Anyone cutting after a bulk?

Options

Replies

• Tic78
    Tic78 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    @sardelsa looking sharp 💪 and ready for maintenance imo

I’ve made it to 165lbs. That’s 22lbs loss in last 19 weeks, inc initial water weight. First diet break is for a week starting this Sunday, really looking forward to it.

I think when I’m back my holiday it will be maintenance for me.

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    steveko89 wrote: »
    showjack70 wrote: »
    Currently cutting after an accidental bulk. :/:/

^^^ My last two years in a nutshell.

Me three. Looking great @sardelsa !
  • sniper300_Rum
    sniper300_Rum Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Im trying to cut then bulk
  • sniper300_Rum
    sniper300_Rum Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Ive went from 288lbs all the way down to 253lbs but cant break past the 250 make but at that weight for 3 months now
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Tic78 wrote: »
    @sardelsa looking sharp 💪 and ready for maintenance imo

I’ve made it to 165lbs. That’s 22lbs loss in last 19 weeks, inc initial water weight. First diet break is for a week starting this Sunday, really looking forward to it.

I think when I’m back my holiday it will be maintenance for me.

Thanks!

Awesome stuff. Diet breaks are the best
  • sardelsa
    Options
    steveko89 wrote: »
    showjack70 wrote: »
    Currently cutting after an accidental bulk. :/:/

^^^ My last two years in a nutshell.

Me three. Looking great @sardelsa !
    Thank you :)
  • sardelsa
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    So currently sitting around 133lbs. I haven't been weighing regularly, also due to my decrease in workout volume my weight dropped so I know it's not actual fat loss.

But here is my progress right now. I'm going to be heading into maintenance very soon, hopefully!

lzlpzb0wi180.jpg

Impressive as always.

Thanks, as always :)
  • sardelsa
    Options
    Nice @psuLemon!

Back on the cutting train after a 2 week diet break. It was nice to have that time off, but ready to get back into the groove. It is hard now that fall has arrived. Thanksgiving, Halloween, Christmas. So many Birthday Parties. Lots of goodies around every corner!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Nice @psuLemon!

Back on the cutting train after a 2 week diet break. It was nice to have that time off, but ready to get back into the groove. It is hard now that fall has arrived. Thanksgiving, Halloween, Christmas. So many Birthday Parties. Lots of goodies around every corner!

You are telling me. I had two rough weeks with compliance a bit, and i have both my kids birthdays coming up in November (they are a week apart), and Disney. My goal is to make small gains through the holidays and cut hard after for the spring and assess from there. But still hoping for about 5 lbs down before Disney.
  • manowarrule2003
    manowarrule2003 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Im in two minds.... Ive managed to gain 8 to 10 pounds in roughly 2 and a half months. And i sure aint the leanest ive ever been... But winter is coming. Do some people just say screw it and carry on bulking over the winter? Ive never had to contemplate actually losing weight before as im currently only 11 stone 4 ish at 6ft tall. I guess im just ranting cus its something new im experiencing. Just paranoid if i did a "mini cut' for a few weeks id literally be back where I started 2 and a half months ago.....and i love the strength gains 😁
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    SW: 182.5
    Week 1:181.8
    Week 2: 180.3
    Week 3: 179.4
    Week 4: 179.0
    Week 5: 180.1
    Week 6: 179.0
    Week 7: 178.4
    Week 8: 180.4

It's gonna be one of those weeks again where I have bunch of water weight from a few bad days of slightly overeating. Yesterday it was 182.5, so the water weight is coming off, but I am trying to keep honest.
  • Tic78
    Tic78 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Feel your pain, I’ve just finished a weeks diet break and have put on 7.6lbs 😭

Assuming it’s mainly water weight, went from 2300 calories to 4000+ but the food increase was mainly carbs. The numbers say it should be water but will see how long it takes to get back down.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    SW: 182.5
    Week 1:181.8
    Week 2: 180.3
    Week 3: 179.4
    Week 4: 179.0
    Week 5: 180.1
    Week 6: 179.0
    Week 7: 178.4
    Week 8: 180.4

It's gonna be one of those weeks again where I have bunch of water weight from a few bad days of slightly overeating. Yesterday it was 182.5, so the water weight is coming off, but I am trying to keep honest.

