Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

'Extreme Diet Hotel'

2»

Replies

• blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    I agree with Marialuisa72 - people who are overweight (and I include myself in that category) have often lost sight of what a 'normal' portion size is. A normal portion of cereal is 40g - how many of us eat triple that on a regular basis?!

This programme acted as a short sharp shock to people who had lost track of what they were eating - and they believed that they NEEDED this amount of food to exist. The week away showed them that they didn't. And also showed them that if they didn't eat so much they would lose the weight they were 'desperate' to lose!

Yes its not sustainable for long term but the human body CAN survive without food so long as it has water/fluid. We have so much information these days about how to eat that I think we have forgotten the basics and that we dont need as much as we think
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited October 2018
    blobby10 wrote: »
    I agree with Marialuisa72 - people who are overweight (and I include myself in that category) have often lost sight of what a 'normal' portion size is. A normal portion of cereal is 40g - how many of us eat triple that on a regular basis?!

This programme acted as a short sharp shock to people who had lost track of what they were eating - and they believed that they NEEDED this amount of food to exist. The week away showed them that they didn't. And also showed them that if they didn't eat so much they would lose the weight they were 'desperate' to lose!

Yes its not sustainable for long term but the human body CAN survive without food so long as it has water/fluid. We have so much information these days about how to eat that I think we have forgotten the basics and that we dont need as much as we think

Surviving isn't thriving though. Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you SHOULD or that it's GOOD.
    These shows definitely push bad habits if done long term. I'm confused whether this one even has an attending physician.

I don't really care if someone does this stuff for a week. That's on them. But I worry about people doing it a week every month. Or more. And I agree it would deter from losing weight in a sustainable way since you would always have the memory of how hard that week was.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Anyone know where I could find full episodes online?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    vanityy99 wrote: »

Did you try YouTube? Theres probably most of it on there?
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    vanityy99 wrote: »

Did you try YouTube? Theres probably most of it on there?

I just see lil previews and clips.