BS you hear that irritates you in relation to health/fitness/nutrition.

Replies

• jhilkene
    jhilkene Posts: 104 Member
    This thread should be a sticky on what not to say or ask before posting. Yikes!
    :o:p:D
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    "Insulin" - how it's the boogeyman for all things fat related.

"Fat for Fuel" - the conflation of burning body fat during a deficit (something we do naturally) and burning dietary fat in a high fat diet. Not slamming keto. As I always qualify my keto comments. It works, but it's not magic. I think many interchange those terms on purpose - especially those with products to sell.

"Lose up to XX pounds and YY inches in your first week"

"I've been working out for two weeks and I've gained X pounds of muscle because cardio"

And a whole bunch of others already mentioned.

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Searching anything health or fitness on Pinterest will result in bad science bingo. You can get all of the quacky, garbage nonsense represented in one easy place. I wish they had report capabilities.
  • mybattle2006
    mybattle2006 Posts: 37 Member
    You HAVE to eat grains and meat in order to live 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • mybattle2006
    mybattle2006 Posts: 37 Member
    Gluten free this and gluten free that 🤦🏽‍♂️

Placebos have shown that 95% of people claiming a gluten intolerance simply have psychosomatic symptoms.

Unless you have autoimmune disease like I do. The ONLY way I lose weight or not go through the day in pain, is to avoid gluten at all costs. So no, very real to me. I must be one of the mere 5%. Interesting numbers. I’d like to see where those facts are located.

• New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    You have to do a specific plan, WOE, or subscribe to a particular philosophy to lose weight, be it juicing, WW, vegan, paleo, alkaline vegan, etc.

Just eat less and move some.

• ata1anta
    ata1anta Posts: 115 Member
    One I would get from my mom was - "you don't want to lift weights, you'll get muscles" - DUH that's the whole point. I like to jest that she belonged to the diet of the month club. :D

Oh and on the other side, "you've lost so much weight, you can have a little XXX." said by too many relatives. :s
    Omg. Glad I'm not the only hater who thinks this whenever I see one of those threads. It really makes me curious what the *kitten* they are eating, I have to play ridiculous calorie tetris to stay under 1450.

I love that "calorie tetris" ! I'm stealing that one! :D:D

I do WW and MFP - needed more data than I was getting with WW, but need the accountability WW gives.