This is me all the way, I've lost about 7lbs in the last 5 months, but oh does it seem like I'm going nowhere every Monday when I'm up 2-3lbs...

Cutting back down after bulking has been the hardest part of the whole trip... I lost about 180lbs initially and have been bulking and cutting back down since... This is my second cut after my initial loss
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Started my cut a bit early a couple of weeks ago. Had to miss a week from the gym because of a family emergency. I don't eat well when I'm stressed so decided it would be a great time to start. Lost 3 pounds the first week. 4.5 pounds this last week.

Start 212 lbs
    end week 1: 209
    end week 2: 204.5

My goal is 200 but I'm going to drop to 195 as I know I'll gain at least 5 of those back within the first week of going back to maintenance.

Not really a true RFL this cut, but high protein, low fat, 100-200g of carbs. 2500 calories. I do not eat back exercise calories but I also don't do cardio. 10 fish oil caps a day since my fat consumption is so low. I'm hoping that helps stave off the crunchies in my elbows this time. I made the mistake of thinking I didn't need it.

Lifts not suffering yet nor have I decreased volume. I did have to decrease volume a bit last time, but that was only after a couple of months and I never decreased intensity. I have stopped most accessories and concentrating primarily on compounds.
  • sardelsa
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Nice @jseams1234.. just like a bandaid.. one swoop and you are almost at goal :) . I am always tempted to do something more aggressive, it feels like I've been cutting forever over here. :s But then I will try it for a few days and it's like.. nope nope nope :D

Finally back at home. Finally going to finish this beast of a cut. Started a new program today, going to attempt an upper/lower split after years of full body, we will see how it goes ..(can you tell how skeptical I am :p )
  • Grambo54
    Grambo54 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Nice @jseams1234.. just like a bandaid.. one swoop and you are almost at goal :) . I am always tempted to do something more aggressive, it feels like I've been cutting forever over here. :s But then I will try it for a few days and it's like.. nope nope nope :D

Finally back at home. Finally going to finish this beast of a cut. Started a new program today, going to attempt an upper/lower split after years of full body, we will see how it goes ..(can you tell how skeptical I am :p )

A split is a good idea. Work your split on weaker (smaller) muscle groups. Go for proportion. What are your weakest muscle groups. Train them first in your workout eg if biceps are weak thats your first exercise, while energy is high. Do back on another day. When you split you work each muscle group harder so get the rest and recuperation.

• sardelsa
    Options
    Grambo54 wrote: »

A split is a good idea. Work your split on weaker (smaller) muscle groups. Go for proportion. What are your weakest muscle groups. Train them first in your workout eg if biceps are weak thats your first exercise, while energy is high. Do back on another day. When you split you work each muscle group harder so get the rest and recuperation.

Glutes. Glutes are my weakness.. even if they are not :D
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

lol. Nothing wrong with that. ;)

I think you may like a split (upper/lower?). I found full body to be relatively exhausting after a bit once my intensity climbed past a certain point. It was also a brutally long workout if I wanted to incorporate any real accessory work into it. Recovery feels much more "productive". Let us know what you think after a week or so.
  • sardelsa
    Options
    jseams1234 wrote: »

lol. Nothing wrong with that. ;)

I think you may like a split (upper/lower?). I found full body to be relatively exhausting after a bit once my intensity climbed past a certain point. It was also a brutally long workout if I wanted to incorporate any real accessory work into it. Recovery feels much more "productive". Let us know what you think after a week or so.

Yea exactly! I was finding my back to back glute/lower days becoming really taxing so hopefully this will help.. it kind of spreads things out and allows me to focus more