The Body Appreciation Thread

Options

Replies

• Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Now, there is almost the opposite extreme going on where men want a hugely disproportionate fake butt and boobs on an otherwise skinny body.

My most recent ex wanted me to have plastic surgery. He said then I would be perfect like a Kardashian. No thanks. I am fine the way I am.

I don't get it. These girls look like they have "diaper booty." I blame the KarTRASHians.
  • Cutemesoon
    Options
    I was always very confident in how I looked up until my late 20's when I piled on the weight and my husband explained how very unattractive he found it.

Then I decided to change the way I looked. I lost 120 pounds He made it clear that I was very attractive to him again.
    Then I decided I didn't like the way he looked anymore. So we divorced
    , not sure he ever really understood why.

Now I have a man who loves ME. My weight has gone up and down during the relationship but he has made it clear he always finds me attractive. He supports me in my efforts to lose weight and sympathises when I struggle and kicks my butt when I need it.

Glad you got rid of him! Happy you have a supportive person in ur life now. Congrats on the weightloss!
  • SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Options
    I'm one of the women that haven't posted many pics because I don't have an after pic. This thread is awesome! I kinda feel like it was made for me... Though I'm sure it was made for many people on various points of their fitness journey. I was always tiny. In my early 20's I was a size 3. I had my boy and kept gaining weight afterwards. I was feeding two ( breastfeeding) and I ate whatever. Right before he turned 3 I had lost 30 lbs but soon went through a divorce.. I did well until I dealt with two injuries in 2016.. I gained a lot of weight afterwards and have been struggling getting my mindset back into eating healthy all of the time. I'm now doing a p90x/ p90x3 hybrid and trying to get my mind and eating under control. It's a process and a lifestyle change.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    I am 63 now, I have gray hair. Women of a certain age become invisible as no one really notices us - not our looks anyway. Like most women, there are things I like about my body and things that I don't. I'm old enough to realize that it is more important to me that my body get healthy. And I appreciate all of my organs doing their job, and I am grateful I don't have any diseases.
    There are many things I don't understand about women like the Kardashians and I certainly would never consider them as having model bodies, mostly because they have had so many body enhancements - it is impossible to know what is real. Those men who think that is a standard for beauty would just have to look elsewhere. From the little I know about them, they haven't done too well in the men department.
  • SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Options
    @manderson27 : I'm glad you got rid of your ex and have found someone that truly loves you
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I am 63 now, I have gray hair. Women of a certain age become invisible as no one really notices us - not our looks anyway.

I am 61 and sometimes feel like this. Then I tell myself I don't have to be invisible. Yeah the weight and fitness needs work. but I still put on my make up get my nails/hair done and buy a new sexy dress and go out dancing.

Oh and did I tell you about my awesome back tattoo that I have just had so that when I wear a bikini next holiday I am going to flash some ink. No? Then let me show you :):):):):)

0q1wlfigc8s3.jpg

• beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    I am 63 now, I have gray hair. Women of a certain age become invisible as no one really notices us - not our looks anyway.

I am 61 and sometimes feel like this. Then I tell myself I don't have to be invisible. Yeah the weight and fitness needs work. but I still put on my make up get my nails/hair done and buy a new sexy dress and go out dancing.

Oh and did I tell you about my awesome back tattoo that I have just had so that when I wear a bikini next holiday I am going to flash some ink. No? Then let me show you :):):):):)

0q1wlfigc8s3.jpg

Lovely! And enjoyed your earlier story/post -- glad you have someone in your life who loves you and appreciates you -- no matter what your size.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

You're my super heroine! Inspirational x[/quote]

@SurfyPantsAgainAgain Aww thanks sweetie :)

