What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,138 Member
    Options
    I saw a pig at the soccer fields today, that's a good omen right?

I had a game man.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    I saw a pig at the soccer fields today, that's a good omen right?

I had a game man.

:o
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Moon_Stone wrote: »
    The fact that I don't care very much about very much right now. Maybe I'm back on the angry portion of this stupid *kitten* circle of grief, or whatever it is. Maybe I'm just a miserable *kitten* in general. Whatever it is, I'm pissed. I'm full of rage, but I have nothing to take it out on, except myself. Almost 5 years sober, but I don't want to be. The only friends I even talk to these days, I really type to, and even then I don't know if they're real or not. My "real" friends are always there to tell me "let me know if you need anything", which is awesome until I actually need something. I feel like it's me against the world, and the world has taken one of the most important and cherished things that I've ever loved, so *kitten* the world. That's what's on my mind

Ha. I would've woo'd this too

I know this sounds trite but Hang In there T. Whoever did that woo is petty. You’ve been through a lot and it’s sad someone would do that. I don’t think I would’ve survived what you had if I was in your shoes. Sending you positive energy.

I honestly don't care about the woo stuff. I find it very funny. Thanks for the nice words. I'm just proud that I can bother someone that much, just by existing, that they find the need to let me know they don't like me. That's loyalty defined. I'm flattered.

Well you did get 6 hugs
    Mine was one, js 🙂
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Catching "Venom" before or after church today .... Hmmmm💁

I think you’ll like it

I actually did like Venom. I was laughing throughout the movie. He played his role so well. Lol. It's just too bad that it's make believe .... Having a Venom as friend would be super useful. 😉

OMG! ! Tom Hardy out lobstered Daryl Hannah . He was super feral. Gif worthy. Unexpectedly endearing. The way he crunched into that raw lobster. 😛
  • 777Gemma888
    edited October 2018
    Options
    ... My friend's wedding on the week of Dec 21st. I literally have this month and November to shed as much of my excess fat as I can, with tidying up to be done around December. I'm going to need serious corseting to control my shape, so I do not make myself cringe when I do see photos. 48 days + 10 days. If pressed, I can make the adjustments myself for my dress ... Thoughts ...!
  • trish2016
    trish2016 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    ... My friend's wedding on the week of Dec 21st. I literally have this month and November to shed as much of my excess fat as I can, with tidying up to be done around December. I'm going to need serious corseting to control my shape, so I do not make myself cringe when I do see photos. 48 days + 10 days. If pressed, I can make the adjustments myself for my dress ... Thoughts ...!

Stop pressurizing yourself, that is the worst way to fail. Instead set a realistic goal to lose X amount each week. Purchase a dress that suits your shape and in the right size as I always find when you do that you feel alot better, look alot better and have more confidence. As you lose weight you can buy different clothes to suit your changing shape. Get your hair and make done for the day and you will feel amazing and look great too.
  • mayaarnette98
    mayaarnette98 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just want to change and be a better person... I want to get healthy mentally , physically and spiritually. Do anyone have tips or encouraging words to help get to that ?
  • Chael2dot0
    Chael2dot0 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Thinking about getting my teen her first cell phone. I'm so over protective when it comes to my kids but I think its time to realize she's not my little girl anymore plus, I need to know where she's at at every hour of the day :#

Was thinking about this the other day, at what age do you give your kid a phone?

I was surprised that one of my friends 8 year old daughter had a phone. I get it, it's good to be able to get a hold of your kid, and it's maybe a safety thing too (altho an 8 year old should be in adult supervision, imo) but I was a bit surprised.

And do you/should you look throu your kids phone?

As a teen, I'm assuming that would be a no, don't think it would go over well, but a younger child?

my daughter has a phone, i gave her one when she was 8. it gave me a lot of peace of mind tbh, because she can get hold of me if she needs to. she only has family as contacts and her two best girlfriends, and they text each other emojis mostly. i changed the settings so the phone does not access the internet, and if she wants to buy an app it pings my phone for approval first anyways.

there are other good things too. she texts me a lot, little sweet messages, even from the other room. we send pics that are funny and music we like. there’s a few apps i got her for school that practice times tables, grammar and touch typing and she plays-to-learn with those. she also programs in scratch and can test projects on her phone. don’t believe in demonizing tech, so i hate the idea of making it seem like computers and phones are this big scary thing instead of teaching boundaries and learning how to properly lock down a device.

Thank you for sharing the positive side of it. I'm looking forward to receiving her random day thoughts, memes and "mom, stop" messages lol
    Chael2dot0 wrote: »
    Thinking about getting my teen her first cell phone. I'm so over protective when it comes to my kids but I think its time to realize she's not my little girl anymore plus, I need to know where she's at at every hour of the day :#

We told the boys at any time we can check their phones. We've had to pull Snapchat, but not so much as for what my boys do, but just the misc stuff people post on theirs. Truly a cesspool of stuff. They both do FB and IG, and they are pretty safe, comparatively safe. We use Live360 for tracking and both know it is there. Has worked out well enough. Good luck.

Thanks! I'll look into the Live360.

And sorry, that should be LIFE360 - dis... https://www.life360.com/
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I just want to change and be a better person... I want to get healthy mentally , physically and spiritually. Do anyone have tips or encouraging words to help get to that ?

becoming a better person ?

...... I got nuthin'.
  • her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Trying to find the time to get my car back together and get to the track before the season ends.
    Constantly on my mind. Still can't seem to find the time though.
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    trish2016 wrote: »

Stop pressurizing yourself, that is the worst way to fail. Instead set a realistic goal to lose X amount each week. Purchase a dress that suits your shape and in the right size as I always find when you do that you feel alot better, look alot better and have more confidence. As you lose weight you can buy different clothes to suit your changing shape. Get your hair and make done for the day and you will feel amazing and look great too.

Not pressuring myself😊A little frustrated, yes. I do have realistic goal settings, only that I am finicky over clean lines... The dress fits, which is great. I just despise that most wedding photos are side profile ... Cringe.

Appreciate your thougets Trish.😊
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    My sister is blasting Andrea Bocelli - "Por ti volare"... Now, I want to travel to Italy ...Eat ... Take it all in. Sighs!
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    A countdown clock
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    skctilidie wrote: »
    A countdown clock

I just bought two clocks, come watch them with me