KETO SUCCESS

Options

Replies

• shelbyhebert08
    shelbyhebert08 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been keto for just about a month. I'm down 15lb. I lost a bulk in the firest 2 weeks and been averaging 3lb a week ever since. I'm super happy with the keto lifestyle and results.
  • sgtx81
    sgtx81 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I love seeing how well everyone is doing with Keto!
  • Cheilsea
    Cheilsea Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    1PoisonIvy wrote: »
    Struggling to understand what everyone eats

I found this incredibly helpful, maybe you will too.

https://ruled.me/ketogenic-diet-food-list/
  • Zoopiex
    Zoopiex Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started Keto yesterday. I've tried a few times in the past to get started - but, then I cheat on the weekend and blow it. But - I really want to lose the weight as I'm the heaviest I've been at 163.5 (5'4). Thanks for this post. I love seeing the results with and without workout and also the go to foods! That helps a lot. I do plan to work out some - mostly elliptical and walking. I'll add that as I get further into this diet. Anyone who wants to share food diaries - feel free to friend me. I'm always looking for ideas.
  • theabsentmindednurse
    Options
    Okay. I am considering giving Keto a try.
    Have signed up eating plans and nutrition advice.
    So I would like to ask guys.
    With a foods of a higher fat ratio, is it difficult to stay within 1250 calories a day?
    Particularly if I wanted a balanced eating plan?
  • DoxiePupMom
    DoxiePupMom Posts: 7 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Started Keto 6 weeks ago and down 20. I feel much better with more energy and stay full. Tried keto not just to loose weight but to control PCOS and cancer. I am a cancer patient and cancer thrives on sugar/glucose. If you need food ideas for keto, try Maria Emmerich's cookbooks on Amazon....all excellent and give you some fast creative alternatives to high carb foods. The Low Carb Maven and Ditch the Carbs websites also have some good ideas.
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Started Keto 6 weeks ago and down 20. I feel much better with more energy and stay full. Tried keto not just to loose weight but to control PCOS and cancer. I am a cancer patient and cancer thrives on sugar/glucose. If you need food ideas for keto, try Maria Emmerich's cookbooks on Amazon....all excellent and give you some fast creative alternatives to high carb foods. The Low Carb Maven and Ditch the Carbs websites also have some good ideas.
    Hugs and kick cancers butt dear!
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Here is my keto dinner around 3g carbs eggs cooked in muffin tin turkey bacon but you could have regular bacon and low carb biscuit made with coconut flour with butter
    cxx6uai8zzi8.jpeg
  • tinaholman1
    tinaholman1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started KETO in July, but then stopped when I went on vacation. Took a few weeks to get back into habit so officially about 70 days. I've lost 12 pounds, but have been working on dialing in my calories. I've also cheated a couple of times.
  • Everyonelies
    Everyonelies Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Started Keto on 9/24/18-exactly a week ago...as of this morning...down exactly 7lbs!
  • DW1Texas
    DW1Texas Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Started KETO 8 weeks ago exactly and am down 53 lbs as of this morning. Log food and exercise every day. Try to swim every day but with the weather getting colder have to move to the elliptical and some free weight work.
  • miss_boof
    miss_boof Posts: 45 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I really like Keto. I do notice that I have a hard time running, even now. I tend to more walks, between 1.5 and 2.5 miles long, with a weight vest. But I can run a little over a mile and not want to die now, which is great!

Before- I am on the left
    yr3cdhw7hx3o.png

86 days on keto- 28 pounds down
    bn2bqzal5dsj.png

• bowling_king_82
    bowling_king_82 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Started 8/6, 33lbs lost. I exercise occasionally (normally when I'm not running 4 kids to their several activities)
  • charliebaxter
    charliebaxter Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    On Keto .....do you still calculate calories how do you know how much to eat? Thank you and totally eliminating fruit is it healthy?
  • keishkeish
    keishkeish Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hey if anyone wants to be Keto-Pal please add me. I'm challenging myself to finish the year on Keto.
    Thus far my plan is:
    No fruits
    Lots of Avocado, eggs, bacon & turkey bacon, water and bouillon
    using my crook-pot when i'm out of ideas on meal
    only broccoli, cauliflower, romaine lettuce and kale.

It will definitely be an interesting end of year. :)
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Cheilsea wrote: »
    Hi all, I am just getting started with the Keto diet as well. Would anyone mind sharing their go-to foods? Also, what do you use in place of milk? I usually try to drink 1-2 glasses of grass fed whole milk a day to help with my bone/teeth strength and am worried about that. Do you just supplement with Calcium? Thanks for your help!

While I do take several plant based supplements after having being in a state of nutritional ketosis for 4 years now for better health at the age of 67. Magnesium seems to be my most important supplement. Vitamin D3 requires magnesium to do its thing. I do a lot of Half and Half in my coffee (about 1200-1500 of my daily calories) and my Calcium levels annually are Within Normal Limits.

Great to hear you are off to a good start. I screwed up this Way Of Eating many times in the first 90 days or even the first year until it all because automated by my brain through habit. The Keto WOE is working out for me and I plan to do it for life.

By the way it was day 45 before I lost the first pound but I lost much of my fat face even before the weight loss started. While I do not do the Keto WOE for weight loss but for better health markers I lost 50 pounds the first year and over the last 3 years been in the 190-200 pound range.

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    mmnv79 wrote: »
    Does anyone know why some people lose more weight on a low carb diet?
    Is it because some people don't 'process' carbs well?
    Thank you!

@mmnv79 I think low carb works for any different reasons for weight loss. I know in my case after I started keeping my daily carb intake down to around 50 grams after a hellish two weeks because I finally had to do it cold turkey my carb cravings started to fade fast. 40 years of binging ceased and 4 years later still has not returned. I still eat high calorie (2500-3000 range) but hold my total carb count down to 50 grams most days because it helps with long term health issues like chronic pain. I no longer track anything on a regular bases but weigh each morning which gives me my full net CICO results from my Keto WOE.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I've been keto for almost 4 months now and I've lost about 26lbs. I'm a slow loser though. I'm dirty and lazy keto. I did track everything at first just to get an idea of what I was eating, but stopped after a month. I also drink diet soda every day and don't worry too much about ingredients so long as carbs are low.
    Down from a tight 18 to a 14/16.

I JUST started exercising this week and hoping it helps to speed things up a bit more since I still have around 70-80lbs to lose still.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!