How in the world is this 4000 calories

Options

Replies

• BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options

so, question to all the american pals - is wholefoods known as a low calorie health shop...?? cos all i saw in the dessert section on that website was calorie after yummy calorie of fatness....?

not really understanding how anyone can actually legit think a whole cake covered in frosting is only 400 cals?

Around here (Southern Midwest) it’s a status symbol. We have other local grocery stores that sell better quality and selection for a fraction of the price.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options

OP - it sounds like your WF cake is a calorie-for-calorie bargain... My traditional 6" cakes I make are 8,624 calories total. Light and airy, melt in your mouth like heaven on your tongue.

Beautiful decoration!

How kind of you, thank you :blush:
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    k9xcaw2npxx1.jpg

OP - it sounds like your WF cake is a calorie-for-calorie bargain... My traditional 6" cakes I make are 8,624 calories total. Light and airy, melt in your mouth like heaven on your tongue.

Wow, if I ever have a big anniversary celebration, you are definitely making the cake!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,739 Member
    Options
    k9xcaw2npxx1.jpg

I'll take that cake and eat it too!
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that wants some cake now?!? Big Y makes a similar Italian fruit cake that I'm now craving :D

No. The McDonald's thread made me want this...

3q93lsmkxhq2.jpg

That’s the smell of my alarm clock! Okay, not really, but I live by a McDonald’s that opens about the time I have to get up for the gym. Most mornings in the summer, the smell of cooking bacon and pancakes wafts in right after my alarm goes off. It’s really not a bad way to start the day!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Why choose wjen you can have cake and pie in one - Bakewell Tart qzzhkz351mrw.jpg

That stuff is the best.
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    BTW, the correct answer is carrot cake. It's made with carrots so it's good for you.

TRUTH!
    5ahod09fed3v.png

It's funny because it's probably one of the most calorific cake out there, lol.
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    My stupid mom finds out I'm on a diet and supposedly brings me a healthy cake fro. Whole foods and says its fruit cake and its 400 calories for the entire cake (its 6 inches) and so I being the naive piece of sht that I am ate almost 3/4 of it and heres the link
    https://m.wholefoodsmarket.com/shop/NEW/3202/27925
    How in the world is this small a** cake 4000 calories!!??! It wasnt even dense!! It was one of those airy cakes. How!?!?!?

you saw the cake and didn't think to check out the box to verify the 400 cals for a whole cake far too good to be true statement before you hoovered it up....?

riiiiiight.

There was no box.. she just said it was from whole foods

so, question to all the american pals - is wholefoods known as a low calorie health shop...?? cos all i saw in the dessert section on that website was calorie after yummy calorie of fatness....?

not really understanding how anyone can actually legit think a whole cake covered in frosting is only 400 cals?

Definitely not. Their bakery section is a delicious delicious place with lots of fat and carbs.

Yes - the pictures above make me want to visit. Haven't been to a Whole Foods in years. But just to be fair you can buy fruit/vegetables/other foods with lower caloric density - just at very high prices.