JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS - ROUND 55

Options

Replies

• frida001
    frida001 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    @sdelpapa, I've never heard of apple cider doughnuts. That sounds delicious.
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,711 Member
    Options
    @deepwoodslady, {{{hugs}}} to you. Thank you Donna for putting the word out about what things can be done to help people with breast cancer, receiving a breast cancer diagnosis and recovering from breast cancer.

For you and your hair growth, have you tried any natural products? Aloe vera gel, mixed with pure vitamin E oil and organic lavender oil as a scalp massage and daily hair treatment. That is a simple, but effective mixture to stimulate hair follicles, soften and strengthen hair. There are other beneficial essential and carrier oils that can be added, along with MSM sulphur and biotin, but this simple combination can be effective usually without causing any irritation. I use it and make it for family members.

\
    Dr. has me on a prescription shampoo, a prescription hair oil (expensive) and on prescription prenatal vitamins. I use the oil and shampoo twice per week, sleeping in the oil. Shampoo stays on 15 minutes then back in the shower for the rinse. 1/2 of a prenatal vitamin daily. I also get multiple needle shots with some sort of medication in them all around my head every 6 weeks. If it would not skew the results of my drs. plan and testing, I think I could use about anything in between. My resources are limited in my area, but anything I could order online would work. I would need a recipe. My daughter gets essential oils from a local distributor. Young Living is the brand. Thanks for any information you could share. I go back to the dr. in about a month and can check with him. Nothing I've tried on the market or from the salon has worked, no matter how expensive. It's nice to hear ideas and results from someone who has actually used a product or recipe.

BTW, my hear grows fine, as I always need my cut & styles. It just comes out profusely. It makes me feel like I have cancer all over again and is very emotionally upsetting. During my cancer & treatments I really felt like an alien. Breast cancer is hard for a woman. First you lose a breast or two (or part of them, your choice), then you lose all your hair. Then all your eyebrows, eyelashes, body & private hair etc. Soon, you look in a mirror and don't even feel like a woman anymore. More like an alien. You don't recognize yourself. It really helps when your hair comes back. It's not about a cosmetic thing. It's about feeling like a human being, and especially feeling like a woman as we tend to do so much with our hair that men don't usually do. When it came back, it was wonderful. Then, after a time, it all started falling out again. Not as bad as during the chemo (no complete baldness), but really bad with wide parts and some bald spots that form. I escaped with my life and I don't want to seem ungrateful or petty. My kids were underage at the time and I hated looking so sick in front of them as I wanted them to have faith that I would survive.

Happily, my health is good for a few years now. My annual cancer check is in late October at University of Michigan. It is a very long trip for me and an overnight 2 day ordeal. I will let you all know how it goes but I'm feeling pretty good about it again. 90% of my journey to lose weight is about estrogen fed cancer cells that can form in my fat cells. Losing weight greatly cuts my chances of recurrance. I am so happy to have so many of you helping me during my weight loss journey and my personal battles. You are at the top of that list Tish. Thanks so much. I look forward to the recipe when you have time. Posting it may help others too.

I can relate to the part about hair and half eye brow, mine was brain tumour 5cm. (hemangiopericytoma) that was removed I never had one symptom during radiation, but just last week the hair started fall out. One side is falling out and the front is growing, trying to lose the weight is hard for me. I was at my goal weight but being on steroids twice shot my weight up. I found it helpful, eating avocados for hair growth helps me a lot.