Maintenance Range...120's
Eating Plan...OMAD As Needed

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    That is awesome.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    you got this. do you have wisdom to share?

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Nice job Brenda. Does OMAD as needed mean that’s what you do if you need to cut, or that’s just your standard way of eating?
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Nice job Brenda. Does OMAD as needed mean that’s what you do if you need to cut, or that’s just your standard way of eating?

I had the same question....
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited May 2018
    nowine4me wrote: »

I eat this way just to maintain...If I have a day when I eat a lot and my weight is up I will eat OMAD until my weight comes back down...I usually end up eating OMAD 2 or 3 days a week.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Congratulations!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Nice job maintaining :smile:

• walktalkdog
    walktalkdog Posts: 102 Member
    But would you use the words that OMAD stands for? There are so many acronyms used on this site and I feel so dumb - I don't know what mosts of them mean!
  • walktalkdog
    walktalkdog Posts: 102 Member
    Great job, by the way! That's so awesome!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Congrats on a successful year!
  • nancym30
    nancym30 Posts: 27 Member
    Brenda, can you tell us more about your OMAD eating: how often do you use it, what is it, how much / when do you eat? I'd appreciate it. I lost 58 pounds one year ago, maintained really well for 8 months, then started climbing slowly to an extra 15 pounds. I'm taking that off now, am down 5 since starting MFP about two weeks ago, and am going to get that other 10 pounds off. love the planning and tracking, and the community support!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited October 2018
    My eating plan nowadays is intermittent fasting. 4 days a week I eat OMAD (One Meal A Day) and one of those days I might fast all day and just drink water. The other 3 days I have an 8 hour eating window. I used to eat low carb but not anymore. I eat everything including fruits and vegetables and I also eat sweets in moderation.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Nice job! Seems like losing an 1” in one year is a lot, guessing one year or another (or both) was a bit off. Shoes, no shoes? Less hair on top?
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Maybe Pilates or Yoga will help you extend the 1" again.... We tend to slump a little more each year without being aware of it.