• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    2kgnmr8afkv4.jpg
    Haha!
    👍Rebecca💗

Ut oh.... someone might get EGGED, lol.

Lanette
    Hoping we don't get any trick or treaters in SW WA State because the candy is going going gone, lol.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Love cousin It.....
    I'm home and in my jammies...nice afternoon...but boy does it feel good to lie down...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian friends.

Viv: Ditto about embracing my inner snail post-retirement. DH, the cat and I have a morning routine of exercise, walking, coffee and reading, but once that is done, the rest of the day is dictated by whatever moves me.

Barbie
    : So good to hear you are up, walking, dancing, and bolstering your winter wardrobe with quality items.

Michele
    : I'm glad that Vince is making the cat room divider. Jackson Galaxy has his clients feed their cats at the same time on opposite sides of the divider so they can see each other, get accustomed to other cats' smell, and see they are not going to take their food.

Rebecca: The fun size mini-salad is the funniest meme I've seen in a long time. Thought of you today when I made a white bean and sausage soup today.

I'm a little late to the shoe discussion, but still want to chime in as a New Balance fan. I just got a pair of trail running shoes for our wet and icy conditions. Walking a cat can be hazardous as he doesn't stay on a sidewalk. About three years ago I started using elastic laces on my gym shoes. It seems to provide more 'give' when I'm on machines which aggravate my Morton's Neuroma. I do use an orthotic as well.

I have three pairs of Crocs, a brand I've been loyal to since they first came out. They are popular in Hawaii, where I lived at the time. And, the company is based in Colorado, where I live now.

Hugs to everyone who is in emotional or physical pain. Deep breaths...you will get through this. Keep those wonderful photos coming, please.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
    Where

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    I'm sick with a cold. Sleeping and laying around.

<3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka: Congratulations to your DH for his first ride since the accident. WTG!!! You both seem to be getting your lives back. Yay!!!
    Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

It was his first ride to the end of the Cycleway ... we've been out 8 times, I think, plus a number of rides inside using Zwift ... gradually building up to yesterday's ride.

It was a milestone for him because in about mid-May he started talking about it and asking me to bring the bicycles into Rehab, and we'd ride to the end of the Cycleway. It was completely out of the question then ... but almost 5 months later, we've accomplished it. :):)

auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka Brava for putting your foot down, making your own plan, and getting the main care organizations to agree. Brava! A pretty notebook and colorful pens for your "Journalist" ROTFLMAO!

Yeah, this is a guy who has been around sports and the motorsport industry as a journalist and as a media consultant for years, and has spent the last 13-ish years in the rather rough environment of orcharding. While he appreciates flowers and is a great gardener ... I'm sure he'd regard pretty notebooks and coloured pens with a great deal of "eye-rolling". :lol:

Machka in Oz

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did a Core Secrets Accelerated Core Training DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do the Fit Body Yoga DVD.

M – “getting him a notebook and colorful pens”, what do they think he is, a 2-year-old? Your husband is making great strides

Went to the Hallmark store to get the Holiday ornaments Vince wanted. Well…I guess it could be worse. I did meet one lady there whose husband used to be on my bowling team a few years ago. He passed away, he had Parkinsons and Alzheimers. But he was the sweetest person on the face of the earth. Anyway, she was telling me that it’s just too hard for her to go into the bowling alley, but she’s getting better. She used to always be with him, sometimes she’d count the money just to pass her time. I remember she always brought her crochet with her. Tonight I’m Eucharistic Minister at the church

Carol – I remember one time Bryan asked me when I’m going to stop worrying about him. My answer was “get used to it because when I die I’m coming back from the grave to worry about you”.

NYKaren – how can people do something like that? How horrible. Glad you won’t let it get you down for your vacation

Ketone Karen – We were trying to think of a way to make a cousin It for a Halloween party but couldn’t think of how to make his “body”. What did you make it out of

Newcomers: Sandy many times goes shooting and the last time she mentioned to Vince that she didn’t know who I was so I asked her if she was going next Tuesday, that I’d stop in to introduce myself. Well, she invited Adra (no biggie) but seems that Adra wants to bring her laptop and have us input the new members. I really wanted this to be more of a casual thing, not work. Sandy mentioned that she’s feeling better but not up to a training session. That’s why I wanted this to be a casual thing. Well, come April I’m OUT. I feel bad for Sandy because I feel that I have encountered things that no one else has. Sandy is new to Newcomers, and I feel I could give her help. I feel I’m leaving her in a lurch. But I DO NOT want to go thru the hurt that I experienced. I’m afraid that’ll happen again. Adra is a really nice person and I know she’d go out of her way to help someone if she possibly can. But I also know that she’s somewhat of a control person, she likes to be head. And I know that she doesn’t know the website. When there’s a problem, she won’t be able to fix it. And I don’t want to be around when that happens.

Rori – Vince was saying that that’s what Jackson Galaxy recommends, a screen so that they can smell each other, maybe even “converse”, but they can’t go in her room. Hopefully, she’ll get somewhat better at socializing. How I wish she would, she’d have a ball with our cats. OK, she may not have the stamina they have, she’s older. But at least she could go up and down the stairs, even if it’s once/day. I feel so bad that she only has 2 bedrooms and the bath, but I don’t know what else to do. The rest of the house is all open.

Mary – feel better fast

Cut the grass today, used the weedwacker. While Vince was using the tractor something happened and the blades weren’t turning. He thinks that a part came off and try as we might, we couldn’t find it. So he ordered a new one.

