whos in a plateau?

Options

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    ditchdoc94 wrote: »
    2 weeks now, I don't want to pay too much attention to scale, but that is ultimate goal
    How accurate is your calorie counting? Do you eyeball, or pick the the correct items from database? Do you use a food scale? Some enteries are incorrect. Do you weigh your body weight on your scale everyday or once a week?

Weigh every other week. Use food scale and measure most stuff. I dont measure salads, not enough calories there to worry about but do measure dressings. All snacks measured, usually grapes, mixed nuts, trail mix or a crunchy vege. log everything, almost to a fault. Log water, been using mio. Log advil, log vitamins

If you are confident in your logging, I would hold on for a little longer. If you are only weighing periodically there are some additional factors that can influence it. Are you weighing the same time, same clothes, same scale? If not, those can all add a measure of inaccuracy. A higher sodium day the day before weigh in, or a hard workout the day before can increase water retention, masking weight loss. Constipation can also mask weight loss.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    2 weeks now, I don't want to pay too much attention to scale, but that is ultimate goal
    How accurate is your calorie counting? Do you eyeball, or pick the the correct items from database? Do you use a food scale? Some enteries are incorrect. Do you weigh your body weight on your scale everyday or once a week?

Weigh every other week. Use food scale and measure most stuff. I dont measure salads, not enough calories there to worry about but do measure dressings. All snacks measured, usually grapes, mixed nuts, trail mix or a crunchy vege. log everything, almost to a fault. Log water, been using mio. Log advil, log vitamins

I’m with you on the lettuce, I don’t weigh that either. Anything calorie dense, I do though. I’m getting better at eyeballing. It takes practice.

I also weigh everyday, i don’t care if I go up a little. Weight loss does not go down in a straight line, it is bumpy. Look at the big picture.

Sounds like you just need to be patient.
  • ditchdoc94
    ditchdoc94 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'll stay the course. Thanks for the input. May still try to hit one more class a week tho! Thanks guys
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    I'll stay the course. Thanks for the input. May still try to hit one more class a week tho! Thanks guys

good rule of thumb body fat and weight weekly, measurements monthly. all are always inaccurate but it will be a great starting point. just like any scientific analysis documentation is key so keep tracking even your water. if you checked with a DR that you dont have hasimoto or thyroid issue or some disease then you should lose a LB weekly. a lot of times its always meal tracking so take a pic of your meals to see. also change your workout becasue hard workouts or cross fit never help for the average person. another thing might be progressional workout logging

How is crossfit not helpful to the average person? I'm not into crossfit myself, but I'm not clear on what you mean by that statement.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

good rule of thumb body fat and weight weekly, measurements monthly. all are always inaccurate but it will be a great starting point. just like any scientific analysis documentation is key so keep tracking even your water. if you checked with a DR that you dont have hasimoto or thyroid issue or some disease then you should lose a LB weekly. a lot of times its always meal tracking so take a pic of your meals to see. also change your workout becasue hard workouts or cross fit never help for the average person. another thing might be progressional workout logging

How is crossfit not helpful to the average person? I'm not into crossfit myself, but I'm not clear on what you mean by that statement.

crossfit is a progression type workout that deals with a certain energy pathway. most clients or people need to start with functional type workout and grow from there. when the body is not ready or posture is off the body will compensate and overwork the system to utilize energy. and a 400 calorie workout may be a 200 calorie workout based off of energy input output and lactate threshold.

Are you looking for clients?
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    Not on this? Where then?
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    Curious. Your profile is private.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

crossfit is a progression type workout that deals with a certain energy pathway. most clients or people need to start with functional type workout and grow from there. when the body is not ready or posture is off the body will compensate and overwork the system to utilize energy. and a 400 calorie workout may be a 200 calorie workout based off of energy input output and lactate threshold.

But don't most crossfit boxes start with modifications to ensure that people are using correct form? Mainly to reduce injury?
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options

i do motivational speaking and seminars. i only find clients on instagram and google.

Really? Your other profile picture is clearly an ad for your services. "One Complementary Session."

j0fo0fvfiout.jpg
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options

i do motivational speaking and seminars. i only find clients on instagram and google.

Really? Your other profile picture is clearly an ad for your services. "One Complementary Session."

j0fo0fvfiout.jpg

It's funny because my children are working on complementary angles in school. I guess they could hire a trainer to help them work it out.
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »

j0fo0fvfiout.jpg

It's funny because my children are working on complementary angles in school. I guess they could hire a trainer to help them work it out.

That sounds incongruent.