whos in a plateau?

Options
in weight loss, muscle gain, injury or sports specific

Replies

• ditchdoc94
    ditchdoc94 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure I'm there in weight loss. Down 40 lb on 9-7 still down 40 lb today, kinda discouraged right now.
  • ditchdoc94
    Options
    Yeah, from wife and kids. Do crossfit and get support from "the guys" just disappointed. Had 2 of most rigorous workouts I've done since college football and staying well below my prescribed 3760 cals a day (like usually in 2500 range) and not sure what to change to break plateau
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I find that when I plateau, it's because I've gotten lax in following my program. When I'm on point, my weight does pretty close to what I expect, with the exception of a few days of water retention cause by lifting, or other causes. It all averages out to what I would expect based on effort.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    @L1zardQueen how to you reply like that btw lol

Use the quote button at the bottom of the post you wish to respond to.
  • ditchdoc94
    Options
    6'4 355 right now. Goal weight 250 by next summer. Had hit 40lb mark on 9-7. Best I can do on workout burns is fitbit and check each "log" then total for time I was at class. Usually just use the time I got on the met on. I know there is more burn like warm ups and cool downs
  • ditchdoc94
    Options
    Oh yeah 46years old
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    ditchdoc94 wrote: »
    6'4 355 right now. Goal weight 250 by next summer. Had hit 40lb mark on 9-7. Best I can do on workout burns is fitbit and check each "log" then total for time I was at class. Usually just use the time I got on the met on. I know there is more burn like warm ups and cool downs

How long has your weight not changed? When I started lifting, my weight started dropping in stalls and whooshes. I still get them now and again. No change for 1-2 weeks, then a big drop (several pounds) overnight. There are so many different factors that can lead to a stall.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

How long has your weight not changed? When I started lifting, my weight started dropping in stalls and whooshes. I still get them now and again. No change for 1-2 weeks, then a big drop (several pounds) overnight. There are so many different factors that can lead to a stall.

I think from September 7?
  • ditchdoc94
    Options
    2 weeks now, I don't want to pay too much attention to scale, but that is ultimate goal
  • ditchdoc94
    Options
    I try to in the off weeks like I weighed on 9-7 and today so last week took measurements. I must be pretty inconsistent because my waist went up, arms went down legs up. Not sure how to get body fat measurement.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    2 weeks now, I don't want to pay too much attention to scale, but that is ultimate goal
    How accurate is your calorie counting? Do you eyeball, or pick the the correct items from database? Do you use a food scale? Some enteries are incorrect. Do you weigh your body weight on your scale everyday or once a week?
  • ditchdoc94
    Options
    How accurate is your calorie counting? Do you eyeball, or pick the the correct items from database? Do you use a food scale? Some enteries are incorrect. Do you weigh your body weight on your scale everyday or once a week?

Weigh every other week. Use food scale and measure most stuff. I dont measure salads, not enough calories there to worry about but do measure dressings. All snacks measured, usually grapes, mixed nuts, trail mix or a crunchy vege. log everything, almost to a fault. Log water, been using mio. Log advil, log vitamins
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    I try to in the off weeks like I weighed on 9-7 and today so last week took measurements. I must be pretty inconsistent because my waist went up, arms went down legs up. Not sure how to get body fat measurement.

The tape measure can be very inaccurate too. It's hard to hit the exact same spot every time. Especially as your body changes. I take measurements as well, but less often, and try to not put too much faith in them.