October Self-Care Challenge

Options

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    CCgal2018 wrote: »
    Today I walked to the park and journaled. Love using a diary app with journaling prompts. Inspires me to reflect on topics I would not think of myself. Helps me see how the little steps I’m taking each day really do add up!

@CCgal2018 Ooh, a diary/journal app? What's it called?

I really love the look of the journals people have been posting, but I know I wouldn't stick to it because it takes too much effort to go get the thing, whereas I have my phone on me all the time.
  • aemsley05
    aemsley05 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Last night before bed I listened to the grounding guided meditation and felt so calm and relaxed - didn't have any trouble getting comfortable when trying to go to sleep for once! I felt so good about it that I've just begun my day with a guided meditation for positivity and I really loved it. Feel calm, confident and energised. Really glad that many of you mentioned guided meditation as it's something I might never have tried otherwise! It's only day 5 and already I feel like I'm getting so much from this challenge - thank you all so much!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    CCgal2018 wrote: »
    Today I walked to the park and journaled. Love using a diary app with journaling prompts. Inspires me to reflect on topics I would not think of myself. Helps me see how the little steps I’m taking each day really do add up!

Which journal app do you use. I can't get to grips with journaling and thought the app you use may help. Well done doing great. Thank you Carol
  • CCgal2018
    CCgal2018 Posts: 64 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @dejavuohlala @Orphia it’s called Grid Diary. I use my bullet journal for book notes and memorable quotes. I’m loving the app for quick daily reflection and on-the-go thoughts!
  • debbiebondklein
    debbiebondklein Posts: 158 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I would like to join .
  • kam32991
    kam32991 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Taking the train for a bachelorette party tonight. I am planning on trying my hand at bullet journal
  • YourJuneInJan
    YourJuneInJan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    •Movies with group of friends today

In the routine of staying up late and sleeping in, missing workouts and feeling low, need to change if
  • saltypickle
    saltypickle Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Curdled up with my cat on my lap. We both get to chill out. 🐈
  • Islanderjoy
    Islanderjoy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Nails and friends:)
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Badminton again 😍
    Had so much fun
  • aemsley05
    aemsley05 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Yesterday and today I have begun my day with this morning meditation. I feel so energized, calm and ready to face whatever comes in the day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYP_W49o1vQ
  • thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I took a bath which I've been trying to do for a while but kept putting off. I also decided to start doing the #PFSixWordChallenge as part of my bike journal. I started a health collection so that I can track water and sleep in a more visually pleasing way. I am trying to find a way to track my workouts in a way that feels visually appealing. Today I have a baby shower to go to with my partner. I will be in the car for 2-2.5 hours each way so I am going to look into practicing lettering and how to improve my drawing skills. I also want to get back into writing for myself so I may look at some kind of themed writing prompt. I'm hoping for something similar to the 6 word challenge but longer so that I'm writing each day.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    @aemsley05 Thank you for sharing your morning meditation. I just did it. And I feel calm and ready to have a wonderful day.
  • losingtime
    losingtime Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m interested in joining your challenge! After all, if you don’t take care of yourself, you can’t take care of others 🙂. Happy Saturday!
  • YourJuneInJan
    YourJuneInJan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Tried a new dance class, paint nails, opened blinds, tea, reading
  • saltypickle
    saltypickle Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    BBQ with my b.f. and his family. Then went to an art museum and a book sale; as a special treat just for me.