Before and after pictures

So I follow this girl on IG because she’s my friend but recently she’s been posting a bunch of anti-diet culture and health at every size type of post. Well today one of her post was about before and after pictures basically she saying the before picture does harm to people that look like your before picture because you believe your after pictures more worthy. I post before and after pictures all the time and my before picture is not a body that I hated my after picture just showing me closer to my goal my personal goals. What do you guys think about before and after pictures do they do more harm than good?

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    So I follow this girl on IG because she’s my friend but recently she’s been posting a bunch of anti-diet culture and health at every size type of post. Well today one of her post was about before and after pictures basically she saying the before picture does harm to people that look like your before picture because you believe your after pictures more worthy. I post before and after pictures all the time and my before picture is not a body that I hated my after picture just showing me closer to my goal my personal goals. What do you guys think about before and after pictures do they do more harm than good?

No, I don't think it harms anyone to share unless you are promoting an unsafe rate of loss with your before and after pictures like " I lost 20 lbs in 2 weeks" or lying about your results.
    I think showing photos of your progress is generally very inspiring. Maybe unfollow that friend and post whatever you like.
  • letterbe
    letterbe Posts: 1 Member
    Liftinglex wrote: »
    Yes I believe I’m going to unfollow her because ironically I feel like her posts are now shaming fitness posts which is what I mostly share and post

Well now I've heard everything!!