October Self-Care Challenge

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,203 Member
    Options
    I am in for October. I have been bulletjournaling for a while now. Just in the process of preparing my October pages.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,177 Member
    Options
    I am in for October. I have been bulletjournaling for a while now. Just in the process of preparing my October pages.

I've seen bullet journaling on Pinterest and always wanted to do that. Do you have a fav site for instructions or tips ?
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    I haven't been doing much on the self-care front (other than reading), but after seeing a fellow MFPer's bullet journal entries (@tinkerbellang83), I decided to give it a try. I've been reading about bullet journaling recently, and I had a pretty journal from Michael's (with "Bright Ideas" in a floral design on the cover), so I dug out my markers and colored pencils.

This was so quick, easy, and fun! I even managed to let go of my perfectionism when I messed up an "a" (I've read that you're not supposed to worry about such things when bullet journaling).

I know we have some really creative people on this thread; maybe someone else would like to join me? (I am NOT artistic, but I still had fun. ;) )

You made me Google.

https://bulletjournal.com/pages/learn

That sounds like what I've been doing in my ToDoist app.

My app is making me so productive I don't want to mess with things, but I do have the urge to start a journal or diary soon. Just haven't worked out the format that will mean I keep doing it.

I keep a Word document of Good Things that happen which works as the diary I want to remember, along with my Instagram feed of Art/Photography I'm proud of.

A bullet journal sounds like a lovely idea for someone not so digital-oriented as I am.

Great ideas! I need to check out the ToDoist app. (I seem to have an unhealthy addiction to paper.)
  • PKM0515
    Options
    Lol, I think I need Botox!
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I love bullet journaling - i track my workouts, moods, meals, shopping / outfit wishlists etc. It’s a hybrid fitness tracker, journal & inspiration board all in one - i love picking it up and flipping through it when i’m feeling unmotivated or stuck!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,104 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @sarakim17 I wish I had more time to do it these days, used to have such pretty layouts

• KKHKISHZKH
    KKHKISHZKH Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    What a lovely idea! I'd love to take part. :)
  • PKM0515
    Options
    twyla77 wrote: »
    I love bullet journaling - i track my workouts, moods, meals, shopping / outfit wishlists etc. It’s a hybrid fitness tracker, journal & inspiration board all in one - i love picking it up and flipping through it when i’m feeling unmotivated or stuck!

Exactly! I'm surprised how it's inspiring me.
  • PKM0515
    Options
    @sarakim17 I wish I had more time to do it these days, used to have such pretty layouts

Your ideas are great, @tinkerbellang83! I'd been reading about bullet journaling for a number of months, but was sort of thinking it was just a Day-Timer rip-off, to be honest You changed my mind, and I'm so glad you did!

I did another page today, incorporating household tasks. Looking forward to more! 📒
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Well I've started and started by getting to grips with lot of new processes and systems at work, to make it less stressful I've written down each new thing so that I don't have to keep asking.

I am going to have a go at journaling via website although I'm
    Not sure how to do it but will give it a try.

Hope you are all making a good Oct start
  • sylviakramarius
    sylviakramarius Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I’m in too!
  • lady4kazuya
    lady4kazuya Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This sounds like fun. I’m in too. I’ve been feeling pretty stressed and out of whack. I think this will help me get back in track.
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Today's self-care:
    Committing to posting daily about self-care for the rest of the month :smiley:
  • Islanderjoy
    Islanderjoy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Today I had a very therapeutic journal entry:)
  • aemsley05
    aemsley05 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Today I lit a scented candle that I'd been given for my birthday all the way back in January. I put it on my desk and now the house smells lovely. I haven't lit any candles for a long time, so it was a good reminder that nice smells can help you feel better and more relaxed. Hope everyone had/has a good first day :)
  • lawonda4u
    lawonda4u Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • IHaveMyActTogether
    IHaveMyActTogether Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    In.
    9/30 file foot with electric filer, dipped in parrafin wax

10/1- file foot with electric filer, put lotion and wrapped with Saran wrap, now removing gel nail polish from fingernails
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Starting my October self-care by joining another challenge! It's the "Say NO to late-night snacking" challenge. I have a huge problem where I wake up in the middle of the night and eat, and I need to get a handle on that problem, for my own mental health (and physical too). Hoping that having a little accountability will help.

Also got my steps in today! I'm at 12,111 so far for today.
  • thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Alright, September was a bit hit or miss for me but there was progress. Looking forward to doing better in October!

I recently ended up with some extra money so today I went to pick up my new bedside tables so the current ones could make their way to the living room. Living room would then be complete except for one larger piece of art or one medium size one to match a piece I already have. They were sold out. They had all of the other colors but they wouldn't do since I have another piece in the collection, the dresser, and the room is grey, lavender, and yellow. I need the grey nightstands to match! Oh well, I can always get them later. But, I did pick out the new kitchen table and I picked up the last new light fixture to finish off the fixtures on the first floor. Renoing your home is fun but I wish someone else would pay for it!!