heart rate almost triples when walking is this normal.

Options

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update, we do worry.
    Hope the cardio appointment comes through soon.

((( <3))), h.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you checked in, hope whatever the problem is can be resolved for you.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Thanks for updating us. Glad you are getting an early appointment and hope you get the answers to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    when you had tests, did it include a stress test and did they give you a heart monitor to wear for 24 hours? That is really awfully high for someone that has that low a resting heart rate. The low resting late may be normal for you (my husband is the same), but they may not have looked at what happens to your heart when you are exercising. I would definitely want to talk to a cardio.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    when you had tests, did it include a stress test and did they give you a heart monitor to wear for 24 hours? That is really awfully high for someone that has that low a resting heart rate. The low resting late may be normal for you (my husband is the same), but they may not have looked at what happens to your heart when you are exercising. I would definitely want to talk to a cardio.

no stress test as of yet. I said above I went to the ER and had to wear a holter monitor and it picked up that I have a heart rhythm disorder. if you wish to know more please go back a few posts. it also says Im seeing a cardiologist the end of the month
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Good luck with it. I hope you get some answers.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    Good luck with it. I hope you get some answers.

thanks me too
  • elsie6hickman
    Options
    Good luck. I hope that they can correctly diagnose your problem.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @CharlieBeansmomTracey are you all set for your appointment tomorrow? Do you have questions written out?

(I hate when I've left the doctor and remember something I meant to ask.)

Keep us posted!
  • lisa0527
    lisa0527 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    And please remember that if you have serious symptoms again like chest pain and weakness that you should head back to the ER. Even though you know the cause, arrhythmias can cause some very serious problems. Hopefully you get some answers from your cardiologist appointment tomorrow.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    @CharlieBeansmomTracey are you all set for your appointment tomorrow? Do you have questions written out?

(I hate when I've left the doctor and remember something I meant to ask.)

Keep us posted!

yep I am going to ask him all sorts of questions and see if he wants to do a genetic test too as I have a sister(ame mom different dad) who is a carrier of a defective gene that causes heart issues ,she doesnt have it yet( 2 of her sons have the defect in their heart) so I will see if he wants to see if I have that or not. mom was never tested. cant think of the defect she has. but I do have mitral valve prolapse/regurgitation or did have,last test I had showed it had improved. hopefully I will find out soon.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear things are moving forward. I do hope it isn't too long a wait for the next set of appointments.

Cheers, h.
  • elsie6hickman
    Options
    It sounds like he knows what he is doing. I hope you don't have a long wait for your tests.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    It sounds like he knows what he is doing. I hope you don't have a long wait for your tests.

I shouldnt have a long wait. probably sometime in sept im sure. because my next appt with him is oct 1st to go over the tests so that makes me think it wont be long.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    got an automated thing today that I have an appt in 2 days. no notice otherwise. well bad part is I cant go. I have no way to get there. we have no public transportation either. everyone is busy or so they say, we pay people to take us to appts (long story as to why that is) but it seems like everyone has a bee in their bonnet lately. so story of my life. so I guess I will cancel my appt and just deal with what may happen with my health. i even have to cancel my gastroenterologist appt for the 21st.