WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2018

Options

Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Rye - a car and a drivers license! WTG you have worked hard for the freedom you will now have!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Rye OMG! That's your surprise! What a good one! and what an adorable little car. BB-4, how cute is that

Karen in Virginia
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,125 Member
    Options
    Margaret- since they postponed the hearing I haven't heard from them. They haven't contacted me about the information I requested either. I will call tomorrow. I am also going to stop there Thursday.

Rye- Congratulations! Love the car!

<3

Mary from Minnesota / Arizona
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Rye! Yay you! That's a terrific accomplishment! You must feel so proud!

Sharon in Seattle area
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,243 Member
    Options
    Rye - Brilliant! I am so jealous! That's what I call "my Paris car" (in my dreams). Actually it's just the kind of car you need in Brighton too. B) LOVE it.

NYKAREN - Great Fall colours. What a great trip. Would love to do that someday. DH has, years ago, but not me.

Yoga this morning, then very early lunch and off to Hove. Want to get there in time to pick the kids up from school. Weather good. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,914 Member
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »
    Well, the project I’ve been working on since March is finally complete.
    Meet my car! BB-4,2. gezhjvwjdcwl.jpeg. Today, on my brand new first time ever driving license, it sits there in the grocery store parking lot where I drove it - without a licensed driver in the passenger seat with me for the first time!

A LOT, a whole lot of practice, a couple
    Fails on the driver road test (grr parallel parking) and here I am at age 53 with my first ever car and license.

It is an odd combination of great pride (this was close to impossible until we found the tiny car and then only by pure practice for six months and determination ) and shame (although my mind knows my disabilities are not shameful- my gut is always very embarrassed). But mostly overwhelming relief, fear and eagerness.)

A momentous day for me.

Rye

Congratulations!!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,719 Member
    Options
    Rye~ how wonderful isn't that exciting...
    I was asleep at 6:30 last night... i was exhausted slept until about 12:20 and then was awake for a bit tossing and turning for a bit before drifting off again... the hot flashes are a killer,,, will have to find a natural way to deal with it..
    soooo got the blood work back... now right now no cancer praise the Lord, but a precurser... called MGUS which is an abnormal M protein that is in the white blood cells... now I have been trying to read up on it and figure it out but will see my dr next week so she can explain to me... but it will be ongoing blood work..
    only I would get some weird blood thing going on...oh well
    working 10-5 today...
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,569 Member
    Options
    Hjjjhh
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    Rye Congrats!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,355 Member
    Options
    Rye - so happy for you! Congrats - will make your journey to work and back much easier for sure. (((HUGS)))

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • 1948Peachy
    Options
    Rye: Cute little car! So happy you perservered in pursuing your license! :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,719 Member
    Options
    just about ready to leave for work, went and fed my DFIL , and at first he refused... but God Bless him I was able to get oatmeal,eggs and peaches into him, and a health shake... another day with him, even if its the only meal he eats today... he ate...
    I am just feeling very tires like all the time, like I havent gotten enough sleep.. well we shall see the Dr wants to check me for sleep apnea... these things I have to check with my insurance...
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,934 Member
    Options
    :)Rye, what an awesome accomplishment. So many people are unwilling to take on such a huge challenge. You will thank yourself every day.

:)Allie, sorry to hear about weird blood test results. Use this as a big motivator to improve your health in other ways with more attention to healthy eating, exercise, and spiritual practices. And stay in the moment.

:) It rained a lot overnight but the forecast is for no rain the rest of the week so by Saturday I may begin to plan my bulbs.

<3 Barbie
  • mcbcec
    mcbcec Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Hi Michele in NC,

The Shelly name took hold in college, and before that in h.s. I was "Mitch" or "Mitchie," Names which I tolerated. :-)

Michele in DC – when I was little, my relatives in northern PA used to call me Shelly! I keep a Word document open and jot responses there. Then I just copy and paste it. Everyone has their own way that works for them, I’m sure you’ll find what works for you

• mcbcec
    mcbcec Posts: 12 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Does anyone have personal scale recommendations?-- because we get different readings all over the house, probably has to do with slumping floors in This Old House. But seriously, I need a new scale I can count on and maybe put it in the basement on the concrete floor.I have just started up again for two days, and was a saint with my intake and logging and 30 and 40 minutes of moderate to brisk walking each day and went up almost a whole pound. lol. Almost as if I was pre-period, which is impossible at 65! HA!
  • 1948Peachy
    Options
    SHELLY: I got a Homedics scale for Christmas and it works great!
  • efricke1
    efricke1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello All-it's been a while. I hadn't been reading (because of work stuff) so I just started reading at the beginning of October. Life has been challenging. The work stuff has me working from 10-7:30 which is not my regular schedule managing a series of presentations so lots of running around making sure everything is set up and people are there. Sadly, the "running around" doesn't add up to a lot of steps-not nearly enough to make up for the fact I've only been going to the gym on weekends. However, keeping strict track of my food has allowed me to continue losing! In fact, I'm 1.6# away from my first goal-to weigh as much as it says on my drivers license! I don't know if I have EVER weighed what I fib about on my DL! My wrist still isn't better so I haven't been able to get back to personal training. Another complications in our lives is that we can't bring the puppy to work anymore so we are juggling "childcare"

Rye-Congrats of achieving your goal. I love those cars...

NYKaren Toronto is one of my favorite cities! My sister (also named Karen) lives there, about a 10 minute walk from the AGO.

Allie Hugs about the concerning blood work. I hate that-I just want to know what is going on! I had a biopsy this AM for a spot on my foot that the dermatologist was concerned about. Could be 1-2 weeks before results are back!!

I'm glad to be all caught up and back among you!

ElizabethGA