Maintainers Weekly Check In - September 2018

Options

Replies

• sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Loving some of these nuggets of positivity this week - it showcases the knowledge you gain from a commitment to Maintenance.

@pkweier - love your logic about knowing you didn’t eat 14,000 calories. That’s the right way to tackle the mind games with the scale!

@hesn92 - congrats on transitioning to no calorie counting successfully! That’s a great achievement!

@icemom011 - great attitude about your Maintenance range. I like that you’re holding yourself accountable and committing to a new goal!
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Name: Lisa
    Height: 5'2 1/2"
    Total Weight lost: 5 kilos
    Time it took to lose: 3 months
    How long in maintenance: a few years
    Maintenance weight range: 52-54 kilos (around 115-119 lbs)

Average weight in 2017 estimate- was not doing regular weekly weigh-ins: 56

Average weight January: 58.9 (highest in 30 years!)
    Average weight in February 56.1 kilos
    Average weight in March 55.5 kilos
    Average weight in April 56.8 kilos
    Average weight in May 56.8 kilos
    Average weight in June 56.7 kilos (125.2 lbs)
    Average weight in July 57
    Average weight in August 57

Week of...
    September 1: ?
    September 8: ?
    September 15: 58.6 kilos, 129 lbs :(:'(
    September 22:
    September 29:

Successes of the week:
    I was away by the seaside all week and got about 15000 steps average in per day at least. For little swims daily and one hike of about 80 minute with very steep hills, and another of about 3 hours with some hills.

Struggles of the week:
    Weight is way up again. I'm totally bummed about that. Back from vacation I have so much work. On vacation I had the impression that I didn't eat that much, but did have a small frozen yogurt with light toppings most days. Breakfasts were big on 4 days (eggs, plain yogurt, thin slice of cheese, lighter than wasa-type cracker, fruit, juice, plain yogurt, cappuccino no sugar), normal 2 days (cereal, w yogurt/soy milk, fruit), light one day (1 small plain yogurt, figs and capuccino)- lunches lightish/normal, (cucumber-tuna, olive oil-beans, no bread ) and most often I'd skip dinner, but eat a banana/fruit and possibly some rice cakes if still hungry.
    I used to always lose weight on vacation with all the physical activity. For past 20 years I used to not gain weight pas 57 kilos. (I would always get sick, stomach ache or sore throat, if I ate too much, and couldn't eat any more.)
    Now that natural limit doesn't seem to be there and my low metabolism seems to have gotten even lower. I'm finding it hard to count and control so much. It's true when I lost the 5k some years ago I was often a bit hungry by the end of the day. I did ww which gave free fruit, so I'd eat a banana or two if needed. and dinner was often veggies with 2T of parmesan, as points needed to be so low for me to lose. Now it seems harder though. Maybe I'm hungrier too. I find it's just too much stress to be hungry/always watch food, in addition to work pressure. Feels like there's no relaxing.

Hopefully I'll get through this somehow but not sure how. Now the busy period of work is starting up. The next 10 days are more full than they should be. Not thrilled about that.

Definitely thinking of making my maintenance range higher.

Just found this, below on line. So I'm way over for all except BMI. That seems like reality. I think Bmi is kind of a trap since the range is huge. (+35% in same BMI range! yet + 35% is not the same health situation).

Which formula do you find most appropriate for your weight?

Based on the Broca formula, your ideal weight is 107.72 lbs.
    Based on the Devine formula, your ideal weight is 110.45 lbs.
    Based on the Robinson formula, your ideal weight is 115.52 lbs.
    Based on the Miller formula, your ideal weight is 123.06 lbs.
    Based on the Hamwi formula, your ideal weight is 110 lbs.
    Based on the Lemmens formula, your ideal weight is 120.28 lbs.
    Based on the BMI range formula, your ideal weight is between 101.15 lbs and 136.69 lbs.

