SAY "NO" TO LATE NIGHT SNACKING -- OCTOBER 2018 CHALLENGE

lamlamsmakeover
lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
Tired of self-sabotaging by munching after dinner? Upset that you double your in-calories at night? Then it's not just me . To get some help (or inspire us by your good example), please join us in this challenge.

You set what you feel is late night snacking. For example, if you have extra calories left for the day, you can have a snack if it's small. Others decide not to eat at a past a certain time. It's up to you.

We go by the formula:
Me: "number indicating how many evenings you stuck to it"
LNS: "number of times late night snacks won"

Example: Me: 2 - LNS: 0 indicates I won the first two nights.

Some people also add a * to the latest number. In the example, that would be
Me: 2 - LNS: 1*
if LNS won the 3rd night.

It's as simple as that. Or as complicated, as you will discover. Nevertheless, the persistence and good results of some of our "old" members (and some people keep coming back) show that the battle is worthwhile .

You will notice some people post streaks of how many days they are free of late night snacking. This is definitely not a requirement, but if you want to do it for motivation, it works well.

Welcome!

Replies

• orngnerdz
    orngnerdz Posts: 583 Member
    Me 15
    LNS 1
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,005 Member
    I'm ready to tackle this month!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    Me: 1
    LNS: 0

Streak: +4
  • Charis50
    Charis50 Posts: 181 Member
    I'll give it a go!

Lns: 0
  • izzyk22
    izzyk22 Posts: 4 Member
    Me 1
    LNS 0
  • huango
  • huango
    My biggest problem is, I wake up in the middle of the night and eat. I seem to have zero control over it... I just wake up and go into auto-pilot mode and head downstairs to the kitchen and eat whatever I can find.

I can't even imagine this.
    I try to not even get out of bed to use the bathroom.

How full are you when you go to bed?
    Have you tried going to bed while really stuffed, then your body may not wake up looking to feed itself?

Can you make it a bit difficult for you to leave your room, or to get into the kitchen/pantry?
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
  • Lora2380
    Lora2380 Posts: 195 Member
    Well, not over cals but I did cave and eat a handful of junk I didn’t need :( not a great way to start off but tomorrow will be a better day.

Me:0
    LNS:1
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,532 Member
    edited October 2018
    I am in again for month two

Day: one

Me: 1*
    LNS: ~0~
  • saltypickle
    saltypickle Posts: 307 Member
    I so need this group.
    Goal: no eating after 8:00 pm on weekdays and 9:00 pm on weekends.
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,079 Member
    ME 1
    LNS 0
  • htdavidson88
    htdavidson88 Posts: 25 Member
    I need this desperately! I am the absolute WORST at this!!!!!!!! I wasn't able to join in yesterday so I'm starting today! Hope that's okay!
  • Heidijens123
    Heidijens123 Posts: 289 Member
    Me 31
    LNS 0
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,841 Member
    My biggest problem is, I wake up in the middle of the night and eat. I seem to have zero control over it... I just wake up and go into auto-pilot mode and head downstairs to the kitchen and eat whatever I can find. It's immensely frustrating for me, because I go to bed each night thinking "I will not eat tonight," but I always fail.

I understand. I did this for over twenty years almost every night and then the desire ended. I don't know why it started or stopped. I tried chain locks on my kitchen cabinets where I kept food, but couldn't chain the fridge. Sometimes I would wake up in the morning wondering if I ate and I could see crumbs on the cabinet and knew that I had. I always felt like it was kind of like sleep walking, sometimes more asleep than other times. I think if it ever starts again, I might try hypnosis. Good luck to you.
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,841 Member
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    LNS: 1

Streak: +1
  • stonesournum1
    stonesournum1 Posts: 5 Member
    LNS is always my downfall! I will begin this challenge 2night!