PHOTO ONLY SUCCESS STORIES!

Options

Replies

• IM_in_training
    IM_in_training Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It’s my 44th birthday today but also my 5 year maintenance anniversary! I’m very proud of maintaining my weight loss and fitness for that time!
    s4cmk2mrf8r4.jpeg
    4cu3j2pv6yjv.jpeg
    Went from 209 lbs to 166 lbs.

Happy B-Day and kudos for the weight loss!
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    tams_89 wrote: »
    It’s my 44th birthday today but also my 5 year maintenance anniversary! I’m very proud of maintaining my weight loss and fitness for that time!
    s4cmk2mrf8r4.jpeg
    4cu3j2pv6yjv.jpeg

Happy Birthday :love:

Thanks! :)
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    s4cmk2mrf8r4.jpeg
    4cu3j2pv6yjv.jpeg

Happy B-Day and kudos for the weight loss!

Thank you! :)
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Bendiz_ wrote: »
    ljcd9mxld9r7.jpg

I too am an insulin pump user too...you find that with the use of insulin makes weight loss a little more of a challenge? Have you suffered hypo episodes?
  • fitchick37
    fitchick37 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    ljcd9mxld9r7.jpg

I too am an insulin pump user too...you find that with the use of insulin makes weight loss a little more of a challenge? Have you suffered hypo episodes?

It definately makes it more of a challenge. I don’t lose much weight if I’m not very strict on my carb intake. The more carbs I eat, the more insulin I need.. I’ve found that eating 50-80g of carbs a day was most effecient for me. My weight wasn’t budging for two months when I ate over 100g of carbs (even if I was eating the same amount of calories) Insulin is anabolic, so that’s probably the reason why. After my first 20 pounds I had an awful hypo episode while I was sleeping. If my boyfriend hadn’t reacted and given me something I don’t know what would have happened.. So be careful! I feel like a healthier way of eating and weight loss has increased my insulin sensitivity like hell. I’m probably using like 1/6th of the insulin I did before. Blood sugar should be reeeally closesly monitored during weight loss. And if you have a hypo episode and have «used up» all your calories, just f* the calories 😂 You don’t ruin your progress by having to get your blood sugar up one night.

T1 over here too, I’m aiming for 60ish carbs but it’s slow going for weightloss! Thank goodness for the Libre.

You look amazing, I’ve about 90 pounds to go, hope I can get a nice flat belly back :)
  • dsboohead
    Options
    ljcd9mxld9r7.jpg

It definately makes it more of a challenge. I don’t lose much weight if I’m not very strict on my carb intake. The more carbs I eat, the more insulin I need.. I’ve found that eating 50-80g of carbs a day was most effecient for me. My weight wasn’t budging for two months when I ate over 100g of carbs (even if I was eating the same amount of calories) Insulin is anabolic, so that’s probably the reason why. After my first 20 pounds I had an awful hypo episode while I was sleeping. If my boyfriend hadn’t reacted and given me something I don’t know what would have happened.. So be careful! I feel like a healthier way of eating and weight loss has increased my insulin sensitivity like hell. I’m probably using like 1/6th of the insulin I did before. Blood sugar should be reeeally closesly monitored during weight loss. And if you have a hypo episode and have «used up» all your calories, just f* the calories 😂 You don’t ruin your progress by having to get your blood sugar up one night.

I am finding to reduce my ratios and not just feed insulin.....not good but nice to know thats its an issue that is shared.
  • dsboohead
    Options
    fitchick37 wrote: »
    ljcd9mxld9r7.jpg

T1 over here too, I’m aiming for 60ish carbs but it’s slow going for weightloss! Thank goodness for the Libre.

You look amazing, I’ve about 90 pounds to go, hope I can get a nice flat belly back :)

Yes so true....wondering if its a little slower because of our insulin use (???)
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    PAFC84 wrote: »
    ljcd9mxld9r7.jpg

Great results.

Excuse my nosiness but what is the grey "box on your stomach?

Thank you 😄 It’s an omnipod, an insulin pump 🙈 I have T1 diabetes.

I thought it might be something like that. Cheers.
  • ITfitchick
    ITfitchick Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!