WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2018

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Sharon in the Seattle area, well if you ever come for a visit, tell me! We can meet for lunch or something👍
    Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Katla, one year in your fine little town💗👍.

yuwlgurv2t45.jpg
    9v9ygbno6kqq.jpg
    b8iflsog5p33.jpg
    We had a great time!
    Rebecca 💗
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    qclz27daihrg.jpg
    Old pic of middle and youngest son before they went out. So cute!
    Rebecca
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Back from my friend Bev's and enjoyed the afternoon ,got alot acommplished..
    Now in bed watching TV.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,821 Member
    Options
    Hello all: Drizzly day here. Went to church and then came home. Have been watching Midsommer Murders which some of you recommended. DD and I are really enjoying it.

Karen in VA - our bored horses have taken gutter off the barn, chewed on doorways and often dump the water tank. We have gotten them a ball which they ignored, tried a hanging toy in the barn, same thing and even found one of those chickens. Do you think our horses would play with it? No way. My new horse likes to pace the fence line and tear around tearing up the grass as he does. There is grass in the pasture and you would think they would stand and eat but not Bandit.

Everyone have a great Sunday, Sue in WA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,342 Member
    Options
    Did Fit Body Yoga DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do some hula hooping, hold my plank, then take the extremepump class.

Sharon – I highly doubt any of the cats will claw up the screen. I’ve never seen one of our cats climb the screen on the screened-in porch and I honestly don’t think Shadow will. She’s too old. All our cats and Shadow have been declawed. We promised the Humane Society that we wouldn’t --- but we did.

I’m REALLY not looking forward to DST at all. Jess doesn’t change the time so we’ll be ahead of her.

Rebecca – loved those “treats”. Put a real smile on my face

As far as Halloween candy – I found these two large bags in WalMart that had been marked down plus I had my coupon, so I grabbed them. Of course, they are Mars candy. They aren’t the snack size, I think they’re smaller. But at this price, I wasn’t about to pass this up.

Trimmed all the cats nails. Colby got Jess used to getting a pic every day of Shadow so we took one of her getting her nails trimmed. Vacuumed her room and took a pic of her hiding from the vacuum to send tomorrow. Mondays are our busy days what with exercise, shopping, bowling, ceramics and mahjongg.

Michele in NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I had a riding lesson today with my long time instructor. It seems that I've gotten sloppy, & she thinks it is time I improve. I may be able to have more regular lessons in the future, about every other week. Keeping my fingers crossed that it works out well. :smiley:
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,342 Member
    Options
    Totally forgot to tell you that I made stuffed apples for a gal at mahjongg whose birthday is next week. Also went in the pool. Here it is October and the water is still in the 80's. Now this I can live with!

Michele in NC

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,914 Member
    Options
    :) Drizzly today. Dog walking in the morning followed by a nap, lunch, TV, another nap, more dog walking, and now more TV watching. Who could ask for anything more. :)
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,914 Member
    Options
    :) Most people can't relate to the mechanics of decluttering until they have a reason for wanting to do so. It helped me when I moved to a new house, to notice how much stuff I had and realize that I didn't make use of a lot of it. For other people, the frustration of not being able to find things is what gets them going. It's a lot like the decision to lose weight--it didn't help me read about how to do it, until I was convinced that losing weight was what I wanted and needed.

:)Allie, I agree with you that having a strong spiritual program and belief is the best answer to dealing with fear and worry. Great idea about learning more about managing your finances.

<3 Barbie

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,

.......It’s been a tough bit here, I have way tons of embroidery work, which is good and bad, I can’t seem to find time for just me, but then am so needing down time that I let myself get distracted and don’t accomplish as much as I should. A good part of today there were 2 wildlands fires one about 20 miles away and the other about 40 miles away but with the wind direction our area was completely smoke and ash filled. I am fighting a headache, but there is no way to get away from it as I don’t have air conditioning. Oh well, the fires are out/in mop up so tomorrow will be better.

Smiles

Kim from N. California

I am so sorry about the smoke & fires in your area. It must be miserable for people & pets. We had had some fall rain. I hope you get enough rain to make things better.

Katla
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Kim I have a cousin in Healdsburg, and she periodically posts some amazing pictures of eerily lovely sunrises & sunsets through the smoky haze. I am sorry you have to deal with fires. Stressful. You work so hard, with your 2 fulltime jobs. I am not surprised you don't have much "me" time. I hope you can carve some out. I definitely need down time to recharge my engines. Thanks for the kind words about home schooling, Cousin It, and our flowers.

Karen in Virginia
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

I’m REALLY not looking forward to DST at all. Jess doesn’t change the time so we’ll be ahead of her.

You've got roughly 6 months to go before DST happens.

Are you not an evening person?

I LOVE DST because the daylight hours are shifted to give us light during the evening so we can do things like walk, cycle, etc. :)

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    mcbcec wrote: »
    All this said, I want to walk a fast 10 K again if possible by next June. ... Anyone jog or walk fast out there, any advice for starting up again and planning ahead?

I ran when I was a teenager and into my early 20s.

Then I stopped running altogether and switched my focus to cycling and walking.

Last November, I started running again, and ran a 10K event in mid-January. I've been running on and off ever since. In late September, I did a 5K event, and if there were another 10K event in November, I'd do it ... but I can't seem to find one on the schedule yet.

I still cycle and walk quite a bit ... I hit 1000 km of walking in 2018 this past weekend. :) Most of it is utility walking. I prefer not to drive so I walk everywhere!!

Machka in Oz

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    mcbec. Welcome. Keep checking in, log every bite and move a bit every day. This is a life change and starts with observing, making better choices, etc. you didn’t get to this weight overnight and it’s going to take conviction and focus to turn it around. Keep reading here as well, there are many folks that with exercise and logging their portions and choices have become active healthy individuals.

Tell us where you’re from and what you like to be called.

NYKAREN