The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• ericawellman31
    ericawellman31 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! Getting back in the saddle (again lol). 36 and in the SF Bay Area. Hoping to meet some other weight loss buddies 😊
  • Cardioguy81
    Cardioguy81 Posts: 196 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I didn't workout, I ate like crap, I stayed up all night and I didn't log at all. Now that fiscal end has closed I'm back at it, 6 miles in 49 minutes, abs, chest and shoulders, it was a good day...
  • CookieJones2018
    CookieJones2018 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hiya. 47, a previous member and ready to lose the 25 lbs I put on after an injury. Feel free to add me <3
  • wendydoodle
    wendydoodle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi 48 getting back at this after some surgeries. Need all the friends I can get feel free to add me.
  • RogueAngell
    RogueAngell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just turned 39 a week ago.
  • Bill9160
    Bill9160 Posts: 8,600 Member
    Options
    I have seen many on here who refer to a Journey. Something I have done more times than I would like to admit. It seems that each one I embarked on came with a return ticket.

A journey has an end....but what do you do when you get there. In my case go back. That is why I have given up on the journey...I am now in a lifestyle. Something that will stay with me...something with out an end point.

That way I won't be happy that I hit a goal...but that I have changed for life.
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    bill9160 wrote: »
    I have seen many on here who refer to a Journey. Something I have done more times than I would like to admit. It seems that each one I embarked on came with a return ticket.

A journey has an end....but what do you do when you get there. In my case go back. That is why I have given up on the journey...I am now in a lifestyle. Something that will stay with me...something with out an end point.

Great way to look at it . . . . I like it!
  • tammythaxton
    tammythaxton Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    CCgal2018 wrote: »
    I just turned 36 but I’m an empty nester and found my first gray hairs last week! So I think that qualifies me for middle aged?! I am learning to embrace this stage of my life and want to be in my best shape ever! Happy to have like minded friends.

Ive been going gray since I was 27......dont sweat it.......Im living proof there's a dye for that
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    CCgal2018 wrote: »
    I just turned 36 but I’m an empty nester and found my first gray hairs last week! So I think that qualifies me for middle aged?! I am learning to embrace this stage of my life and want to be in my best shape ever! Happy to have like minded friends.

Wow!! An empty nester at 36?! I'm 52 and still have 1 out of our 3 children at home as a teenager still in school. Being a grandparent or a father-in-law was so far from my wildest dreams!!
  • ShannonMarie1976
    ShannonMarie1976 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Where’s my taco? 🤔
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    bill9160 wrote: »

Well said..
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy Humpday folks!
  • MarieMcKenzie2015
    Options
    Good morning
  • karensw02
    karensw02 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good morning all...another day of tracking and trying hard to be healthy! I have to share that I was tempted yesterday to my favorite apple fritters that got brought in to a group of us...was so hard to walk away without getting one and eating it! Sometimes I wish I did, but I know I would not have been happy with myself if I did! I succeeded to walk on by...
  • Anna022119
    Options
    karensw02 wrote: »
    Good morning all...another day of tracking and trying hard to be healthy! I have to share that I was tempted yesterday to my favorite apple fritters that got brought in to a group of us...was so hard to walk away without getting one and eating it! Sometimes I wish I did, but I know I would not have been happy with myself if I did! I succeeded to walk on by...

Well done Karen!
  • Anna022119
    Options
    Good morning all.
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Friday jr . Get that work out in.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Ralphone wrote: »
    Welcome to Friday jr . Get that work out in.

You almost scared me there. Now starting my Thursday. Even in the Australia time zones it hasn't reached Thursday midnight yet.
  • LazyLaura37
    LazyLaura37 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! This is my first time at having to lose some weight so I'm still figuring this all out - any help, hints or tips are appreciated :) I'm on my way to 40 and working to figure out a long term lifestyle shift with my other half. 7lbs down, 28 to go!
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Good morning, good afternoon, good evening. Looking forward to a good long weekend (after Friday Jr. of course :) ). Planning to start an exercise plan once I make some space in the house tonight and tomorrow. What do you all do to make exercise fun?