• Cutemesoon
    edited September 2018
    Options
    When I was a size 20/22, I felt ugly & thought i'd love myself more if I could just get to a size 12/14. When I got there, I still didn't feel beautiful. I thought, "If I could only get to a size 10, i'd be beautiful!" So I hired an online coach since I was at a plateau. In 12 wks, I went from a size 12 to a size 8. For the 1st time in my adult life, I was in single digits. Was I happy? NO! I've been able to maintain my dress size but i'm still NOT happy with my body! My hips are too wide, my belly isn't flat enough.The moral of the story is, sometimes we fool ourselves into thinking that if we could just get to a certain size, our lives would be much better & we would be happier. This is not always the case. Don't get me wrong, im glad i'm not the size I used to be. My eating habits were unhealthy & I never exercised. So i'm greatful i've changed my lifestyle. So while I have the dress size i've always wanted, I still don't have the body I thought i'd have. My advice to anyone that needs to hear it, is that we all need to take time to love ourselves, just the way we are RIGHT NOW! Be thankful we have the strength to move & the ability to workout. My hope is that everyone will find it within themselves to realize they are amazing no matter what size they are!

I've spent my entire life hating my body, I wish I loved it instead! People should be allowed to love themselves, while still fighting to be healthy!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Even the smaller size I am now, my inner fat girl voice still talks to me sometimes. Usually when I feel stressed, or if people were hurtful to me.

I don't always listen or believe that voice but it does still show up from time to time.

Losing weight honestly just helps improve or mend the physical. My life didn't magically fall into place when I lost weight. Quite the opposite actually.

I think that inner voice is just a bad habit or part of old coping mechanisms tbh.
  • Cutemesoon
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Even the smaller size I am now, my inner fat girl voice still talks to me sometimes. Usually when I feel stressed, or if people were hurtful to me.

Losing weight honestly just helps improve or mend the physical. My life didn't magically fall into place when I lost weight. Quite the opposite actually.

Same. :cry:
  • yogidani77
    yogidani77 Posts: 6,978 Member
    Options
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »

Same. :cry:

I think we all feel like this at times....
    I enjoyed reading the posts in this thread.
    Very insightful.
    It is about being our best self and not about competing with anyone else. I always feel better when I think about what I have accomplished rather than comparing myself to how others look. BUT it is a constant struggle that takes daily work!
  • Cutemesoon
    Options
    I think for me, I'm competing with myself but it feels like I'm losing. Because of certain limitations, I've had to stop working out as hard( ex. slow down on HIIT) and I can't lift as heavy. :cry: I've put on weight, but i'm fighting to stay the same dress size. I've been the same size for 3 yrs and I REFUSE to buy bigger clothes. So even tho I've lost a TON of weight, I still feel like I haven't gotten "there" yet. I'm in my goal size but don't have my goal body yet. Hmm...Maybe I should go back and read this post so I can make myself feel better.
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I loved reading most of these comments.. I’m still on the journey to love this body
  • kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    i829zjr83u2g.png
  • kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    My favourite Rupi quote
    vhctmntyblf3.jpeg

Love this.

• yogidani77
    yogidani77 Posts: 6,978 Member
    Options
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    I think for me, I'm competing with myself but it feels like I'm losing. Because of certain limitations, I've had to stop working out as hard( ex. slow down on HIIT) and I can't lift as heavy. :cry: I've put on weight, but i'm fighting to stay the same dress size. I've been the same size for 3 yrs and I REFUSE to buy bigger clothes. So even tho I've lost a TON of weight, I still feel like I haven't gotten "there" yet. I'm in my goal size but don't have my goal body yet. Hmm...Maybe I should go back and read this post so I can make myself feel better.

I’m at the same place! I have met my goal weight BUT when I look in the mirror still not happy with what I see. I keep having to remind myself that I look so much better than I did X pounds ago and that my overall health is WAY better, but I still think “my stomach is too flabby, my A is too flabby, I wish my triceps were firmer, etc, etc.... it is a struggle everyday, but I know that it is worth it to work to keep a positive body image and to learn to love myself BUT it is not easy. I wish we could see ourselves the way others do.....