Pizza Hut All You Can Eat (pizza buffet) calories?

Options
I am taking out my family for a meal and I am also on CICO

Trying to plan my intake (my TDEE is about 2375-2500 and I am happy to spend that all during the lunch, even going slightly more (up to 3000-3500)). The goal is to hit the Salad Bar first and then enjoy some pizza with my children

I am trying to estimate the pizza calories specifically for the buffet. Taking an average pizza/style, etc. - is 225 calories per slice a fair estimate? Meaning that if I rake up 500 calories in the salad bar I can then easily eat 15 slices max (if I want to/enjoy so much) to make it (500+15*225) 3875 calories

Replies

• DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I will agree with @TavistockToad, whenever I eat a plain cheese slice of Mom&Pop shop pizza I just count it as 350 calories a slice. I use the quick add feature.
  • aemsley05
    aemsley05 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Pizza hut have a pdf with their nutritional info - including the buffet-sized slices and salad bar items. Assuming you're also in the UK, here's the link so you can check it out and pick out what you'd like: https://www.pizzahut.co.uk/restaurants/r/SysSiteAssets/rebrand/food/nutritionalinformation/pzh3084_8828_nutritional_booklet_210x297_ra_v2.pdf/
    Scroll down past the allergens and ingredients for the nutritional info.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @beerfoamy saw this thread and thought of you... :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    So you are planning/hoping to eat 15 slices of pizza? Not judging just honestly curious.

They really are smaller slices in the buffet. So while a medium may normally be cut into 8 pieces, at the buffet they will be 12-14 pieces. So they are really talking about eating a whole medium pizza. I'd have no trouble doing that on the very rare occasion.

I'd probably round to 300 a slice and know I'm overestimating.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    So you are planning/hoping to eat 15 slices of pizza? Not judging just honestly curious.

I hope there’s a video, I’m impressed!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

They really are smaller slices in the buffet. So while a medium may normally be cut into 8 pieces, at the buffet they will be 12-14 pieces. So they are really talking about eating a whole medium pizza. I'd have no trouble doing that on the very rare occasion.

I'd probably round to 300 a slice and know I'm overestimating.

Couldn't you just multiply the normal nutrition by 8 and then divide by 14 (or 12 or 13)?
  • MissDevin
    MissDevin Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    great, now i want pizza hut
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,058 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna go in another direction here.

This is why I eat out infrequently when I'm attempting to lose weight. Pizza is delicious and I can easily eat most of a medium pizza in one sitting. There is no way to accurately get a calorie count, so anything from 300-450 could be the number. Log it as best you can and move on. Even two slices from the same pizza are going to have slightly different counts, and there is no way to be accurate.

If I do this one time per month, no big deal. If I do it once a week, it's a little bigger a deal. Daily and all bets are off.

Just enjoy your (occasional) pizza buffet and log on the high side and move on.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I don't think 15 slices of pizza is going to fit nicely into any diet plan but you are free to give it a shot. Me, I would aim high on calorie estimate. I would also drink a glass of unsweet tea before eating three pieces of pizza and pushing my plate away.
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Is the goal to feel stuffed or satisfied? Is the pizza more important than your goal? Plan what you will eat and log it. If the slices are slightly smaller I personally wouldn’t calculate the difference, I would log the larger number.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options

Hehe I did 16 this lunchtime.
    I will add that they were all thin base slices. (Cos that makes it healthy hehe)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »

Hehe I did 16 this lunchtime.
    I will add that they were all thin base slices. (Cos that makes it healthy hehe)

As long as you had a slice or 2 of a veggie one?!