40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Speed & Agility, Vol 2 Pure Contact & Vol 1 Relief"=Done!
    Stupid Fitbit died. that's 2 I've killed. I need to find something that can take more of a beating.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    tcohen74 wrote: »
    Hi there - am 44 and despite working out 5 times a week, dancing and doing strength training I have gained 10 pounds. They wont come off - if i eat more, eat less, work out more, work out less, the weight keep creeping on. I am now up (as of this morning) almost 13 pounds and it is beyond upsetting. I am about 80/20 really strict and clean to being a little looser but I never do the eat a pint of ice cream or plate of nachos thing. Any advise, or anyone going through anything similar??!! Been to doctors, and nutritionists and no one can seem to stop this weight gain!

@tcohen74 - Two thoughts come to mind, assuming their are no underlying health factors. (I would imagine the doctor visits would have addressed this if there were any). 1) If you are doing quite a bit of strength work, then some portion of your gain could be increased muscle mass. You may be holding on to some water weight as well.
    2) Are you weighing and measuring all your foods and tracking calorie intake? I don't know the time period you are talking about for the weight gain, but I can tell you that I put in significant hours of endurance training weekly during the spring and summer months (my weekly average is 12-16hrs as tracked by my Garmin) and my weight will stay the same or increase if I don't manage my calorie input. And during periods of high endurance activity, I am VERY hungry. My hunch is that you are taking in more calories than you are expending. I'd suggest that your best next step would be to track ALL food you consume for the next two weeks to see what you are actually taking in for calories daily. Then you will have a useful reference point to begin addressing your calorie excess or deficiency (the latter leading to weight loss.) Good Luck!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 Off Day Stretch"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 Championship + Fit Test"=Done! I only got 7 rounds this time. I tripped over the stupid ladder...twice. there were expletives...and a finger gesture.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,987 Member
    Options
    I am very glad this "move" is nearing its conclusion - at least at this end....it has been lonely. Eerie. And due to intense lack of sleep, my bandwidth is waning.

On the other end, I will have my family around me, a nanny who is AWESOME at organizing everything, and the belief in 'adventure'.

My workouts are zero this week. I made one weightlifting session and one yoga session. Even those make me feel like I am amazed I did that!

I missed zero days of work and I am UNsick throughout. BOOM!
  • rhaynes6167
    rhaynes6167 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey all 44/m married New here looking for some friends Looming to lose about 20 lbs and tone up please add me
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    m31hzsxxtdws.png
    Victory shot of my wife and I at the Chicago Beast last weekend. Glorious day!

AWESOME JOB! AROO!!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 Off Day Stretch"=Done!
    last week of this Asylum hybrid!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Love the photo!

My husband flies here in about 90 minutes. We get one more night in our (old) house and then we fly to new adventures tomorrow. I have MISSED him like CRAZY! We have NEVER been apart this long! And, my gawd, I am missing my teenagers enough that my tummy is sick. :( I have never been apart from them, like this or for this long and even with texting and facetime, it is NOT enough and I want to hug them and smell them and generally be in their vicinity.

Life is TOO short to spend time apart. Period.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Sports Performance Assessment & Relief"=Done!
    that was rough!!! numbers went up though...some just a little, some A LOT! surprised myself! LOL!

Agility Heisman-Day 1=7...Today=9
    In & Out Ab Progression-Day 1=44...Today=51
    Pull Ups-Day 1=29 (with a drop at 25)...Today=31(!!!!!!!)no drop! A PERSONAL BEST (though totally wrecked now)
    Mountain Climber Switch Kicks-Day 1=69...Today=81
    Agility Shoulder Taps-Day 1=5...Today=5 1/2. I'll take it!
    X Jumps-Day 1=39...today=45
    Moving Push Ups-Day 1=4...Today=5
    Agility Lateral Shuffle-Day 1=14...Today=15
    Agility Bear Crawl-Day 1=8...Today=9

still shocked with those pull ups. last 2-3 were tough to squeak out, but got 'em just as he called time! maybe because i'm a few pounds lighter now...
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    that was rough!!! numbers went up though...some just a little, some A LOT! surprised myself! LOL!

Pull Ups-Day 1=29 (with a drop at 25)...Today=31(!!!!!!!)no drop! A PERSONAL BEST (though totally wrecked now)

still shocked with those pull ups. last 2-3 were tough to squeak out, but got 'em just as he called time! maybe because i'm a few pounds lighter now...

Outstanding!!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    gam3rguy wrote: »

Outstanding!!!

thanks. I SOOOO felt that ALL day yesterday! :p

"Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 X Trainer & Relief"=Done!
    that's a rough one. though, I don't dread moving matrix push ups anymore. I can get through them all now. it's hard...and EVERYTHING burns, but I get through them all.

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Strength, Vol 2 Ab Shredder & Vol 1 Relief"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Speed & Agility, Vol 2 Pure Contact & Vol 1 Relief"=Done!
    one week since killing my Fitbit. probably not gonna replace it. not any time soon at least.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 2 Off Day Stretch & Championship + Fit Test"=Done! I got it back up to 9 rounds on the Fit Test! that ends this Asylum Hybrid round!!
    tomorrow is the Spartan Stadium Sprint down in Philly! Sunday...I slack!!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Trying a lite lifting session, today....it’s been five weeks of unplanned “break”.

Also, I am switching up my workout schedule. Will be M/W/F - like it was four years ago.

BOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity Max: 30 Cardio Challenge & P90 Sculpt B"=Done!