How do you weigh your banana?

Options
endermako
endermako Posts: 787 Member
edited September 2018 in Food and Nutrition
Peel on or off? I'm usually in a hurry in the morning so I weigh with the peel on but I feel I may be missing out on extra calories by weighing the peel. How do you weigh it?

Replies

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Weigh banana with peel, peel and eat banana, weigh peel.
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Weigh the banana, peel & eat it, weigh the peel then subtract. It's quite a bit you'd be adding if you use the weight with the peel.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    You would weigh the edible portion...
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I weigh it with a scale.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Weighing the peel on a banana is tantamount to weighing the container your food comes in and counting it as extra calories.
  • fraukazi
    fraukazi Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Bananas I have weighed were between 80-120g, so I log them as 100g, unless they are very big.
    The small cal difference should be offset by any movement during the day, that doesn't get logged
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    I usually eat my bananas at home so peel it and weigh the banana all by its lonesone.
  • Mommytyme
    Mommytyme Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Funny, I weight it with the peel on (in the a.m.before work) and consume it usually during my lunch break. I've never thought twice about it. I just take it for what the scale reads. I usually have a calorie deficit at the end of the night so those few calories (from the peel) I don't worry about. How much can they be? - insert answers below.. Now I'm curious 🤔
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Well, since about a hundred people here are telling you the same thing over and over again, I may as well add my two cents: peel the banana, weigh the rest, then uh, eat it (the banana, not the peel). :)

Wait, your susposed to peel it before you eat it? Dang, I knew I was missing something!😁
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    I eat one almost every morning. I peel down one side and throw that peel away. Pull the rest of the peel off and set it on the scale, inside up. Turn on the scale and it reads zero. set my banana on the peel and weigh it.