bebuckner21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    June where is your trainer?
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    CCgal2018 wrote: »
    @dejavuohlala @Orphia it’s called Grid Diary. I use my bullet journal for book notes and memorable quotes. I’m loving the app for quick daily reflection and on-the-go thoughts!

Friday I did a 16 km run and pushed hard the last 5 km, and did lots of chores and packing for next weekend at Melbourne Marathon.

I went to bed at 7, and woke wide awake on Saturday at 2:30 am. Did lots of drawing and Inktober, studied Greek, caught up with friends' runs, walked parkrun, did chores and tasks, then after lunch I was really, really tired, and starving, so I let myself eat what I felt like, and felt much better. Then I did a new blog post, yay!

At night I set up Grid Diary and filled it in. That took a while, but now it's set up, it should be quicker each day.

I've also just paid for ToDoist Premium so I can see all my completed tasks and set reminders and attach files and lots more.

• Becky_Franke
    Becky_Franke Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know it's Oct 6, but I just joined back on MyFitnesspal, and just came across this thread. I have spent this whole year on a very unexpected journey through DNA testing and genealogy that led me to finding out that who I thought was my father is not, that my full brother is half, finding who my paternal grandparents are and then getting DNA confirmation of who my real father is and that I have 8 siblings as opposed to 3. It's not only been difficult with all of this, but with my old family and my new. It has been very challenging to take care of myself through all of this, even with new medical diagnosis and doctor orders, I just hadn't been able to focus on much of anything besides all of this DNA stuff. It's been almost 2 weeks since getting my final answers, and meeting the first of my real fathers family, and I am just SO ready to get on with the rest of my life. I have made a good start this week with meeting with some people on my care team who will be part of my getting back on track.

I would love to have some added pals, and follow along here and share what steps I take to better care for myself, while listening and learning about new ideas from you all!

:smile:
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I know it's Oct 6, but I just joined back on MyFitnesspal, and just came across this thread. I have spent this whole year on a very unexpected journey through DNA testing and genealogy that led me to finding out that who I thought was my father is not, that my full brother is half, finding who my paternal grandparents are and then getting DNA confirmation of who my real father is and that I have 8 siblings as opposed to 3. It's not only been difficult with all of this, but with my old family and my new. It has been very challenging to take care of myself through all of this, even with new medical diagnosis and doctor orders, I just hadn't been able to focus on much of anything besides all of this DNA stuff. It's been almost 2 weeks since getting my final answers, and meeting the first of my real fathers family, and I am just SO ready to get on with the rest of my life. I have made a good start this week with meeting with some people on my care team who will be part of my getting back on track.

I would love to have some added pals, and follow along here and share what steps I take to better care for myself, while listening and learning about new ideas from you all!

Welcome, @Becky_Franke !

What a saga!! That would be stressful, certainly!

However, at the end of the day, blood doesn't necessarily make family. And lifestyle can repress certain 'bad' genes and express 'good' genes.

You are what you make yourself.

Be kind to yourself. Don't punish yourself on a diet of salads and green smoothies. Let yourself eat things you like - just eat less of them. A good diet is one you'll stick to as long as it takes.

I scoff at new year's resolutions. I lost 80 lbs and reached goal in 12 months and I joined on April 11 2015. If I was superstitious, I'd say joining now is a good sign, so yay for you!!

My top recommendation for people beginning on My Fitness Pal is to read the "Most Helpful Posts" Announcements. These are in every Community forum, stuck to the top of the forum page. The ones I'd start with are the ones in the Getting Started forum and the General Health, Fitness and Diet forum.

If you read these posts and educate yourself about how to use MFP to sustainably and happily lose weight, you'll learn from the successful people instead of crash dieting based on Instagram and Facebook advertisers selling fad products and bingeing it all back when the fad invariably fails.

So glad you found the forum and this thread! Curiosity will help you succeed.
  • CCgal2018
    CCgal2018 Posts: 64 Member
    Options

Wow what a roller coaster ride! I can understand how taxing paternity issues can be. Good on you for reaching out and making your self care a priority. I’ve sent a friends request. Happy to support and encourage!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,193 Member
    Options
    Went jogging for 1.5 miles and another 2 miles walking. Felt so good. Got out all my stressful emotions and came back home energetic.
  • IHaveMyActTogether
    IHaveMyActTogether Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    In.
    9/30 file foot with electric filer, dipped in parrafin wax
    10/1- file foot with electric filer, put lotion and wrapped with Saran wrap, now removing gel nail polish from fingernails
    10/2 - paint nails
    10/3 - wax upper lip
    10/6 - weighed myself - Onederland!
    10/7 - new gym outfit and color hair

• thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Tonight I asked my husband to make dinner. He did a lovely, delicious job and I was able to work on deviating my water bottle whole he cooked. I put new stickers that I got today on it.
  • CCgal2018
    CCgal2018 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My self care today was making a stop at the beach while I was running errands. I could only stay for 10 minutes but it was nice to get some fresh air and take a break from the usual routine.
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    💖💕Nap 💕💖
  • aemsley05
    aemsley05 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Today, rather than following my fiance and doing whatever he wanted, I said yes to myself and stayed on the computer playing games while he watched a film. Just did an evening gratitude mediation to relax before bed - although the cats are getting hungry so I got headbutted in the face several times while trying to meditate! I feel relaxed, and it's good to know those little balls of fluff love me too!
  • jogetsgains
    Options
    I ticked off some items from my to do list early so the rest of the week will not be hectic. Procrastination and I need to break up.
  • jogetsgains
    Options
    I had a good chat at lunch
  • thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Today I started working on my shopping matter list. This should make my life easier when it's done. I also went running with my husband. I planned an overnight camping trip for myself. I'm going to work on conquering my fear of being alone in the woods at night. I also joined a 7 day mini fitness challenge as well as talked to a personal trainer.
  • aemsley05
    aemsley05 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it counts as self-care, but a little achivement from yesterday: I tagged a friend who I haven't seen for ages in a vegan recipe post I thought she'd like on Facebook. After months of avoiding people and hoping that no one would notice I exist, I finally want to reach out and connect with people. My friend was really excited about the recipe too. Also had some fun and chat with friends in the evening.

This morning I chose to get up early (even though it's my work from home day) and go to the gym. We have to take one of the cats to the vets today for an xray as he's lost a tooth, so I'm going to do a positivity meditation so that I'm calm and relaxed for that. My fiance seems quite worried about the kitty, so I'll do my best to be a calm, supportive and positive presence.