The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,846 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday to all you M agers. Let's knock Tuesday down.get that work out in. Good luck
  • Bronson_B_2018
    Bronson_B_2018 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey all, 41 years.... May look it but definitely not feeling it.... 3rd day here on MyFitnessPal and what a great source of inspiration I'm seeing and experiencing, most definitely!!!! Looking forward to being a part of the hype.... Feel free to ADD me....
  • Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Morning “middle agers”! Happy Tuesday! Blessed to see another day!
  • SpinforCals
    SpinforCals Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Get out there and get exercising.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. First post here. Felt that this was the most appropriate place for me currently being 38 and all. I've been calorie counting for 4wks now. I lead an active lifestyle, but do not go to the gym. My first week I lost 13lbs, water weight, I know. The second week I lost 4lbs. The third I lost 2lbs. Today I weighed in, I only weigh myself once a week on Monday morning, positive that I was down at least 2lbs, and ended up gaining 2lbs. I'm lost. Each day I was slightly under my calorie goal. I always drink about 4L of water a day. I count everything that goes into my mouth. What is going on?

Sucks when that happens it's super discouraging. Just keep up what you're doing. The body is weird. Maybe you had something high in sodium and that made you retain water. Keep up the good work and you'll notice a difference
  • bago08
    bago08 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All. Happy Tuesday
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Happy sunny-in-NJ-finally Tuesday. Not only skipped the gym yesterday, but overate. I'd say back on the wagon today, for the most part, but have to maintain control at Thai dinner out tonight. Headed to the gym after that. It's perfect running here, but sorry to have to miss it. Work does get in the way of life sometimes. Carpe Diem!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    Goodnight middleagers.. have a great day :)
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys & Dolls ~ sorry, flash back from my high school days and being on stage crew and doing that musical.
    How is everyone doing today?

I really life the Thought for the day I found - The length of one’s life does not determine one’s legacy; rather it is fashioned by those we influence.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    RandJ6280 wrote: »
    Hi Guys & Dolls ~ sorry, flash back from my high school days and being on stage crew and doing that musical.
    How is everyone doing today?

I really life the Thought for the day I found - The length of one’s life does not determine one’s legacy; rather it is fashioned by those we influence.

My skating team's first program was to Guys and Dolls. It was a great program and for a brand new team we were a true underdog story qualifying for nationals our first year! Good memories

I need to get going on my day. I have too much to do the next two days and then Thursday will be spent drinking coffee and waiting
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    CindyLouWhoinWhoville Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Good morning my friends. Welcome new peeps. We have a really good group here. Please don't give up, you will have good days, bad days and inbetween days. The key is to just keep going. Remember we all make choices. I chose to go to the gym this morning even thought I was going to be by myself, and I avoided the donuts in the kitchen at work! Choices! What will you choose today? ;)
  • RandJ6280
    Options
    Good morning my friends. Welcome new peeps. We have a really good group here. Please don't give up, you will have good days, bad days and inbetween days. The key is to just keep going. Remember we all make choices. I chose to go to the gym this morning even thought I was going to be by myself, and I avoided the donuts in the kitchen at work! Choices! What will you choose today? ;)

th?id=OIP.sQl5rl4j-O_LyE4eFKpQ5AAAAA&pid=Api
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    CindyLouWhoinWhoville Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options

That is freaking awesome! I think I just may love you after this! You are my new best friend :*:D:p
  • dblbbl88
    dblbbl88 Posts: 857 Member
    Options

Oh sugar!!! This made my day! Lol!
  • amandainmd
    amandainmd Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Almost I am 47 and live near DC, where we finally have a sunny day. So far on track for the day, walked the dog, did my 80 day obsession work out, now on to grading (and more grading, and yet more grading) on the couch.
  • RandJ6280
    Options
    dblbbl88 wrote: »

Oh sugar!!! This made my day! Lol!

I see what you did there.... "sugar". bahahaha Glad I could make your day.
  • TexasViking212
    TexasViking212 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    50 yr old from Arlington, TX here. Got on the scale the other day and almost had a heart attack. Glad I found this site, seems like a positive community here. Getting back in shape is my number one remaining life goal, so it is time to get serious. Gonna dedicate this year to losing the weight, and maybe next year I will be ready for a girlfriend lol.
  • jwat90
    jwat90 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    46 and from Arkansas
  • dkjk1105
    dkjk1105 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Rainy & cold in Boston this week so getting to workouts is easier.
  • manephew1911
    manephew1911 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, 45 joined a few months ago feel free to add.