Then this, about 2 lbs higher all around
    Based on the Robinson formula (1983), your ideal weight is 53.4 kgs (117)
    Based on the Miller formula (1983), your ideal weight is 56.6 kgs (124.8)
    Based on the Devine formula (1974), your ideal weight is 51.5 kgs (113.5)
    Based on the Hamwi formula (1964), your ideal weight is 51.2 kgs (113.5)
    Based on the healthy BMI recommendation, your recommended weight is 46.8 kgs (103) - 63.2 (139) kgs

I just did measurements. According to rough measurements I have 25.5% body fat. That means, if calculations are correct, probably about 32.9 lbs of body fat, and about 96 pounds of lean muscle, bones, organs, skin and other needed parts.

On another chart and scale it's 28.6% fat, with 38.2 lbs of fat (16.7 k). 92.3 lbs of other stuff (muscles, bones, etc.) (41.9k) and says I should lose 1.3k or 3 lbs for my body size and age. (some charts seem to be indulgent with age, basing on what exists rather than ideal, but maybe they should be since it's so hard to lose for some).

I think that's erroneous. 20-24% seems to be fit range. So 20% would be 52.5 close to my listed range.

What amount of body fat do you aim for?
  • bananasandoranges
    edited September 2018
    Options
    And 55.1 would be top of maintenance range.
    So I'm going to switch my range from past 52-54 to
    52.5 to 55.1 k, or
    115.7-121.5 lbs.
    That seems more realistic. I still have 7.5 lbs to lose as of today. :/ and still have gained a lot during both last vacations. :/
  • bananasandoranges
    edited September 2018
    Options
  • stephenearllucas
    stephenearllucas Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Name: Stephen
    Height: 6'2"
    Total weight lost: 71 lbs.
    How long in maintenance: 1 year, 8 months
    Maintenance weight range: 180-185

Average weight recorded from January: 179.5
    Average weight recorded from February: 181.2
    Average weight recorded from March: 181.1
    Average weight recorded from April: 182.2
    Average weight recorded from May: 184.0
    Average weight recorded from June: 186.4
    Average weight recorded from July: 188.3
    Average weight recorded from August: 191.7

Week of...
    September 2: 191.5
    September 9: 193.9
    September 16: 194.8
    September 23:
    September 30:

• pkweier
    pkweier Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Lisa,
    I totally understand only mine was one day of gain. Most likely water weight and extra salt in your system give it 2 weeks and take it from there. I'm trying to not panic when I see numbers raise it is a struggle of mine, if after 2 to 3 weeks of eating normal again it's still there then take action. I've learn thanks to this site to not give in and get back on track right away after a over eating time.
  • aimeetu
    aimeetu Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    Name: Hannah
    Height: 5'10"
    Total weight lost: 25lb
    Time it took to lose: 1.5 years
    How long in maintenance: 14 months
    Maintenance weight range: 152-156
    Average weight recorded from 2017 (12 months): I don't know

Average weight recorded from January:
    Average weight recorded from February:
    Average weight recorded from March:
    Average weight recorded from April: 155.57
    Average weight recorded from May: 156.6
    Average weight recorded from June: 156
    Average weight recorded from July: 157.1
    Average weight recorded from August: 157

Week of...
    September 2: 155.7 (trend 156.3)
    September 9:
    September 16:
    September 23:
    September 30:

Success/ Struggles of the week:

Haven't been participating the last couple months but I'm back. I think this helps me stay accountable. I haven't been logging my food the last few weeks, but instead keeping a pen and paper food diary (just jotting down what I'm eating, not weighing or measuring). I'm trying to figure out how to maintain my weight without tracking my calories. I find counting calories to be too obsessive and soul-sucking lol.

I'm happy to see my weight jump back down. It had been creeping up the past several months.

Hannah it is so refreshing to see some who also did a slow and steady lose. It took me a bit under 2 years to lose 30 lbs. I am happy it took this long because I know it's going to stick. Good luck!!
  • microwhisper
    microwhisper Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    @LivingtheLeanDream thanks for the advice! It seems like you were right 😉