room!!!

{{{{{{{{{ <3 Thanks so much O <3 }}}}}}}}}}}}}

I LOVE the way you described it..."iconic before and after success"~ just love it! The chillaxing room is just plain stunning--it's really lovely...so peaceful, simple/spacious and cool. I'm burning an amazing candle in it called Beach Daisy that looks and smells so pretty! Ahhhhhhhh....minimalist bliss o:)<3o:)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited September 2018
    Options
    snoo61 wrote: »
    Sitting here worrying that hurricane Florence may be about to declutter my house for me. The"fish storm" is now projected to make landfall within 20 miles of us at cat 4. Of course this can, and hopefully will, change daily. I'd rather declutter myself, just saying.
    Busy next few days, on a positive note, my porch and yard will get cleaned up before the storm!

Girrrllllll...I almost choked on my water, after reading "Sitting here worrying that hurricane Florence may be about to declutter my house for me." This is soooooo serious, but I am cracking up over here at you talking about the hurricane decluttering your house for you :o ---that is so FUNNNNNNNNNYYYY :D ---help me LORD, it's so NOT funny, but it's so funny (the way you put it) this is so serious/scary at the same time :# ! I LOVE your attitude so much Snoo. Please keep us posted and know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!