Calorie Counter

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

How do you measure butter?

flippy1234flippy1234 Member Posts: 686 Member Member Posts: 686 Member
I put a small amount of Kerrygold butter (the best by the way) on my 1 piece of toast in the morning. How should I measure it?
«134

Replies

  • cerise_noircerise_noir Member Posts: 5,479 Member Member Posts: 5,479 Member
    Digital food scale.
    Yep, this.
  • flippy1234flippy1234 Member Posts: 686 Member Member Posts: 686 Member
    Digital food scale.

    But it's not even a measurable amount. Like maybe less than half a teaspoon.
  • flippy1234flippy1234 Member Posts: 686 Member Member Posts: 686 Member
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    Digital food scale.

    But it's not even a measurable amount. Like maybe less than half a teaspoon.

    Food scales measure in grams. Like Jruzer said. I'll bet it was more than a half teaspoon. One teaspoon is about 35/40 calories, so log it as 1/2 teaspoon and move on.

    Three teaspoons in a tablespoon.

    Yep, that's what I did.
  • cerise_noircerise_noir Member Posts: 5,479 Member Member Posts: 5,479 Member
    Jruzer wrote: »
    It probably weighs a few grams. A teaspoon of butter is 5 g.
    I tend to log anywhere between 4g-10g of butter, depending on what I’m using it for. Sometimes more if I’m baking.
  • quiksylver296quiksylver296 Member Posts: 27,133 Member Member Posts: 27,133 Member
    angelsja wrote: »
    Put the tub of butter on a digital food scale zero it take out what you want the negative number is how many grams you had

    Yep. This is what I do.
  • RachellaJRachellaJ Member Posts: 58 Member Member Posts: 58 Member
    I put my plate on the scale, press tare, then put my slice of butter on the plate. And always weigh in grams!
  • cerise_noircerise_noir Member Posts: 5,479 Member Member Posts: 5,479 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    Digital food scale.

    But it's not even a measurable amount. Like maybe less than half a teaspoon.

    These negligible amounts add up REAL quick throughout the day or week :)

    This, exactly.
  • earlnabbyearlnabby Member Posts: 8,057 Member Member Posts: 8,057 Member
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    I put a small amount of Kerrygold butter (the best by the way) on my 1 piece of toast in the morning. How should I measure it?

    weigh it on a food scale.
  • nutmegoreonutmegoreo Member Posts: 15,514 Member Member Posts: 15,514 Member
    angelsja wrote: »
    Put the tub of butter on a digital food scale zero it take out what you want the negative number is how many grams you had

    Yep. This is what I do.

    Me too! Same with peanut butter and jam.
  • nutmegoreonutmegoreo Member Posts: 15,514 Member Member Posts: 15,514 Member
    FireOpalCO wrote: »
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    I put a small amount of Kerrygold butter (the best by the way) on my 1 piece of toast in the morning. How should I measure it?

    When you can no longer see bread, that's 1 serving.

    I think that's for peanut butter... :bigsmile:
  • quiksylver296quiksylver296 Member Posts: 27,133 Member Member Posts: 27,133 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    FireOpalCO wrote: »
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    I put a small amount of Kerrygold butter (the best by the way) on my 1 piece of toast in the morning. How should I measure it?

    When you can no longer see bread, that's 1 serving.

    I think that's for peanut butter... :bigsmile:

    Right??? Because the butter melts. You'd keep adding and adding until your bread was soggy, and you'd still see it.
Sign In or Register to comment.