• MadMaximus83
    MadMaximus83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • jaxsmama123
    jaxsmama123 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm in -

I've been wanting to read more lately, so far I have read 3 books in the past week and will continue to do so, it is nice to have an hour or two of peace and quiet to myself in the evening;

I also want to stretch more, I went through a phase a few months ago of 15-20 minutes of daily stretching before bed and I would love to get into that habit again.

Lastly, I deleted most of my social media a week ago and want to continue that trend, I feel so much better mentally without it, I didn't realize how dependent I was, just scrolling mindlessly through it and how much time it wasted.
  • kam32991
    kam32991 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in.

I downloaded a new app today to help me get daily and weekly tasks organized to keep the house under control. Trying to get pregnant so wanting to get these habits going so they will hopefully stick before the chaos of a baby.
  • cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Took a walk this morning & started a bullet journal. The journal is pretty basic but it’s working well so far. Cooked a couple of meals on my day off yesterday that should help me with eating healthy & weight loss. I also need to limit the time I’m on social media, it’s a real time waster!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    Options
    Oct 3: spent the morning with some friends visiting a walled garden. Still quite a lot of late summer colour, and the trees were beginning to get some autumn shades.
  • thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I know this is going to sound odd but it's what self care is for me sometimes. I've been dog sitting for almost two weeks so I've barely been home. Today I tidied the dining room, dusted the dining room and the living room, did most of the dishes, did laundry, and went grocery shopping. I had the fall candles lit earlier and I'm about to light them again and hang out with my dog after putting the groceries away. I want to get the bathroom cleaned but that might have to wait until tomorrow with the bedroom. It feels really good to have my house put back together. I have no idea how my partner creates so many dishes or so much laundry!

ETA: I also picked up the Halloween candy for this year and I am determined to become the awesome house!! I also started a bullet journal as well on Monday because I have been debating on it and think it will be useful.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Just a short comment about journaling. I kept a journal when i lost weight between 2015 and 2016. I have gained some since and struggled to find that motivation again. It has been very enlightening to go back and reread some of those entries. Really glad I journaled about that journey!
  • IHaveMyActTogether
    IHaveMyActTogether Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    In.
    9/30 file foot with electric filer, dipped in parrafin wax
    10/1- file foot with electric filer, put lotion and wrapped with Saran wrap, now removing gel nail polish from fingernails
    10/2 - paint nails
    10/3 - wax upper lip
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I'm in -

I've been wanting to read more lately, so far I have read 3 books in the past week and will continue to do so, it is nice to have an hour or two of peace and quiet to myself in the evening;

I also want to stretch more, I went through a phase a few months ago of 15-20 minutes of daily stretching before bed and I would love to get into that habit again.

Lastly, I deleted most of my social media a week ago and want to continue that trend, I feel so much better mentally without it, I didn't realize how dependent I was, just scrolling mindlessly through it and how much time it wasted.

I agree with you about social media. Nothing good comes from it. If anything, it creates a compulsion to check more often and just keep scrolling. You are right. Once in awhile I go on a facebook cleanse and deactivate for a week or two; I just don’t miss it. Then, I peek and it reactivates and start scrolling. I don’t think the Brain is wired to have so much screen time. Back to basics for me. Candles, tea, books, magazines, meditation, journaling..... thanks for your message- it inspires me.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    My recent clothes designing is currently at odds with my desire to keep my wardrobe uncluttered and also not spend any money to save for holidays.
    First World problems though. :)
  • saltypickle
    saltypickle Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Donated blood after work and relaxed afterwards.
  • aemsley05
    aemsley05 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post last night, but for yesterday's self-care I tried a guided meditation. Not sure if it was just the one I picked, but I don't know if I got a lot from it. I'll keep trying though, and take a look at the one that's been linked twice. Afterwards I listened to some music that's apparently at the right frequency for healing and destressing - not sure how much I believe in that sort of thing (I haven't looked into it at all, so no real information to go on) but I did feel good and calm afterwards. Might try listening to something like that in the background when I get stressed at work.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    aemsley05 wrote: »
    Forgot to post last night, but for yesterday's self-care I tried a guided meditation. Not sure if it was just the one I picked, but I don't know if I got a lot from it. I'll keep trying though, and take a look at the one that's been linked twice. Afterwards I listened to some music that's apparently at the right frequency for healing and destressing - not sure how much I believe in that sort of thing (I haven't looked into it at all, so no real information to go on) but I did feel good and calm afterwards. Might try listening to something like that in the background when I get stressed at work.

I like Jason Stephenson's guided meditations.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Today's self-care: Working from home today. Going to have a nice long walk at lunch.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Update: I just lit an apple-pumpkin candle. I love fall!
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I cleaned my office
  • kam32991
    kam32991 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I left work on time. Everything will keep till tomorrow
  • CCgal2018
    CCgal2018 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Today I walked to the park and journaled. Love using a diary app with journaling prompts. Inspires me to reflect on topics I would not think of myself. Helps me see how the little steps I’m taking each day really do add up!