Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    My morning meditation today

https://youtu.be/lbv-CSQ-QWI

My bullet journal: I use an ordinary notebook and jazz it up myself. Then I build the month up gradually, and use Wasi tape to mark the months.

9c9gyi580xhu.jpg
    2z9q3jeu4svm.jpg

• YourJuneInJan
    YourJuneInJan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’d like to join.

My October self-care includes
    1) Read before bed to get full sleep
    2) Drink 875284 Cups water per day
    3) Jog to clear mind
    4) Download favorite songs to feel good
    5) Boost confidence!
    6) Relax with friends by pool
  • cjborkowski
    cjborkowski Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I’m joining your group. I had never heard of bullet journaling before but I think I’ll give it a try. Need a push & some accountability to be more productive, think it might help!
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’d like to join.

My October self-care includes
    1) Read before bed to get full sleep
    2) Drink 875284 Cups water per day
    3) Jog to clear mind
    4) Download favorite songs to feel good
    5) Boost confidence!
    6) Relax with friends by pool

That's a lot of water... :smiley:
  • RespectTheKitty
    Options
    Not a lot of self-care lately, except for taking care of my sick self. I've had a cold or something since Friday and I've been feeling awful. Yesterday I was able to walk enough steps. Today I have like, zero energy and breathing is still a bit difficult so I don't know if I'll get all my steps today.

I do need to shower today because I didn't yesterday. I also need to do my Spanish lesson and clean the cat box.

I like the idea of bullet journaling, but I honestly don't think I have the patience to do it myself. :smiley:

Still fighting the middle of the night eating monster. Last night it won again. It's my goal this month to beat this thing once and for all.
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Not a lot of self-care lately, except for taking care of my sick self. I've had a cold or something since Friday and I've been feeling awful. Yesterday I was able to walk enough steps. Today I have like, zero energy and breathing is still a bit difficult so I don't know if I'll get all my steps today.

I do need to shower today because I didn't yesterday. I also need to do my Spanish lesson and clean the cat box.

I like the idea of bullet journaling, but I honestly don't think I have the patience to do it myself. :smiley:

Still fighting the middle of the night eating monster. Last night it won again. It's my goal this month to beat this thing once and for all.

Have you tried keeping water beside your bed, and having a drink instead?
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Struggling a little today, I did my walk and static bike, kept to my calorie allowance but I rushed my food at each meal, I'm really trying to slow this down and find it so hard, a dreadful habit.
    Can't get the hang of the journaling really
    I hope you are all having a good day
  • RespectTheKitty
    Options
    snoo61 wrote: »

Have you tried keeping water beside your bed, and having a drink instead?

Yep, tried that. Doesn't work. :(

Tried just about everything I can think of short of chaining myself to the bed to keep myself out of the kitchen at night, but my auto-pilot just takes over. It's extremely frustrating.
  • lady4kazuya
    lady4kazuya Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My self care moment yesterday was walking. It helped to clear my mind and ease my stress.
  • thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Today I have myself freedom. Freedom to eat at maintenance and freedom to not stress. I met friends for lunch and they choose a local chain pizza place that I couldn't find nutritional information for. I did not feel like fighting it so I did the best I could. I got a six inch before sub, which was super tasty, and from my educated guess was around 550-600 calories. That's a lot when you only get 1410!! Haha. I don't mind having a high calorie meal but I would rather have it be high from protein and fat, not carb. Hard to do at a pizza place. So, if I eat at maintenance today, I'm ok with that, but I'm still going to try for at least some kind of a deficit. I did what I could and didn't stress which allowed me to enjoy lunch with friends.
  • CCgal2018
    CCgal2018 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join. Thank you for this group! My self care today was walking away from a triggering situation and choosing deep breathing and positive self talk over destructive habits.
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Played badminton today 😁
  • saltypickle
    saltypickle Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Went to friends for dinner and took time to play a board game with them, instead of freaking out about nonproductive time.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,003 Member
    Options
    Oct 1: two small sketches
    Oct 2: approx 10 small sketches (faces)
    Pretty excited!!😃
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    Felt so spent after work today, crawled into bed for a long healthy 30 min guided meditation and lied there for another 20 min. It really rejuvenated me and I went for a 50 min walk afterwards. Highly recommend mediation; it calms the brain. Xo insight timer is a good app that free.
  • YourJuneInJan
    YourJuneInJan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    To add to the meditation comments, I’ve had insomnia for 3-4 weeks from stress. Finally the past two nights I’ve slept well by listening to guided meditation: https://youtu.be/lbv-CSQ-QWI
    (Same link that Terri posted above)
  • RespectTheKitty
    Options
    Hmm. I wonder if meditation can help with my own sleep issues...
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Concentrating on doing my wald and static bike each day, however the journaling has been put in the back burner as I don't seem to get the time.

Hope you are all doing well.