Not Losing?

Options
2»

Replies

• germangirl2007
    germangirl2007 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    You may want to take the time to read this article - it explains every possible reason why you could not be losing weight, and offers helpful advice in overcoming every one of them. The most thorough article of its kind I've ever seen: https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/

Thank you so much! This is definitely the most comprehensive I've ever seen, and honestly, there are probably a handful of things on here or more that apply to me. I will dig in!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,104 Member
    Options
    I weigh 167 and my goal is 140. I’m eating between 1200 and 1300 calories a day. Sometimes i do add more for exercise but on those days i have always finished under goal. I’m either tracking things according to the package (I.e. 1 pkg of oatmeal is 100 calories), or I’m measuring to the extent possible. I’ll scan barcodes or look up nutrition information online if I’m going somewhere. It’s definitely possible that I’m off sometimes, but I’m really diligent about being as accurate as possible and tracking everything. Maybe I’m eating at the wrong times? Does that matter?

You don't mention a food scale ... are you using one?

For your 45-60 min of exercise, how many calories do you think you're burning?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,104 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    You may want to take the time to read this article - it explains every possible reason why you could not be losing weight, and offers helpful advice in overcoming every one of them. The most thorough article of its kind I've ever seen: https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/why-am-i-not-losing-weight/

That is good!
  • kmurray617
    kmurray617 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it doesn't matter what the scale says. You are most likely losing fat and replacing it with muscle. Start measuring yourself instead of weighing yourself and make sure to eat a good amount of protein. I would also advise you to not eat processed foods and if you have time, make as many home made meals as possible! If you're still concerned, i would see a Dr just to make sure you don't have health problems that are preventing you from losing weight.

Good luck!!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    kmurray617 wrote: »
    Honestly, it doesn't matter what the scale says. You are most likely losing fat and replacing it with muscle.
    Unless she ‘forgot’ to mention that she’s taking supraphysical doses of anabolic steroids, that’s definitely not what’s happening. You don’t build muscle at a rate which would offset fat loss while in a caloric deficit.
  • beellllaa
    beellllaa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hope I don't get my head chewed off for this, but the absolute least amount of calories you should be eating a day is 1200 - generally speaking - just to survive. So maybe it would be more beneficial for you to get your body used to eating more food, roughly 1800 or so calories, then do a cut to around 1300 or 1400 a day + exercising.