You Know You're Getting Old When......

Options

Replies

• mojo4717
    mojo4717 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    When you keep your socks on in bed cause you can’t bend over and each your toes in the mornings
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    mojo4717 wrote: »
    When you keep your socks on in bed cause you can’t bend over and each your toes in the mornings

That's really old....or dead.
  • mojo4717
    mojo4717 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    mojo4717 wrote: »

That's really old....or dead.

😂
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    You feel like the days, weeks and years are going by too fast.

When you and your spouse (or SO) stop buying gifts for each other, because you already have bought whatever it was you wanted.
  • hikinggal11
    hikinggal11 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You are at a finally at a position in your life to get a Russian Tortoise (such amazing, cool pets) but you can't because most likely it will out live you (40 year life span)
  • Ghostofachance
    Ghostofachance Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    When you're walking around with coins in your pocket thinking about how nice one of those football-shaped change holders would be.
  • tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    When you're walking around with coins in your pocket thinking about how nice one of those football-shaped change holders would be.

I have been carrying one for the past 2-3 years.

Pink no less, because I am a secure man. I'm also colorblind, so it doesn't really matter to me.

abtddapiucl0.jpg
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I feel old when I catch myself saying “ I use to wear that” or “ wow that’s back in style”.

Spice girl shoes are back ( platforms)
    When you see teenagers wearing fila and champion attire... and you already been there done that.

When you hear backstreet boys have been around for over 20 years.

• tenkides
    tenkides Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    You know you're getting old when dinner conversations revolve around body functions (or lack of), what new meds the doctor has put you on, and what Medicare plan you're going to sign up for in December.

Every day. I'm 21. But with epilepsy that made my mind and some days my body that way
  • alexa0ne
    alexa0ne Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You are enjoying quilting compared before. Also, when you prefer sleeping than going to a party during wekends.
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    ...the only songs you can sing along with are on the oldies station nh6pkon2e05o.png
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    When friends and family members kids get taller than you...and can hold an interesting conversation
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    ... your child invites to their retirement party. :/
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    When you hire a cleaning person and a lawn service because although you have the time to do these things, you no longer have the energy.

• Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    When you receive this magazine in the mail...(my grandma just got it yesturday)...called "Old Farts, New Solutions"
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    When you hire a cleaning person and a lawn service because although you have the time to do these things, you no longer have the energy.

I don't have the time, nor the desire. Still have to hire someone...
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    .....you are going to a concert this evening at 8pm and you're planning on taking a nap after work so you can stay awake for the whole concert.

Not a Joke. Leaving work at 2. Taking a nap. Going to see Greta Van Fleet at 8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJg4OJxp-co

Ooooooooh!!!! :D This is the best kinda evening to be rested up for, no matter how old you are. I bet that show will be great!!! Take some pics and post please. :)

You know you're getting old when you know you won't be able to "take pics and post them please". Have yet to take a selfie.

Boooooh! :Dhttps://youtu.be/Tda3oIa1KLc ;) Here's the show you attended. Just incase you fell asleep.

Didn't fall asleep. They were great.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Fighting for vs fighting with becomes a no brainier.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    You hear your favorite song from high school on the classic rock station, at first you think it's ridiculous that they'd put a song that isn't even that old on the classic rock station, then you remember how long you've been out of high school 😬