Michele in NC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Michele Dollar Store hula skits and upside down tomato cage.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Ok so I slept for a few hrs and now awake with worry...
    Have heard nothing from buyers on inspection , appraisal...the vacant home insurance runs out on the 17 th,and I paid 717.00 for 3 months will have to renew that,I'm also paying electric up there as well as my own and I don't know if there is oil in the tank if we have to keep it heated...where I'm going to come up with the money I don't know...
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :)Allie. Stay in the moment. Everything is OK this minute. Read a book til you feel sleepy again. Don't manufacturer trouble for yourself <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    Some €#%**** took off the bumper of our rental car in the hotel parking lot while we were sleeping. :'(:'(:o:s Didn’t leave a note. Grrrrrrrr. Some way to start our trip :'(

Things can only improve from here.

NYKAREN

Most lots have videos if you know about what time it happened they could have it on video
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Sue in WA - Liver tumors are scary stuff. I'm keeping you both in my thoughts.

On a lighter note, I never thought about horses getting bored. Sounds like they're about as mischievous as toddlers or cats!

SueBDew in TX - Give yourself time and space to heal and grieve. We're also dealing with less light every day. Do try to get outdoors early in the day for 15 minutes to get that early morning natural light. Maybe go for a stroll instead of to the gym?

Barbie - Lovely day today! I'm having trouble dealing with therapist cooling, though. I love the sound of your red coat!

Machka - Yes. Somehow they never saw fit to restrict mine after my horrible fall in '96. It hurt like hell to drive to my doctor and therapy appts, or even to ride when dear hubby was driving. I'm afraid of what macular degeneration will do to this some time from now. I can listen to audio books, but I can't game or drive.

I can just imagine how my DH would have reacted to "a pretty notebook and colorful pens" to journal his thoughts and emotions. He did, in fact, journal for a writing class he attended. That continued for most of his final years, but it was about story ideas.

Janetr OKC - You know what song comes instantly to mind, don't you? Lol! She's precious in both views!

Michelle in NC - That screen arrangement should help unless they start to claw at it or climb it. If the hissing dies down it'll be time to let them get closer.

Karen in VA - Those pics made me chuckle! I guess we all fiddle around a bit when bored.

Carol in GA - Please listen to DH and see a cardiologist. Swollen legs are often one of the first signs. Catching things early is always best.

Had a bit of a tummy upset earlier. Only good thing about those is the scales for a day. Although I was pleased before all that happened to see I might go below 241 soon! I'm getting truly excited about the prospect of being able to continue to go down.

My goats were never bored. It seemed like they'd egg each other on to find mischief to get into. I know what happens when pugs get bored too! They break out of their own and stand on your back porch wanting back scratches! That was a funny morning to wake up to!

Sharon in Srattle area
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Still skimmin'
    Rebecca the fun size mini salads made me choke on my yoghurt! LOL! Was glad to hear from you.
    Beth likewise was glad to see you pop in.
    Karen in VA "We made Cousin It!" You and your grandson? Cool!
    Mary in AZ trust Shep is nursing you through your cold.

Basic Forestry for small woodland management field trip today was fun, tho' the breeze at times was decidedly chilly. The property we visited looked quite parklike. Owner is dilligent about keeping "trails" clear with his riding brush hogger, limbs his trees up way higher than the recommended 10 feet. It was beautiful but not the look either Joe or I want. Good thing . . .as we have neither the equipment, nor the energy!
    Learned to distinguish between coast redwood (which I knew it was not, but needles were close) and grand fir as well as to identify Oregon native "California" hazel. ;) Funny things about names, Oregon Myrtle is what I grew up knowing as California Bay Laurel. Spent a good 4+ hours tramping around in the fresh air. Was so wiped out I made a bee line to bed when I got home and fell right to sleep.

Company coming tomorrow, guest room dusted/tidied, guest bathroom cleaned. Good thing she'll accept the rest of the house the way we live... ;)

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 6/6, rx/vits 6/6, meditate 5/6, walk one more step 6/6, knee exercises 5/6, core 2/4, walk Tumble 1/4 times, SWSY 0/2, hang up or purge art 0/0, AF 5/6.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Rebecca Ha! Treat-sized salad. "Here you go, kids! Take two!"

(((Allie)))

Barbie I can't wait to see the red winter coat! Love red.

Rori I depend on Crocs. I wonder if they will continue to be manufactured though. I read they are shutting down manufacturing sites in Mexico, Italy, and Colorado. :'( I'll be stockpiling them, much as I hate to find room for storing a bunch of pairs of Crocs. The comfort of my feet (& ability to keep on working on my feet) depends on them.

Machka Interesting that DST starts today for you! I think our time changes are March & November this year. Pretty, pretty blossoms!

Barbara Cousin It was already in process when I came home from work yesterday. Apparently It has been on my partner's mind for some time - more than 2 years. She found the hula skirts at the Dollar Store in large quantities & seized the moment. Confiscating a tomato cage from my garden, she laid in wait for me to come home, then ambushed me with a "Do you think you could help me with this for just a minute?" Ha! She knows how to rope me into a project. We had a lot of fun making Cousin It. I think he turned out great.

NYKAREN Ooooooooh! That makes me furious for you. So irresponsible of whoever did that. t1949.gif

We saw Eddie Izzard on stage last night.

Going to work now.

Have a lovely day!

Karen in Virginia

d2ue7qmaabgk.jpeg
    3lws1bbr34bz.jpg