Beachbody Support Group 2018

Replies

• RollTideHusker
    RollTideHusker Posts: 231 Member
    Back up and running- got the PlayStation hooked up 😃. Today I did Alpha Total Body.

Keep going. Stay Focused. You’ve got this! 😎
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    edited September 2018
    sophia162 wrote: »
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    sophia162 wrote: »
    MaddyT122 wrote: »
    Hi there! I am looking at joining up on Beachbody on Demand. I prefer to do strength training over cardio as I really hate cardio though I do get some in anyway. Can anyone recommend any particular strength training workout that they have tried and found really works for them? I don;t want to sign up unless I know this will have what I am looking for. Thanks!

I'm doing 80 Days Obsession and it's very strength training focused. It has you working out 6 days a week, and only 2 of those 6 days are cardio... and it's body weight, hiit, challenging cardio!

You need dumbbells though, lots of different weights (or mountable ones like me, which is a hassle, but it's what I got).

The program is fun, effective and dynamic... at first I found it not to be challenging enough, but I was wrong. It creeps up on you. The key is to constantly up the weights, assuring you're giving it your all.

Also, P90x has a focus on strength training, I've heard pretty good comments, but I haven't done it.

Good luck!

P90X is a pretty epic mix of EVERYTHING. I've also done X-2, X-3 and X+. so, any q's just ask.

Cool. I thought P90X was just about the ole' strength training.

I'm midway through 80 Days Obsession (with T25 thrown in for cardio)... I've done Insanity before and had a blast (I threw in some strength training on my own that time)... I think the next one I'll try is P90x! I'd love to follow a program that's very complete, you know? So I could just do that in the day and be done with it. If it's a mix of everything, it sounds like just what I need. I've developed quite a taste for these programs, because I don't have to think about structuring them... I just merrily follow along haha, videos are fun and motivating. Thanks for the info!
    you get your weights, your cardio (though after insanity, you'll find "Cardio-X" & "Kenpo-X" a bit weak), your plyometrics, yoga, core, stretch (feels like more yoga)...the works!

"Focus T25: Alpha Lower Focus & P90 Sweat B/Ab Ripper B"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "Insanity Max: 30 Pulse & P90 Sculpt B"=Done!
  • RollTideHusker
    Beta Speed 2.0 is done.
    Next week I’ll be back to my modified workout. 😃
  • Whey125
    Whey125 Posts: 189 Member
    Max 30 friday fight 1 completed. Month 2 starts next week!
  • jlambert77
    jlambert77 Posts: 77 Member
    I'm starting Round 2 of Liift4 on Monday with a group of clients, if you're interested in joining!
  • jlambert77
    jlambert77 Posts: 77 Member
    I'm on Day 50 80 day obsession, and planning what's next. I want to burn more fat and preserve muscle size.

Btw does anyone follow the diet plan with no Shakeology, but still weigh, measure, and count calories for their portions? I feel like I need a solid plan.

I finished Liift4 (early access..) and lost 13lbs and 10.5inches... and at the time, I wasn't using shakeology, just the nutrition plan provided by Joel :)

Message me if you want to ask any more questions, I'm happy to chat!
  • gam3rguy
    "Insanity: Plyometrics Cardio Circuit"=Done! WITH THE DVD!

I was going to follow it up with the P90 Saturday Special...but the stupid On Demand had other ideas. sometimes I can get it to work...and sometimes not. It ran smooth as hell all week...and today all I get is that stupid spinning hourglass or an error message. Maybe I'll try later...and maybe @!#% on demand. I'll see what kind of mood I'm in.
  • gam3rguy
    “P90 Saturday Special”=Done!
    I guess On Demand had enough rest and decided to work. loaded up and ran all the way through with no issues this time.
  • gam3rguy
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Relief"=Done!
  • pjmfitforme
    pjmfitforme Posts: 161 Member
    jlambert77 wrote: »
    I'm starting Round 2 of Liift4 on Monday with a group of clients, if you're interested in joining!

I plan on starting tomorrow. I have BOD
  • gam3rguy
    "Insanity Max: 30 Sweat Intervals & LIIFT4: Week 1 Day 1: Chest/Triceps – LIIFT 50/50"=Done!
  • RollTideHusker
    Beta Dynamic Core finished! 🙂

I wish we had good internet. I’d love to try the On Demand service.
  • gam3rguy
    Beta Dynamic Core finished! 🙂

I wish we had good internet. I’d love to try the On Demand service.
    my internet isn't good. sometimes On Demand runs smooth...like today, other times it won't run at all. sometimes I get half way through and it starts getting stuck. it's frustrating when it's not working properly...and I'm not a fan of any streaming or download "service".
    that said, I'm not "committing" to ANY full program that I don't have a hard copy of. I'll just go along as I'm able.

• gam3rguy
    edited October 2018
    "SHAUN WEEK: INSANE FOCUS Insane Weights & LIIFT4: Week 1 Day 2: Back/Biceps – Circuit"=Done!
  • RollTideHusker
    Today was Beta Ript Circuit. Great workout and I sweated a lot.

@gam3rguy I much prefer having the hard copy too 🙂 I’m saving up for Shawn T’s Max 30! Something new to kick my butt!!
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Can you get toned and in Shape with beach body?
  • gam3rguy
    edited October 2018
    Today was Beta Ript Circuit. Great workout and I sweated a lot.

@gam3rguy I much prefer having the hard copy too 🙂 I’m saving up for Shawn T’s Max 30! Something new to kick my butt!!
    MAX: 30 will do just that. I don't know if the team beachbody site still does it, but they used to have a summer and a winter sale. I picked up Asylum Vol 1+2 & MAX: 30 SUPER CHEAP. and I almost feel like I stole T25 and P90X2! any coaches on here know if they still do that?

• gam3rguy
    "SHAUN WEEK: INSANE FOCUS Pure Cardio 2"=Done!
    I spent WAY too much time fighting with the On Demand today. settings said I was connected and my connection was "very good"...still wouldn't load. :s
    I ended up going to my back room, where the computer lives...and banged it out there. not the best room as it's smaller and has a lower ceiling. yes I hit the ceiling today...more than once. :s
  • RollTideHusker
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    MAX: 30 will do just that. I don't know if the team beachbody site still does it, but they used to have a summer and a winter sale. I picked up Asylum Vol 1+2 & MAX: 30 SUPER CHEAP. and I almost feel like I stole T25 and P90X2! any coaches on here know if they still do that?
    Thanks for the info! I will keep a watch for the sales, if they still do them 🙂

Gamma Extreme Circuit is done! I forgot how intense that one was. I sweat a lot and got through it.