Yes you CAN gain weight

Options

Replies

• dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Grambo54 wrote: »
    "You are extremely annoying. You’re like a troll, on every post where anybody says they are having trouble gaining weight." Are you talking to me??

Pretty sure she was. What you gonna do about it?
  • Grambo54
    Grambo54 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Haha. Would like to make sure before I comment!
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I always thought I was a hard gainer or had a fast metabolism, until I came here and started tracking my food and also tracking my activity levels wygh fitbit. It turned out I'd been under eating and was also far more active than I realised.
    I have now gained weight but, to those who say (to people saying they can't gain) : eat more - for some of us it's not as simple as that. I'm not a volume eater and really struggle to eat more food than I want to. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. Also many of the calorie dense foods can still fill you up if you don't have a big appetite. I've developed my own strategies for getting more food in but for some of us, it's a struggle
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I don't know enough about the research on body types. I know that for years I thought I couldn't gain weight but have now found I can - if I eat enough. But, some days it's a struggle. For me, a treat day is when I take a day off from logging and just eat what I want, when I want, without worrying about whether I've taken in enough calories.
This discussion has been closed.