mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    no
    no filing
    and please please please no plucking
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    I think that is uncouth and unprofessional and all the other un's you can think of. Take that barbarism into the break room and do it over the sink so we really have something to talk about at the Christmas party.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Yes. The more the better. I try to make my cube look like I'm running a wood chipper inside. Shrapnel everywhere. Toes too! *kitten* it, why not, right? I also microwave fish for lunch, even when I don't eat it.

This made me laugh so damn hard
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Didn't think there was a right or wrong about it, but I usually do mine at home.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »
    I don't have an issue with it. I don't understand why people think it's so disgusting. But I can respect that others have different takes on what is disgusting. I don't do it unless it's something that really requires attention right then and there. I wouldn't just make that my regular nail trimming place. Just like I don't usually cut my own hair at my desk. I don't think it would be gross, but I still don' t do it.

I’m with you. I don’t get why it’s gross. I understand that I’m in the minority but for the life of me I can’t figure out what’s gross about it.

Now if someone is clipping their toe nails and they drop them in my Froot Loops.. that’s super not okay, Wanda!
  • glgcam5150
    glgcam5150 Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    What about nail filing? Is this as gross?
    7bb80kmfm3qu.gif

If Your Doing This Way
    It Might Be Frowned Upon
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Ok... so last week one day I woke up with nail polish on that just had to come off...I'd 'patched it' too many times...brought my polish remover to work

...have nail trimmers in my giant girly bag of tricks....did trim one or two (in the x-ray room...not in 'public')
    ...and filed and oiled them

Am I totally gross?
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    @Vikka_V wrote: »
    Ok... so last week one day I woke up with nail polish on that just had to come off...I'd 'patched it' too many times...brought my polish remover to work

...have nail trimmers in my giant girly bag of tricks....did trim one or two (in the x-ray room...not in 'public')

Am I totally gross?

NEW PHONE WHO DIS
    nZmxapr.gif
  • brotato_chip7
    brotato_chip7 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

Am I totally gross?

Yes, K. You gross...lol.
  • caco_ethes
    Options

Am I totally gross?

Nope. Still not gross.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    My work takes me into other work places. Just saw a lady clipping her nails a few minutes ago, and I smiled as I remembered this discussion. :)
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I keep thinking about Clip Art when I see this thread.

It's not gross to clip your fingernails at work. But best to do it outside and on a break. NOT on the companies time. That's rude.

@caco_ethes people are probably grossed out by it because of it's blatant misuse of company time.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I keep thinking about Clip Art when I see this thread.

It's not gross to clip your fingernails at work. But best to do it outside and on a break. NOT on the companies time. That's rude.

@caco_ethes people are probably grossed out by it because of it's blatant misuse of company time.

Ohhhh then I totally get it. None of us here would ever misuse company time
  • brotato_chip7
    brotato_chip7 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    False. Nothing to do with that. It's just disgusting.
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    @iMago wrote: »

Am I totally gross?

NEW PHONE WHO DIS
    nZmxapr.gif

I know right!
    Shame... Shame... Shame
    I am totally humble right now!

... In my defence tho, I hate chipped polish and unkept nails, I can't stand it, I feel like a tacky hoe (not in a good way, I sometimes like a bit of tacky!)

Sooo, which is worse? Going about life and my day with tacky chipped nail polish, or hiding at work and taking care of that *kitten*?!

And while we're talking tacky, 'cause I brought it there...how do you feel about yesterday's eyeliner remnants still smudged on (after 2 showers, I'm not an animal!)?

I like it
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    False. Nothing to do with that. It's just disgusting.

Youuuu
    r mom is disgusting
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options

Am I totally gross?

NEW PHONE WHO DIS
    nZmxapr.gif

I know right!
    Shame... Shame... Shame

... In my defence tho, I hate chipped polish and unkept nails, I can't stand it, I feel like a tacky hoe (not in a good way, I sometimes like a bit of tacky!)

Sooo, which is worse? Going about life and my day with tacky chipped nail polish, or hiding at work and taking care of that *kitten*?!

And while we're talking tacky, 'cause I brought it there...how do you feel about yesterday's eyeliner remnants still smudged on (after 2 showers, I'm not an animal!)?

I like it

r9m08cj5643v.jpg

gdzvgpz8lpbv.jpg

tbxoilzvi7xt.jpg
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

Am I totally gross?

NEW PHONE WHO DIS
    nZmxapr.gif

I know right!
    Shame... Shame... Shame

I like it

Don’t let these dudes make you feel gross, I mean we’re talking about humans who scratch and adjust their junk wherever they please. You do your polish and your oil and your slutty eyeliner, I dig it

I feel an overwhelming sense of pride that you called me (or my makeup) "slutty"!!

I borderline want to show you the red fishnets and cat ear headband I bought from the dollar store right now!!